IGNORED

What has become of the Rovirosa Family?

Buzzard

The family of 11? was brought to our attention by their mother's pepto bismal blog 'bealivingsacrifice.blogspot.com'  Its been defunct for years, but oh my, has Alexandra, the oldest daughter, broken out of the mold of those ridiculous matching christmas outfits!

https://www.facebook.com/alexandra.rovirosa89

https://www.instagram.com/alexamrovirosa/

She has a boyfriend that she not only kisses, but takes pictures of her kissing him and GASP posts them! She's in cosmetology school and seems to be living her dream of acting.  I see only one picture, from almost 2 years ago, related to her family. I'm wondering if something happened that I'm not aware of, especially because she references her "adopted" family in some of the posts.  The family pretty much dropped off the radar after Timothy died in the womb.

Does anyone have any other info?

rovirosawedding.jpg

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

Didn't something weird happen with the dad and his church? 

I have a mutual FB friend with Alexandria. Pondering how the person I know knows her. 

• Upvote 3

I remember them!  I was actually wondering the other day what happened.  

The mom said she was remodeling the blog and it'd be back shortly...that was over 2 years ago :pb_confused:

This appears to be Nicolas, the oldest

https://www.facebook.com/nicolas.rovirosa

He also seems to have left the fold and has a healthy fantasy reading list

This is Jonathan, the one who got married.  His wife has a pretty open page as well.

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.rovirosa?pnref=story

And here's the kicker... DAD.... NOT WITH MOM

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=736212630&fref=ufi&pnref=story

He changed his status to "in a relationship" on 10/29 and the woman in the picture is most definitely not Sherry!

He proposed to her on Saturday...

https://www.facebook.com/juliet.schofield?pnref=lhc

As far as I can tell, Alexandra is not "friends" with her father and none of the pages I have found are "friends" with mom. 

• Upvote 1

So if I'm looking at the dad's FB page correctly, his banner picture is the 11 kids and the ex wife, and his profile is him and the fiancé? That's...not classy.

• Upvote 7

I don't know this family at all. They have both an Alexander and Alexandra? I know a family like that, reused names. I find that really odd.

1 minute ago, Anonymousguest said:

I don't know this family at all. They have both an Alexander and Alexandra? I know a family like that, reused names. I find that really odd.

Its too bad that the original blog was taken down, but feel free to fall down a FJ rabbit hole on this family.  There are several threads about them, including links to them singing (badly) les mis on youtube.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

Whoa....did not see that coming at.all.  :pb_eek:

Yeah, when I posted that I mostly was looking at Alexandra's boyfriend... I did NOT expect to find that the good pastor (who did spend a lot of time away from the family) would be taking a new wife!

I cant find anything that gives me an idea of what happened to Sherry. She is listed as doing the costumes for one of Alexandra's plays last year and she has a pinterest, but thats it.  *crickets*

They were married for a good while... I can't imagine what it's like for her to have to completely recreate her life.  Her sister passed away right before her blog closed down (very sad story), and now her husband seems to have left her.  I can't imagine that she has any viable means of support other than alimony and child support.  Crazy.

I am glad her children seem to be building lives for themselves outside of their mother's Lady Lydia Pink brand of crazy.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Well, the Duggars did that twice!!! Joy-Anna and Johanna and Jeremiah and Jedidiah! It's TOTALLY normal!!!

:roll:

• Upvote 4

Jedidiah and Jeremiah sounds similar but aren't the same name. Joy-Anna and Johanna is just ridiculous. I think they reused some of the muddle names too. The Arndts too have reused names. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Whoa....did not see that coming at.all.  :pb_eek:

Neither did I! Wow. I wonder what she is doing now. 

Dang. I am glad to see that Alex looks really happy. I remember seeing some blog posts of hers where she sounded way too smart to be stuck at home. I didn't know she was in Kansas City -- I have a couple of mutual FB friends too.

• Upvote 1

Great to see those kids are wearing normal clothes!  Remember those white dresses and shirts Sherry dressed them in?  And Alexandra and Nicholas have their own lives! Wow!

Their upbringing sounded dire even going by their mother's own blog.  IIRC she practiced obedience with them for an hour each morning and pretty much boasted about how much she 'disciplined' them?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I cant find anything that gives me an idea of what happened to Sherry. She is listed as doing the costumes for one of Alexandra's plays last year and she has a pinterest, but thats it.  *crickets*

I wonder if she passed away...

I wondered that, but I'd expect to see an obit somewhere for her if she'd died.  On the other hand I wouldn't have thought that Ignacio's church would look kindly on divorce?  So he may have left his wife and his ministry, google found me an Ignacio Rovirosa with a background in the ministry who's now working as a salesman.  I think that he was Catholic originally and bounced around through a bunch of churches so wouldn't be surprised if he'd moved on again.  Just hope those poor kids are OK.

Just adding that I always wondered whether Sherrys' blog was some kind of elaborate spoof!  It was so bizzare and over the top.  My guess is that sadly it was for real, there were just too many photos. 

• Upvote 1

It's still a bit strange that she cannot be found even on the facebook pages of the children.
Isabella Rovirosa seems to be quite young and I'm not 100% sure how she is related - she's friends with Jonathan but not with Ignacio:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004512764764

If she is one of the daughters I wonder who she is living with (there is a picture of her with an elderly woman, maybe a grandma).
No trace of Sherry...

Edit: There is an Isabella listed here: http://bealivingsacrifice.blogspot.de/

Edit 2: OK, I'm not good at this. Some more research would have shown me that Isabella and Adelaide are still in contact with Alexandra at least.

Edited by Joyleaf

1 hour ago, Joyleaf said:

Good spot.  I'm sure she'd have been mentioned if she had died before mother in law.

I'm guessing that she's keeping right off social media.  She was so very, very publically certain on her blog that she knew the One True Biblical Way of keeping your husband's love, her whole life was about being a Christian Wife and Mother and whatever happened must have been devastating for her.

• Upvote 2