IGNORED

Capt Smith

JMO

So I've been exploring the S'Morton rabbit hole and have been stuck on the Captain.  Is he really a captain of anything and why does he insist on reminding us? Kressant's wedding for some reason fascinates me and I've watched it more than once. 

17 minutes ago, pook said:

Kressant? pronounced like the bread roll?  *dies*

It's pronounced like crescent, not croissant. Different bread roll. ;) 

Sidenote: I think she's due to have a baby, her seventh, any day now.

No one knows? I'll admit I'm intrigued.  I'm also still trying to figure out if all the guys at her wedding were dressed up in homemade prince charming outfits or faux Sound of Music Capt Von Trapp jackets to go along with their choice of an Austrian folk dance at the wedding ceremony. 

18 minutes ago, JMO said:

No one knows? I'll admit I'm intrigued.  I'm also still trying to figure out if all the guys at her wedding were dressed up in homemade prince charming outfits or faux Sound of Music Capt Von Trapp jackets to go along with their choice of an Austrian folk dance at the wedding ceremony. 

It was explained to me that they were captains in the Lord's Army.  And I thought they all looked like Good Humor Men.  :icecreamsandwich:

26 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It was explained to me that they were captains in the Lord's Army.  And I thought they all looked like Good Humor Men.  :icecreamsandwich:

Really? Not surprised but Wow. Where did you hear that?

Does that also explain why he calls himself Captain?? I love his love boat jacket from the videos? 

19 minutes ago, JMO said:

Really? Not surprised but Wow. Where did you hear that?

Does that also explain why he calls himself Captain?? I love his love boat jacket from the videos? 

IIRC, it was @lilith who explained it that way to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.  I came late to the S'Morton rabbit hole, but their wedding video is chock full of WTFery.

ETA: Oh man, I tried to google search for the thread and the first page that popped up was a blog post entitled "God cares about tools--because he cares about us."  :dance:

Anyway, here's the post where I ask about the Good Humor Man suits: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/20102-marth-looks-for-dresses/?page=3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2015 at 5:15 PM, halcionne said:

It's pronounced like crescent, not croissant. Different bread roll. ;) 

Sidenote: I think she's due to have a baby, her seventh, any day now.

Did Kressant have her baby?

5 minutes ago, Kira said:

Did Kressant have her baby?

Nobody's mentioned it on any of the IGs I follow, but I haven't gone out of my way to find out for sure.

On 12/27/2015 at 4:56 PM, JMO said:

Is he really a captain of anything and why does he insist on reminding us? 

Definitely not a captain of anything real - I heard him say it one time when asked. 

AHA HAHAHHAHAHA.  Watching this wedding video is somewhere between hysterical and soporific.  Saddest sounding trumpet ever!

I found the first part easily -- is the second available anywhere?

Archived