IGNORED

If TLC did real pop up facts

Mothership

Wouldn't it be wonderful if TLC would truly return to its roots as THE LEARNING CHANNEL and share pop up FACTS during a Duggar show/special.

I'd love to see  "Jill is not a licensed midwife" pop up when she's visiting the clinic in Guatemala...or "The Dillards are currently residing in Antigua Guatemala (insert map)" when they speak about being in Central America... or

"Ben mows lawns for his father in law" pop up when Jessa asks him "how was work?"

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love that.  I'd also like a real time ticker of people's comments about the show.  Obviously with time delay to prevent anything illegal or obscene from making it on air. 

Or "Michelle Duggar won a mother of the year award in *insert year* but we're not sure why, as she doesn't do any actual parenting."

"The Duggars use X# of paper plates at each meal, thats eleventy paper plates each year in the Tontitown landfill;  we don't even want to do the math for disposable diapers"

When they do those pop ups about # of diapers that the family has gone through I want a break down: Jill: 9087, Jana 11078, Jinger 6540, etc.  Michelle would have a sizable amount from the early years and the time when she's the baby's buddy but I'm betting the older girls give a run for the money.

Jill later volunteered at a midwife clinic to give her experience for ‘the mission field’.

‘I hope to impart some skills and knowledge to people there,’ she grinned.

http://ttvv.info/

The program: 

"Jill volunteers at a local midwife clinic to give her experience for the mission field.

‘I hope to impart some skills and knowledge to people there".

The fact sheet: Jill hopes to educate  educated midwives with actual experience working at a midwife clinic.

Five minutes ago, she received minimal certification  that does not qualify her to work as a midwife in many settings because her training  does not meet the international standards of midwife education.

38 minutes ago, Mothership said:

"The Duggars use X# of paper plates at each meal, thats eleventy paper plates each year in the Tontitown landfill;  we don't even want to do the math for disposable diapers"

I thought they did a disposable diaper pop up in 17 or 18 KAC

I think they couched it as the number of diapers or diaper changes.  I was wanting to emphasize the impact on the area landfill.

Didn't Jill ask for or get expensive cloth diapers? How easy is it to get disposables in Guatamala? My son  and DIL used cloth. They're not like the old ones with pins. Also, they have a great resale value.

"Jessa is the only adult duggar to not earn a GED"

"Crown College is not accredited" 

etc etc etc

5 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

etc etc

Please, let TLC (the non learning channel) highlight that these people deprive their children of education and opportunity, and that they then trot out these idiot nonuniversities to somehow justify their intellectual abuse of their children.:angry-devil::angry-devil: Out of 19, I am pretty sure there are one or two, or even more, that could do well in a real college.

16 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Jessa doesn't have her GED? Making the fact that she was a Duggar tutor even more ironic...

Michelle stated that Jessa was "over" all of their home schooling records etc. I always found that to be very scary that she doesn't even have her GED and is over the education of the rest of her siblings. I fear for the little Spurge. He has a mother with such limited education and a dad who can't get himself out of the rain.

But, I find the Duggars have done such a horrendous disservice to all of their children with their home schooling attempts. I am in no way against home schooling. I am against the Duggars home schooling. I don't think Michelle was in any way an acceptable teacher and she just passed it off to the older kids as soon as she could.

5 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Michelle stated that Jessa was "over" all of their home schooling records etc. I always found that to be very scary that she doesn't even have her GED and is over the education of the rest of her siblings. I fear for the little Spurge. He has a mother with such limited education and a dad who can't get himself out of the rain.

But, I find the Duggars have done such a horrendous disservice to all of their children with their home schooling attempts. I am in no way against home schooling. I am against the Duggars home schooling. I don't think Michelle was in any way an acceptable teacher and she just passed it off to the older kids as soon as she could.

The GED isn't necessary for anyone graduating from homeschooling, which is something that is constantly pointed out on this site when people attack the Duggars for using GEDs instead of diplomas. 

I mean, I know a lot of homeschooled kids who've done as well as or better than me in college. But they were probably homeschooled using legitimate curriculum. And obviously could get decent scores on the SAT.

I mean, not being able to pass the GED? She should have by now. There are probably 13-14 year olds out there that could pass it ffs.

When Anna was talking about her "sweet" memories in their starter house.  

"Jim Bob's companies own the starter house, and Anna does not have any bank accounts in her name."

Years ago when the first situation...the reports were released which wasn't fair...

TLC pop up:  "See police reports released by a properly executed FOI request by In Touch Magazine"

Adoption from Guatemala... Adoption from Uganda.... blah blah blah

TLC Pop up:  "There are very specific rules for foreign adoptions.  Currently Guatemala does not allow international adoptions due to past abuses.  Human Trafficking by definition includes the illegal adoption of babies either foreign or domestic".

Right?  It would be so easy to make this show interesting and watchable BUT TLC would have to throw the Duggars under the bus.  They would have to highlight every lie, mistruth, and evasion.  They would have to highlight the woeful lack of education AND tell the truth on how the Duggars have managed to live upper middleclass lifestyles:  TLC money.

I would like to see some schedule breakdowns.  Let's see what everybody is doing with their day.  How many hours a day are the kids home schooling?  How many hours a day are the older girls cleaning/cooking/child rearing?  How many hours a day are they just sitting around talking to each other.  For example:

Jana.  9 hours a day running the home and taking care of young children.  2 hours a day reading the Bible. 2 hours a day grooming. 1 hour a day eating. 7 hours a day sleeping.  2 hours a day socializing. 1 hour a day sewing.

Michelle. 3 hours a day running the house and taking care of children. 1 hour a day reading the Bible. 1 hour a day on the treadmill. 5 hours a day on the phone setting up speaking engagements. 2 hours a day grooming. 1.5 hours a day eating. 9 hours a day sleeping. 1.5 hours a day taking care of Jim Bob.

5 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I mean, I know a lot of homeschooled kids who've done as well as or better than me in college. But they were probably homeschooled using legitimate curriculum. And obviously could get decent scores on the SAT.

I mean, not being able to pass the GED? She should have by now. There are probably 13-14 year olds out there that could pass it ffs.

To be fair, nobody said she failed it; she may have simply not taken it. An earlier poster mentioned that not all homeschoolers take the GED because they receive a homeschool diploma or some other symbol of completion. I'm not suggesting a Duggar Homeschool Diploma has any merit, but I also don't think it's fair to presume Jessa failed the GED.

8 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

etc etc etc

Do we know for a fact that all the other kidults have a GED?   I thought on an earlier thread there were questions that anyone other than the oldest boys, Jill and Jana had taken/passed the GED.

Archived