IGNORED

Connection between IBLP/Staddons and Church of Wells?

luv2laugh

I noticed that Robert Staddon is indeed Facebook friends with two of the "pastors/ cult leaders" of the Church of Wells. Does anyone know about their connection? Doesn't the Church of Wells believe that they are the only true saved ones? If so, I'm curious as to why IBLP people would be affiliated with them... Hmm... Also, the Jim and Bobye Holt are friends with the Church of Wells pastor, Jacob Gardner, too. Nathan Corduan is too.. This is freaky... the Church of Wells is a legitimate official cult. I wonder what is going on...

(Yes, sorry admins I accidentally posted this in the Duggar forum by accident- don't know how to delete it from there.)

The two elders of the Church of Wells, according to FB, must have been a part of IBLP/ATI. One of them, Ryan Ringnald, is FB friends with many fundie IBLP people including Staddons, Holts, Corduans, etc and attended ATI family camp years ago.  It kind of make sense that they would have tried out IBLP first before forming a legit cult.

So this article makes no menation of the leaders having been in ATI. Looks like they were all mainstream evangelicals who got into street preaching in college. However, from my Facebook snooping, it appears that Ryan and Jacob are married to a pair of sisters, maiden name Courville, from a large homeschooling family near Springfield, MO.  Their relatives Facebook pages show that they're friends with the Niednagels and other IFB types. Maybe that's the connection.

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

So this article makes no menation of the leaders having been in ATI. Looks like they were all mainstream evangelicals who got into street preaching in college. However, from my Facebook snooping, it appears that Ryan and Jacob are married to a pair of sisters, maiden name Courville, from a large homeschooling family near Springfield, MO.  Their relatives Facebook pages show that they're friends with the Niednagels and other IFB types. Maybe that's the connection.

You are right I think that is the connection too.  Joy Courville, whose family has major IBLP connections and attended the yearly Family Camp, married Ryan Ringnald (one of the 3 "elders"). He was mainstream evangelical, comes from one of the wealthiest families in Dallas, and went to Baylor and became extremely fanatical. 

20 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

You are right I think that is the connection too.  Joy Courville, whose family has major IBLP connections and attended the yearly Family Camp, married Ryan Ringnald (one of the 3 "elders"). He was mainstream evangelical, comes from one of the wealthiest families in Dallas, and went to Baylor and became extremely fanatical. 

I sorta went to college with 1 or 2 of the leaders. We overlapped at Baylor. I didn't know them, but I have friends who did. I do remember the one "preaching" at students on campus, but school officials shut that down fast. The general consensus was that people thought they were nuts. My roommate kinda went to the church that they came out of in Waco. A LOT of fanatical type students went there, but most fizzled out and didn't go off and start a cult or anything... It doesn't surprise me one bit that they came out of that church. I had profs who considered the church cultish and have several friends who were burned by it. 

Archived