IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 3

Coconut Flan

I don't think Josh would just be welcome w/open arms into the bosom of his family on a holiday that is supposed to be joyous, since most or all of them are mad at him. You would be able to cut the tension w/a knife & be a real downer. Especially w/J&M in the room. I'm not convinced those 2 have had a chance to work this all out about Josh & there maybe many things yet left unsaid; Christmas morning not being the appropriate time. makes more sense if Anna & the kids went up there & prepared a special Christmas for the kids where they would have his undivided attention. Maybe they all went to the church service together & had dinner & put the kids to bed together. And maybe had some time to talk alone themselves & surprised the kids w/presents in the morning. Hopefully, they weren't making another little baby jesus in the meantime. Altho Smugs must be pretty horny by now.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plane is almost landing....oh I hope someone sees this message. :)

Plane has landed!  I don't have alerts set up, I just got lucky and went to check out if the plane had any action....oh well, maybe next time.

@Flyinthesoup  Thanks for the update.  

I wonder if @RockfordScanner is on the case?  Just checked his website and there's a lot going on in Rockford overnight/early this morning.  Nothing to do w/the Duggars, just domestic violence, auto accidents, etc.)  

I can hardly keep track any more of the various trips to Rockford; I think there were three (?) over the Xmas holidays and then the one in November (November 10th) when there was a Republican Debate in Milwaukee and the plane went there (Milw) and then showed up in Rockford shortly thereafter.

1 minute ago, notfundy said:

@Flyinthesoup  Thanks for the update.  

I wonder if @RockfordScanner is on the case?  Just checked his website and there's a lot going on in Rockford overnight/early this morning.  Nothing to do w/the Duggars, just domestic violence, auto accidents, etc.)  

I can hardly keep track any more of the various trips to Rockford; I think there were three (?) over the Xmas holidays and then the one in November (November 10th) when there was a Republican Debate in Milwaukee and the plane went there (Milw) and then showed up in Rockford shortly thereafter.

I went to the RockfordScanner site and left a message, but again, it was short notice. I tried sending a couple of messages to other members, but I don't know if it was successful or not.  I hope someone is able to go keep watch at the airport, if nothing else.  The last trip was only about an hour on the ground.  This is Sunday, so maybe they will wait until dark, so no one can see them.  

Heyyyy FJ. I got the email this morning when I was watching Alaska Vet. Oh the glee! This time I could make it on time as I had nothing to do this morning! So I hurried up and woke up headship (around 9 am) and showered and we went over to the airport. And hey, *he's* the one that said he enjoyed it last time!

So, we sat there for around a half hour while the plane was flying. Ended up going in the airport (which, shockingly I'd never been in before) and sort of milling about. We watched the plane land from our car (verified tail number but couldn't get a decent picture from my cell phone.. my phone is from the stone ages!) it taxied and went around to a building that wasn't the main terminal, and has restricted views (the same building they were at last time). We kept trying to get a view behind it, and ended up driving further from the airport. We were trying to circle around, but it was difficult to do. Plus neither of us are very familiar with the airport (we usually go out of O'hare)

This is when such an exciting time gets sort of lame. We were able to see the plane, and a white van next to it, but we couldnt make out who was there. We drove around and tried to locate a better area, but were unable to do so. We were also unable to see the car anymore. I promised the headship bbq if he got up, so we left for that at this point. (He is meat motivated!)

I'll admit, I'm sort of at a loss for the best method to do this next time. I'm a very shy person in real life, and don't like to break a lot of rules. If anyone has some tips to make the story less lame I would appreciate it, or if anyone has any idea how to best locate the plane once it has landed. I'm not sure if there is any resource that tells the gate they are parked at or anything along those lines. Rockford airport, while not huge like O'hare, has many outbuildings and many that do not have a clear view. The terminal was no help because you literally walk in and hit security almost right away without being able to see much outside. There is snow on the ground now too, so that makes it a little harder to see things from a distance.

I'm not sure if @RockfordScanner made it out there, I too sent him a message, but I'm not sure if he got it or got out there. I looked for him at the airport but did not see him. I will probably not be able to go back when they fly out (I also promised the headship he could watch football all day if we went to the airport for a bit), but we will see. Plus, I have to go back to work starting Monday, and with my standard working hours being from around 7 AM CST until around 4 pm CST, I'm afraid I wont be much help in the dark.

26 minutes ago, Lamoria said:

Heyyyy FJ. I got the email this morning when I was watching Alaska Vet. Oh the glee! This time I could make it on time as I had nothing to do this morning! So I hurried up and woke up headship (around 9 am) and showered and we went over to the airport. And hey, *he's* the one that said he enjoyed it last time!

