IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rolling my eyes so hard they may just stick this way.

Oh Amy, you are just so EDGY!

How will you do the dishes while it heals?

Don't want thot status now do ya hun?

PLEASE let it say "Leviticus 19:28, Pleaseeeee

If you have shorthair cat, try using a baby hairbrush. It works for my Eli.

4 hours ago, Catey said:

Rolling my eyes so hard they may just stick this way.

Oh Amy, you are just so EDGY!

How will you do the dishes while it heals?

Don't want thot status now do ya hun?

PLEASE let it say "Leviticus 19:28, Pleaseeeee

LOL This made me genuinely laugh a bit, thanks.

11 hours ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

Amy got a tattoo y'all! 

image.png

I'm sure neither of them will regret this in a few years. Nope.

My rule: unless your significant other is dead or you have been together for at least 10 years, no significant other tattoos.

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Tattoos, huh. 

It'll be one of three things - infinity symbol, Jesus fish, or their initials. 

You forgot wedding date

10 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Tattoos, huh. 

It'll be one of three things - infinity symbol, Jesus fish, or their initials. 

Or pickle with a crown.

On 1/21/2016 at 9:00 AM, bashfulpixie said:

This thread has been really informative about cats and declawing.  I'm more of a dog person, so I never knew it was amputation. That's so cruel.  How hard is it to clip the nails?  I've watched several friends do it often enough

I've clipped all my cats' nails for the past 20 years (and none of them were kittens when we first adopted them).

How? You get them used to it slowly, by handling their paws when they are relaxed. You graduate to petting and gently "playing" (NOT play fighting, but gentle movements that are soothing) with their paw pads and pushing them to show the claws. Eventually, they get used to that. Only approach them for it when they are in a relaxed mood, keep yourself calm (they can sense if you're getting stressed), and do it quickly. Sometimes you only get through one paw at a time, other times, you can get them all done.

You really have to establish boundaries of not using your hands to "play fight", understand your cats' moods and body language, and make sure he/she feels safe. 

If you can't do it yourself (no failure! some kitties just won't let you do it), a vet or groomer will do it for you for $10-20.

11 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I bet their tattoos are Roman numerals of their wedding date. After they break up, Amy will have a butterfly drawn over hers. 

it would be cooler to put a 'funeral' aka divorce date next to it and have a tombstone put around it in the case of a breakup.

Yeah... Despite having to give enough blood on a regular basis to make Dracula look like a teetotaler, I am still needle-phobic.

The idea of a rapid-firing needle ... It would have to be a damn important tattoo. 

Because my foster cat had super sharp nails and I didn't have a kitty nail clipper, I used to file his nails by just squeezing his paws so that his nails come out and I just filed the sharp tip off.

On January 24, 2016 at 9:05 PM, RosyDaisy said:

If you have shorthair cat, try using a baby hairbrush. It works for my Eli.

She is medium hair. And she won't accept a baby brush, or a soft felt mitt, or anything else. She doesn't have hair that tangles, the problem is hair balls and puke.

10 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Because my foster cat had super sharp nails and I didn't have a kitty nail clipper, I used to file his nails by just squeezing his paws so that his nails come out and I just filed the sharp tip off.

One of my cats lets me clip and file. The other (see above) doesn't let me touch her paws.  Filing would make her furious.

I can usually get most of one paw clipped if I catch her in the mid morning when she is feeling snoozy.  Then a few days later I may try for the other front paw.

And  I do occasionally take her to the pet grooming place, but although she is pretty good about getting into her carrier to go to the vet, I swear she knows when the destination is the groomer.

23 hours ago, sophrosyne said:

Or pickle with a crown.

Dear Amy,

This needs to happen. Get on it woman!

remember when amy pranked her mom and grandma and convinced them she got a tattoo and grandma did not keep sweet about it because jesus? and then amy said she'd never get one? well, i'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall when they found out that amy REALLY got a tattoo.

On January 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM, sophrosyne said:

Or pickle with a crown.

This made me laugh out loud! It reminds me of that episode of spongebob where there's some kind of jelly fish King? Maybe someone can help me out here, it's been a while since my kids watched that show. 

ETa- Google to the rescue 

image.jpeg

On January 23, 2016 at 3:41 PM, EmCatlyn said:

I wish it were that easy for me to get the cat to have a pedicure.  Just getting a cat in a carrier can be a one hour deal.

Yeah, I definitely lucked out when it comes to getting my kitty in the carrier. All it takes is a few treats sprinkled in there and in he goes! Come to think of it I really hope he never catches on...hmmm!

2 hours ago, boston2495 said:

Yeah, I definitely lucked out when it comes to getting my kitty in the carrier. All it takes is a few treats sprinkled in there and in he goes! Come to think of it I really hope he never catches on...hmmm!

I have three kitties who like the carrier, will get in it easy, all you have to do is put the cat carrier in front of them and nudge them towards it and they walk right in....and one that hates the kitty carrier more than the actual experience of being in the vet. She sticks out all four legs and hisses, and then runs away.

4 hours ago, boston2495 said:

The funny thing for me is that the kitty in question will get into the carrier willingly and playfully any time we are not going to the groomer.  I joke that she is psychic but I think the deal is that she knows if we have the other cat in a carrier, we are not going to the groomer (because the other cat, while he hates the carrier or leaving the house, has no problem with getting his nails clipped and his body brushed, so he isn't taken to the groomer).  Anyway, if she sees her carrier and the other cat is in his carrier, she will walk into her carrier with great elegance.  But if she sees only one carrier and figures it is meant for her, she disappears.  

(I sometimes wonder how cats can be so stupid about getting shut into closets but so clever about carriers.

My late Maine Coon used to hide sometimes on the mornings that he figured out that he was going to the vet for his glucose curve.  He apparently knew by the fact that I stayed up and got dressed rather than just going back to bed after his morning insulin.  He didn't however hate his carrier.  I found him sleeping in it once.  I still have a picture of him in the carrier under the Christmas tree.

If you cat is hacking up furballs then she does need regular brushing, even if her coat doesn't get matted. That will cut down on the furballs. Also you can give her plain petroleum jelly. That will make the furballs pass through the other end. This was recommended by my vet.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived