IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My foster kitty Hank used to knead into my legs and stretch out his claws in the process, and that was actually painful for me.  Even if I was wearing pants, it would still scratch me and draw blood.  I knew he wasn't trying to scratch me or anything out of malice.  What I ended up doing was just putting a blanket on my lap anytime he wanted to sit on my lap (which was often!) and that completely stopped the nails from scratching my skin.  I would have trimmed his nails, too, but he wasn't really with me long enough for me to get around to doing it.  Honestly, declawwing would have never been an option for me (because I knew it was quite bad for the kitties) but I can see how someone who didn't know how bad it was could be tempted.

11 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

A Thin Man movies fan! :56247955dd693_32(12):

TCM showed an evening of Thin Man films several weeks ago and Robert Osborne said, IIRC, that Asta nipped Myrna Loy once.  How could Asta have bitten the divine Miss Loy?  Asta's real name was Skippy and he was also in The Awful Truth where he is the object of a custody battle between Irene Dunne and Cary Grant.  He was Mr Smith (or Smitty )in that picture, George in Bringing Up Baby. and Mr Atlas in Topper Takes a Trip

Did you guys see this post by Amy's husband? He took it down sometime today. But the Instagram account FamyFriday posted it (the top part is from her husband...)

I'm guessing thot is a new word for slut? I was trying to figure out what word had been misspelled. 

I had to google THOT as well. Ha!

I find that social media part of his post to be a bit ironic considering his wife is Amy Duggar.

A real woman wakes up and makes you a nice breakfast, spends her day cleaning the house and preparing for your return, has a nice, hot dinner waiting for you... Supports your delusions of grandeur... WTF is wrong with this guy?  And who actually uses the word "thot" over the age of 17?  Oh right, someone who thinks that a real woman's purpose is to be a line cook and sounding board for your ideas. 

Thot. Apparently I am old. Regardless it's a stupid word. Or not a word. And it was a dumb post. And I got nothing. These two bore me.

Oh, declawing cats is definitely inhumane. It's mutilation. i have a feline headship who gets regular claw trims (like humans trim their nails). It's like a mani/pedi experience with paw massages, petting, and treats.

This thread has been really informative about cats and declawing.  I'm more of a dog person, so I never knew it was amputation. That's so cruel.  How hard is it to clip the nails?  I've watched several friends do it often enough

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So Dillon essentially wants a housekeeper he can bang.

Just like Uncle Boob, then. He wants to fit right in.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So Dillon essentially wants a housekeeper he can bang.

A Bang Maid!

It's always sunny in Philadelphia did it first. Even his misogyny is unoriginal. ..yawn.

Ok two points: declawing is mean but, if she's never had cats before and didn't google before opening her big mouth, I would assume she doesn't know the process and the cruelty because it seems like an "easy" solution. I didn't know until my vet explained how horrific it actually is. 

Two: Dill pickle is an idiot times infinity.

On 1/14/2016 at 3:15 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Declawing? OH HAIL NAW! That's animal cruelty! My feline headship will never get declawed. I just trim his claws. There are also claw caps (non toxic and digestible if swallowed).

My Eli prefers trimming followed by paw massages and some cat treats.

We went from a household where all cats got fixed and declawed - to an educated household. When I told my mother what declawing really is- it explained everything about why our senior cats bit people, didn't use the litter box and had arthritic limbs too young. 

Now we have five house cats, all with thier claws (but not junk) in tact, and with two cat tree/scratching posts, ask our belongings are fine. I will never allow another animal to be tortured for convenience. Thank god i started  demanding answers at nine....

23 hours ago, Charliemae said:

A Bang Maid!

It's always sunny in Philadelphia did it first. Even his misogyny is unoriginal. ..yawn.

Yes!!! The first thing I pictured too when I saw his infinitely ridiculous post was Frank and his bang maid. Amy has picked a real winner with this one. 

I think Amy picked someone who feed her belief that she has star material and should have her own reality show. I remember when Dillion wrote that post "apologizing" for the fact that TLC decided not to air their wedding. I knew he wanted his own fame then. Before the scandal, I bet the lovebirds imagined a TV wedding and then their own spin-off. I have yet to see a Duggar with self-respect or marry someone with self-respect. 