So, we sat there for around a half hour while the plane was flying. Ended up going in the airport (which, shockingly I'd never been in before) and sort of milling about. We watched the plane land from our car (verified tail number but couldn't get a decent picture from my cell phone.. my phone is from the stone ages!) it taxied and went around to a building that wasn't the main terminal, and has restricted views (the same building they were at last time). We kept trying to get a view behind it, and ended up driving further from the airport. We were trying to circle around, but it was difficult to do. Plus neither of us are very familiar with the airport (we usually go out of O'hare)

This is when such an exciting time gets sort of lame. We were able to see the plane, and a white van next to it, but we couldnt make out who was there. We drove around and tried to locate a better area, but were unable to do so. We were also unable to see the car anymore. I promised the headship bbq if he got up, so we left for that at this point. (He is meat motivated!)

I'll admit, I'm sort of at a loss for the best method to do this next time. I'm a very shy person in real life, and don't like to break a lot of rules. If anyone has some tips to make the story less lame I would appreciate it, or if anyone has any idea how to best locate the plane once it has landed. I'm not sure if there is any resource that tells the gate they are parked at or anything along those lines. Rockford airport, while not huge like O'hare, has many outbuildings and many that do not have a clear view. The terminal was no help because you literally walk in and hit security almost right away without being able to see much outside. There is snow on the ground now too, so that makes it a little harder to see things from a distance.

I'm not sure if @RockfordScanner made it out there, I too sent him a message, but I'm not sure if he got it or got out there. I looked for him at the airport but did not see him. I will probably not be able to go back when they fly out (I also promised the headship he could watch football all day if we went to the airport for a bit), but we will see. Plus, I have to go back to work starting Monday, and with my standard working hours being from around 7 AM CST until around 4 pm CST, I'm afraid I wont be much help in the dark.

THank You. :pray:

Thank you for doing this.  I have itchy feet from a distance and I would love to do this errand!  Thank you too, to your headship,  what a great guy!  Enjoy the BBQ and games today.

@RockfordScanner which part of Falcon were you sitting at? We sat at the lot that read for Avionic's Place for a while. I am assuming you have a much better camera then me though, as if you were close to that area my camera couldn't catch anything due to the distance.

Also, the Emery building, it is when looking at the main terminal, the building to the left, correct? That is where I saw the plane at last time. They tuck it behind the building and as far as I could tell, there was no good spot to sit that was close in order to see it. Let me know if I am wrong or missing a spot. We have a small car and so dealing with the snow in some of those lots wasn't the easiest.

19 minutes ago, Lamoria said:

@RockfordScanner which part of Falcon were you sitting at? We sat at the lot that read for Avionic's Place for a while. I am assuming you have a much better camera then me though, as if you were close to that area my camera couldn't catch anything due to the distance.

Also, the Emery building, it is when looking at the main terminal, the building to the left, correct? That is where I saw the plane at last time. They tuck it behind the building and as far as I could tell, there was no good spot to sit that was close in order to see it. Let me know if I am wrong or missing a spot. We have a small car and so dealing with the snow in some of those lots wasn't the easiest.

Hi, 

Here is the spot I frequent ~ http://rickietraeger.com/rockford-airport-planespotting/   That is on my personal website. I made a page on there to help others with planespotting. Be sure to click the map. It is #1 on the map where I was sitting at. 

Actually your location there at the avionics place, is a good spot.  I do not go there often though, because its private property and I dont want to bother the business.   I was actually going to go there today, but decided not too. 

The Emery building is East of the main terminal (left of it)  
Yes, the Duggars been parking it on the south side of there the last few times. So the only real view of them, is across the airfield on Falcon rd.  

They filed a flight plan for 6:10 pm. I wasn't able to make it out there :(   

5 minutes ago, RockfordScanner said:

Hi, 

Here is the spot I frequent ~ http://rickietraeger.com/rockford-airport-planespotting/   That is on my personal website. I made a page on there to help others with planespotting. Be sure to click the map. It is #1 on the map where I was sitting at. 

Actually your location there at the avionics place, is a good spot.  I do not go there often though, because its private property and I dont want to bother the business.   I was actually going to go there today, but decided not too. 

Yes, the Duggars been parking it on the south side of there the last few times. So the only real view of them, is across the airfield on Falcon rd.  

