• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
keen23

What are you Reading (Part 2)?

elf1590

Currently Reading: Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake, Book 3 in the Three Dark Crowns quartet

It's fabulous so far!

Depressed
Sky with diamonds

I finally finished The Little Shadows by Marina Endicott. The book kept me company through a very hectic and stressful summer. I cried when I finished it actually. 

Started this one today...Born To Rule: Five Reigning Consorts Granddaughters Of Queen Victoria by Julia P. Gelardi. It might take me a while to finish this one too. 

Kailash

I re-read The Secret Garden. My face hurt from all the smiling I was doing.  Now I want to read everything ever written by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:58 PM, MarblesMom said:

Breathlessly reading The Expats by Chris Pavone.  I cannot put this book down!  How will it end?!

Did you finish it yet? Did you love it? Inquiring minds need to know!

MarblesMom

@Kailashoverall, I loved it.  Very fast paced.  The timeline hopping back and forth was a little confusing.

I did not, however, like the ending.

:)

gameofunbeknowns
Posted (edited)

@onekidanddone One of the best shows of all time. Compounded by the fact that Baltimore is such an interesting city. 

I just came across this book at a local thrift a few weeks ago! Planning on starting soon. How’d you find it?

Edited by gameofunbeknowns

Sad
onekidanddone
10 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

@onekidanddone One of the best shows of all time. Compounded by the fact that Baltimore is such an interesting city. 

I just came across this book at a local thrift a few weeks ago! Planning on starting soon. How’d you find it?

@gameofunbeknowns  I loved it, but I’m biased for anything David Simon and Baltimore. 

Enraged
AliceInFundyland
On 8/16/2018 at 4:39 PM, onekidanddone said:

All the Pieces Matter: The Inside Story of The Wire

My library had this as ebook. I devoured it, having watched The Wire several times. They’ve gotten oral commentary from almost everyone involved. It’s fabulous.

MarblesMom
Posted (edited)

I'm halfway thru "Go Set A Watchman" by Harper Lee for book club.  I started this a while back, but didn't get into it.  Better the second time around, so far.

Edited by MarblesMom
typo

elf1590

Now I'm reading Ghosted by Rosie Walsh, very good so far!