IGNORED

Mike Huckabee insists he never defended Smuggar

ShepherdontheRock

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud Iowan right here! Even though the crowd applauds for Huckabee, it makes me very happy one of my fellows Iowans had the balls to call Huckabee out on his stupidity. Oh, and when he alluded to the girls being tortured from the media, I wanted to yell at the screen that the PARENTS put their family out to the world with skeletons in their closet. You put yourselves out there condemning other lifestyles and creating legislation, then it will bite you in the ass when your dirty secrets are unearthed. Being a polarizing public figure isn't always fair, but the Duggars MADE that choice. It's a double-edged sword. A two-way street. That's how the world works.

American Bridge is a pro-Hillary SuperPAC. I don't know if the woman was a plant or if they have people filming all the GOP candidates' townhalls. But good for them for showing this side of Huckabee's personality! He really does not come off well in this video.

4 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

American Bridge is a pro-Hillary SuperPAC. I don't know if the woman was a plant or if they have people filming all the GOP candidates' townhalls. But good for them for showing this side of Huckabee's personality! He really does not come off well in this video.

In this day and age, politicians should assume anything they say in public meetings like these is being video'd. And of course a politician visibly losing their temper (not just debating something tensely) is going to be YouTube gold. Then again, I'm not sure that anyone who's still in favor of Huckabee at this point would change their views of him based on his responses to this woman. But you're right, he really doesn't come off well here.

I don't know either, but with the Iowa Caucuses right around the corner, every political person and their mom has descended on the state. They might have been there to film Huckabee and happened upon campaign stop gold, or the lady might have been a plant. The thing is, you can plan out something all you want, but the key deciding factor is the politician and how he reacts. And, Huckabee delivered in this case.

"Accusing him (Huckabee) of supporting child abuse," that's rich.  It's a fact (that was shown thru actions that all had their nexus in him).  

40 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I don't know either, but with the Iowa Caucuses right around the corner, every political person and their mom has descended on the state. They might have been there to film Huckabee and happened upon campaign stop gold, or the lady might have been a plant. The thing is, you can plan out something all you want, but the key deciding factor is the politician and how he reacts. And, Huckabee delivered in this case.

Yeah being here in Iowa I've got a front row seat to all the dumb fuckery going on around here with the GOP candidates trying to out brown shirt each other.  I'm really damn tired of it too. 

4 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah being here in Iowa I've got a front row seat to all the dumb fuckery going on around here with the GOP candidates trying to out brown shirt each other.  I'm really damn tired of it too. 

The Marco Rubio commercials are really grating on my nerves. Well, all the Republican candidates are grating on my nerves. But, there's something about the Rubio commercials that really make me laugh... and then seethe. But, to be fair, both sides are getting to be really annoying. The Bernie Sanders campaign has called me multiple times today and are now starting to send text messages. This is AFTER I have told them multiple times I'm not caucusing because of my job as a news editor. However, I kind of want to tell them that if they call me one more time I am going to specifically caucus for Hillary just to be spiteful.

I hope they plant more because Fuckabee losing it over the Dugs is gold.  

Wahhhhhhh.  I wish she had asked him him when he found out about the abuse and if he reported it.

30 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

The Marco Rubio commercials are really grating on my nerves. Well, all the Republican candidates are grating on my nerves. But, there's something about the Rubio commercials that really make me laugh... and then seethe. But, to be fair, both sides are getting to be really annoying. The Bernie Sanders campaign has called me multiple times today and are now starting to send text messages. This is AFTER I have told them multiple times I'm not caucusing because of my job as a news editor. However, I kind of want to tell them that if they call me one more time I am going to specifically caucus for Hillary just to be spiteful.

If I can I keep posession of the remote and when one of those horseshit artists comes on I mash down on the mute button in order to keep from hearing from them.  It's either that or one of these days I'll have to get a new TV because the old one has some big ass cracks in it from getting hit by a chair.

Christ on a cracker, I will be happy when caucus season is over. But, then comes the many long months of commercials from the actual two candidates.

4 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Christ on a cracker, I will be happy when caucus season is over. But, then comes the many long months of commercials from the actual two candidates.

Plus don't forget all the House seats up for reelection this year...

7 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Plus don't forget all the House seats up for reelection this year...

Grrrrrrreat, and here I am, still not over the election of Joni "Bread bags" Ernst.

I've been asked a number of times over the years if I'll phone bank.  I always say no, but was assigned to phone bank on election day in our last governor's election 2 years ago.  I did as I was asked, but never, ever again!  I think that phone banking does more harm than good nowadays.  I'd much rather canvas than phone bank.  The people are usually nicer to your face.  There was that time in 2008, though, when somebody in our group was met at the door by a guy with a gun.  He threatened to shoot us.

@CreationMuseumSeasonPass, tell the Sanders campaign in no uncertain terms that they are not to harass you further and why.  You might also send a letter or an email, maybe both.

I believe that elections and campaigning are going to have to change: no more phone banking and maybe less door-to-door and smaller, more frequent community events.  Oh, and less clicktivism as well.  I am absolutely inundated with campaign emails.

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I've been asked a number of times over the years if I'll phone bank.  I always say no, but was assigned to phone bank on election day in our last governor's election 2 years ago.  I did as I was asked, but never, ever again!  I think that phone banking does more harm than good nowadays.  I'd much rather canvas than phone bank.  The people are usually nicer to your face.  There was that time in 2008, though, when somebody in our group was met at the door by a guy with a gun.  He threatened to shoot us.

@CreationMuseumSeasonPass, tell the Sanders campaign in no uncertain terms that they are not to harass you further and why.  You might also send a letter or an email, maybe both.

I believe that elections and campaigning are going to have to change: no more phone banking and maybe less door-to-door and smaller, more frequent community events.  Oh, and less clicktivism as well.  I am absolutely inundated with campaign emails.

I'll have to get more forceful. I remember when I answered the phone to a Sanders campaign worker with a Louisiana number. I told him that I am not caucusing in Iowa and the reason why. We were actually driving home from seeing in-laws in the Gulf states, which is why I answered, thinking it was something else. The guy on the phone (with a HEAVY southern accent) paused in conversation and said he saw that note was made next to my name, and did apologize. I actually told my dad this story tonight and flabbergasted, the first thing he said was, "Bernie Sanders has a campaign office in LOUISIANA???" Not the point I was trying to make, Dad, but a valid one, nonetheless. I'm just getting used to not answering all the calls with unknown numbers.

Archived