Sorry you were unable to make it out there, too bad for us. :)

Is there anyone on the Springdale end of the flight? They are scheduled to arrive at 8:43, but that's not always correct, depending on variables.  If I were going to have a look, I would show up a good 30 minutes before touchdown, that way I could get a good look. ;)  

25 years ago I had my wedding reception at the Rockford airport. So is the thinking that Josh is staying at RU on east state street?  I saw that they also own the old nursing home that is next to Lino's

45 minutes ago, RockfordScanner said:

Hi, 

Excellent! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This helps me a lot if you don't happen to be there. I don't know how much time I will have since work starts back up tomorrow, but I will try to get out there as soon as I can. I felt the same way about the private property, and I didn't want to linger, but it was where I could spot it from the best. This should work out great though!

And I also wasn't able to make it out there, we were getting dinner at Chipotle :D

@ToriT Oh wow, I didnt know they did wedding receptions there, maybe not anymore? I'm getting married in Rockford in the fall, but we are doing it elsewhere. I *believe* the campus he is at is off Kilburn, on Safford Road. (This address, though I did not give the full one here, is public knowledge on google) The one on State St (if we are talking about the same one, the address I am referring to is near Capri restaurant) is too small to be a dorm, and if anything, its an office location in my opinion.

I didn't know they owned the nursing home next to Lino's, though I have not looked into that much. I was just at Linos for NYE too!

6 hours ago, Lamoria said:

We were able to see the plane, and a white van next to it, but we couldnt make out who was there.

That damn white van again!

Actually the white van you are referring to is Emery van's.   Not the same van that was transporting them. 
You can see it in the video I posted

Just now, RockfordScanner said:

Actually the white van you are referring to is Emery van's.   Not the same van that was transporting them. 
You can see it in the video I posted

Do we know who that van belongs to?  I figured after you first published that picture and the number, someone would have given us a clue as to who owns that van. ;) 

The white van today in the video belongs to Emery Air. 

The White van that transported them on Christmas Eve, was registered to 330 E State st.  Reformers Unanimous owns a place at 330 E State st   ;)  

6 minutes ago, RockfordScanner said:

The White van that transported them on Christmas Eve, was registered to 330 E State st.  Reformers Unanimous owns a place at 330 E State st   ;)  

Too funny, OK, that's what I read on your scanner page, thank you very much!  Fun!  I hope you get that selfie with Josh, that would be a fun prize. :D 

1 hour ago, Lamoria said:

@ToriT Oh wow, I didnt know they did wedding receptions there, maybe not anymore? I'm getting married in Rockford in the fall, but we are doing it elsewhere. I *believe* the campus he is at is off Kilburn, on Safford Road. (This address, though I did not give the full one here, is public knowledge on google) The one on State St (if we are talking about the same one, the address I am referring to is near Capri restaurant) is too small to be a dorm, and if anything, its an office location in my opinion.

LaMere's Banquet Hall closed 7-8 years ago when the airport expanded services.  It was a nice place for all the weirdness of it being inside the airport. 

1 hour ago, LaLele said:

LaMere's Banquet Hall closed 7-8 years ago when the airport expanded services.  It was a nice place for all the weirdness of it being inside the airport. 

Ahhh, ok! I'm not a Rockford native, I just moved here when I met my fiancee from the suburbs. It was a issue to find a venue in Rockford that would accommodate a larger wedding and was in budget, but we ended up finding a nice place. We ended up having to book in 2014 for our wedding in 2016, which was actually nice because I put it out of my mind until now, I guess, since it is 2016. 

I do hope to move back to the suburbs one day, but that is a whole different issue!

After months of no Springdale/Rockford flights except that odd Nov. flight we suddenly have 3 in eleven days? Very interesting. To summarize the Cirrus Springdale/Rockford transport service [w/ my fictional explanations following]:

8/24-25/15 - night of the weird flight info. culminating with 8 minutes on the ground in Rockford. [Joshly shoved out of the plane?]

11/10/15 - Cirrus flew to Milwauki (& JB seen there) but left from Rockford the next day 11/11/15. [JB checking on his eldest since he was in the neighborhood for the pres. debate?]

12/24/2015 - Springdale to Rockford arrived 8:15 pm, left 12/25/2015 @ 6:04 pm. [Anna & offspring off to see daddy, what did JD find to do in Rockford?]

12/29/2015 - Springdale to Rockford arrived 5:46 pm left @ 6:57 pm for Springdale. [Anna dropped off to start restoring her marriage?]

1/3/2016 - Springdale to Rockford arrived 10:50 am, scheduled to leave 6 pm. [Anna picked up for return to Springdale & maybe JB traveled w/ JD to do a little extra 'prayer session' w/ Joshly?]

Archived