On January 21, 2016 at 7:28 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Oh, declawing cats is definitely inhumane. It's mutilation. i have a feline headship who gets regular claw trims (like humans trim their nails). It's like a mani/pedi experience with paw massages, petting, and treats.

I have one cat for whom the regular nail trims are no big deal. He likes his paws massaged and only objects slightly to the procedure.  

I have another cat (a rescue I got after she was a year old) for whom nail trims are an act of aggression and torture.  She also won't let me brush her.  She isn't feral-- loves to be cuddled and petted, and has no hesitation about jumping into her carrier to go to the vet.  But she has no tolerance for being groomed.

All cats are different.

On January 21, 2016 at 9:00 AM, bashfulpixie said:

This thread has been really informative about cats and declawing.  I'm more of a dog person, so I never knew it was amputation. That's so cruel.  How hard is it to clip the nails?  I've watched several friends do it often enough

It really depends on the cat! In theory, trimming the nails isn't hard at all - their nails are fairly similar to human nails in substance, and places like Petco sell cat nail trimmers for a few dollars. My friend's cat does just fine with a nail trim. My kitty, however, acts as though we're subjecting him to medieval torture devices. :my_rolleyes: Seriously, the only time I've ever heard him hiss and screech is during nail trims! He's otherwise very fun and cuddly, too. Thing is, if the nails aren't trimmed, he gets stuck in stuff (the rug, furniture, etc) and I'm afraid he'll hurt himself when he yanks his paws free. When they get really long and sharp he also sometimes inadvertently scratches himself too hard.  He's an indoor cat with a few scratching posts but still, indoor kitties' nails tend to grow long and sharp since they aren't really using them as much as most outdoor kitties do.

Luckily our vet is right down the street, and the vet techs will trim kitty nails for $15. It's a good deal, considering they know just how to do it so that it's super fast and relatively trauma-free for him. Sometimes he doesn't even know what hit him, they do it so fast! I def could not do that on my own with him and he and I would probably both end up injured if I tried! We go every two months. Takes about a half hour total out of the day and is totally worth it for both of us!

On January 23, 2016 at 5:53 PM, socalrules said:

I think Amy picked someone who feed her belief that she has star material and should have her own reality show. I remember when Dillion wrote that post "apologizing" for the fact that TLC decided not to air their wedding. I knew he wanted his own fame then. Before the scandal, I bet the lovebirds imagined a TV wedding and then their own spin-off. I have yet to see a Duggar with self-respect or marry someone with self-respect. 

They love the attention. They are happy to expect all the same perks of being a Duggar when they think good things are coming to them, and they denounce the Duggar name when they don't get what they want.

Recently I've started to think they are posting things they know they'll get flack for just because they enjoy defending themselves in the backlash. They wanted fame and now claim they are victims of fame. Can't have it both ways.

2 hours ago, boston2495 said:

It really depends on the cat! In theory, trimming the nails isn't hard at all - their nails are fairly similar to human nails in substance, and places like Petco sell cat nail trimmers for a few dollars. My friend's cat does just fine with a nail trim. My kitty, however, acts as though we're subjecting him to medieval torture devices. :my_rolleyes: Seriously, the only time I've ever heard him hiss and screech is during nail trims! He's otherwise very fun and cuddly, too. Thing is, if the nails aren't trimmed, he gets stuck in stuff (the rug, furniture, etc) and I'm afraid he'll hurt himself when he yanks his paws free. When they get really long and sharp he also sometimes inadvertently scratches himself too hard.  He's an indoor cat with a few scratching posts but still, indoor kitties' nails tend to grow long and sharp since they aren't really using them as much as most outdoor kitties do.

Luckily our vet is right down the street, and the vet techs will trim kitty nails for $15. It's a good deal, considering they know just how to do it so that it's super fast and relatively trauma-free for him. Sometimes he doesn't even know what hit him, they do it so fast! I def could not do that on my own with him and he and I would probably both end up injured if I tried! We go every two months. Takes about a half hour total out of the day and is totally worth it for both of us!

I wish it were that easy for me to get the cat to have a pedicure.  Just getting a cat in a carrier can be a one hour deal.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived