IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

Looking at their old house in Hinsdale, it's owned by Edward and Lucy Varin. Do the names ring a bell with anyone? Their house is 540 Bonnie Brae Rd. If the info from Intelius is correct, Edward is in his 50s and is a manager at Tradesignals.

The toilet papering happened in Sept. 2012 (that's when street view captured it) so Halloween had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was just due to their being generally annoying. Also, street view isn't necessarily exact. Remember: Address is approximate.

567f1617a6cd2_Screenshot2015-12-26at4.19.31PM.thumb.png.b7758fce0c5b93d31af9e1377d178222.png

That's not the home they live in, or at least as of late. I believe it's either 6 or 7 Chalet Drive

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$75k for 4 acres and at least a shell of a house sounds pretty damned attractive, but of course it's in east Texas where property values are pretty affordable. The investment in actually making the house livable will be a significant chunk of change as well though—I hope they don't have the kids in there for quite some time yet, it looks like it could be a death trap for little ones.

7 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

What the actual fuck happened to that house, and why would anyone buy something like that when there are other houses that actually have a floor. I hope there is nothing harmful there from the potential meth lab that was once there, or whatever the hell else could cause a house to be that awful.

Money. That house was likely all the could afford and still be debt free. Their idiotic ideas about fiscal responsibility trumped common sense. 

This house in Big Sandy, TX just needs to be finished out.

I don't speak Texan. Is "finished out" another way of saying "bulldozed"?

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I doubt they'll have any shortage of help fixing and setting up the house.  Duggars, Wallers, other ATI families, ALERT cadets, good deals from whichever local places provide labor/supplies for the IBLP campus, etc.

Won't surprise me if they're in by late spring.

Maybe they can enlist some manly Maxwell men to help with construction. Hope the Wallers like beige.

23 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

I've never seen pods made out of plywood and wrapped in tarp... The moving pods here are all metal boxes with doors. Is the plywood normal, or is that some sort of weird Gothard economy moving?

When we moved 9yr ago, the pods we used were plywood wrapped in weatherproofing tarps.

15 hours ago, Seven Severn said:

The toilet papering happened in Sept. 2012 (that's when street view captured it) so Halloween had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was just due to their being generally annoying. Also, street view isn't necessarily exact. Remember: Address is approximate.

I noticed the street view date was before Halloween.  
I double-checked some photos from their blog (most recent being June of this year I believe) and the papered house is THE house in their blog photos.

As long as Pecan and/or his friends and family have the skill set to fix the house, I don't see a thing wrong with this purchase (except maybe bringing kids to the site and making that death slide.)  It's a lot of land, they can renovate using materials they actually like (vs having to struggle with the decision to spend money pulling up and replacing ugly/old/unattractive, but in good shape, flooring, cabinets, etc.), and they start a likely nest egg.   

And, like responsible adults, they rented an apartment to live in while the reno takes place. 

I can see myself doing something similar in a job transfer situation. 

Bad, bad weather in their area today with a significant risk of tornadoes and flash flooding. They aren't really accustomed to what might be hitting them so I hope they're aware and prepared.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Isn't that a fairly small house for all the children they'll probably have?

So it appears as though Priscilla was born in 1986, making her 29.  She had Davia when Paul was two.  So I'd say, if they keep it up, she and The Fabulous David Waller are looking at a family of between 5 and 7 children.  I could see them making a house that size work--the classic all the girls in one room and all the boys in the other.  Although it'd be tight, it'd be nothing worse than the Shupes or Rodriguesi make work.

BTW, an Admin needs to add Davia to the Waller Family tree.  :dance:

http://fruitofthewomb.freejinger.org/individual.php?pid=I53&ged=fotw2

When I was a kid, my family owned a lumber yard and I've seen a fair few homes being constructed.  I've never seen a house with no basement that isn't built on a slab before.   It looks like the house has a bit of a crawlspace or something.

It really doesn't look to be high enough off the ground for an adult to get under there though, based on the Hellmouth bedroom picture.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that the ground in the hellmouth looks obviously dig out on the one side.

I can't imagine what would cause that kind of damage and why the ground would not be relatively level in te pit.

13 minutes ago, Furious said:

When I was a kid, my family owned a lumber yard and I've seen a fair few homes being constructed.  I've never seen a house with no basement that isn't built on a slab before.   It looks like the house has a bit of a crawlspace or something.

It really doesn't look to be high enough off the ground for an adult to get under there though, based on the Hellmouth bedroom picture.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that the ground in the hellmouth looks obviously dig out on the one side.

I can't imagine what would cause that kind of damage and why the ground would not be relatively level in te pit.

I noticed the unevenness in the ground under the hellmouth, too. Did somebody hide a body down there??? That house really gives me the willies. Winchester Mystery Hobbit Hole.

15 minutes ago, Furious said:

In my area houses don't normally have basements, and only a few are on slabs.  Most construction here is on a perimeter foundation with a crawl space underneath.

In theory the crawl space should be big enough for an adult to crawl through, although I had a house once where part of the crawlspace was too shallow to access but the rest was ok.

Totally agree with you about the trench-looking area in the hole -- very odd.

Pecan and Pris' house is about 40 miles east from where my granddad lived in Quitman. And man, there was nothing going on in Quitman unless you liked fishing. Back in the day (I'm talking the 1990s here), the local cable station didn't have channels that we took for granted--like MTV, because it was too risque. I remember my sister and I would drive over (this was when we were adults in our 30s) to the 24 hour Walmart in Mineola for "entertainment." Now I'm sure the Internet and DishTV has brought the world to what we called "Deepest East Texas."

I'm sure Priscilla will be perfectly happy there. Pecan, I'm not so sure.

21 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I don't speak Texan. Is "finished out" another way of saying "bulldozed"?

You can say that again. At the price they paid for the land, would it not be more cost effective to just start over again? Reminds me a little of that movie "The Money Pit".

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

I noticed the unevenness in the ground under the hellmouth, too. Did somebody hide a body down there??? That house really gives me the willies. Winchester Mystery Hobbit Hole.

I'm going with the Hobbits' Crack Den, myself, just because I like the mental image of a cracked out Frodo.

4 minutes ago, SledCat said:

You can say that again. At the price they paid for the land, would it not be more cost effective to just start over again? Reminds me a little of that movie "The Money Pit".

Also reminds me of the movie "Moving" with Richard Pryor.  Pryor's family goes to see a house for sale, makes an offer, sellers quip "we're taking the pool and the doorframes with us", Papa Pryor laughs at the funny joke, but when they return after escrow has closed, hmm, where are the doorframes and what is that big hole in the yard where the pool used to be?  :my_tongue:

I wonder why TFDW bought the house himself, rather than ATI snatching up property and letting the minions live there.  They were in ATI housing before, and with that much acreage they could build enough dorm style housing for most of their royalty to ride out the apocalypse.  Makes me wonder if David is thinking that the organization is circling the drain.  He'll keep his job now, but just in case... 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder why TFDW bought the house himself, rather than ATI snatching up property and letting the minions live there.  They were in ATI housing before, and with that much acreage they could build enough dorm style housing for most of their royalty to ride out the apocalypse.  Makes me wonder if David is thinking that the organization is circling the drain.  He'll keep his job now, but just in case... 

But if David thinks the organization is circling the drain why would he bother investing in a house? It's not like Big Sandy is an economic hotbed where he can run out and get another job with a salary that can support a growing mega-family. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to simply rent and then move on when things are over?

Just now, Bethella said:

But if David thinks the organization is circling the drain why would he bother investing in a house? It's not like Big Sandy is an economic hotbed where he can run out and get another job with a salary that can support a growing mega-family. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to simply rent and then move on when things are over?

I dont think there's much there to rent.  The organization has a few years left, in that time he can fix the house up and then have something to sell. 

From this picture, and knowing what we know about their beliefs about not preventing, I suspect that Priscilla is pregnant. I think she's due for an announcement by now. anyway  She had Davia last November I believe. She doesn't seem as fertile as Sierra does but she could end up with a good amount of 7-10 kids by 40 if she keeps it up since she's 29 now.

preg.jpg

I'm voting no to her being pregnant - only because she's ice skating. I'd be terrified to be on the ice when pregnant, you're massively increasing your chance of taking a fall!!

Not pregnant, but will be within the next six months, that's my vote.

:flamingo:

15 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

In my area houses don't normally have basements, and only a few are on slabs.  Most construction here is on a perimeter foundation with a crawl space underneath.

In theory the crawl space should be big enough for an adult to crawl through, although I had a house once where part of the crawlspace was too shallow to access but the rest was ok.

Totally agree with you about the trench-looking area in the hole -- very odd.

@church_of_dogI was wondering about that hole and about the foundation too.  I didn't think basements would be typical but was wondering why not a slab.    

While I like the "hobbit door" that house really got trashed.  I think it could be pretty nice once it's fixed up but it's going to take a lot of money and work.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived