IGNORED

European Refugee Crisis Redux

SpoonfulOSugar

There was something on the news yesterday. They found one company that pays 4000 Users online to write positive comments under critical articles concerning Russia. Like when the military planes flew over Belgium and Russia said that they just took the wrong way... But many Russian-Germans are very visible in demonstrations (the word is too nice) against refugees. Surprisingly (or not) a huge amount of them also is very active in demos against LGBT rights (concerning education, teaching the children more about different sexualities, more diverse school books,...). 

It seems to be a complicated story, much to complicated for me to understand, because I'm not that much into the whole Russia problems/politics. It is hard to understand. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not exactly on point, but I wasn't sure I wanted to resurrect one of the other threads.  I have no idea if these stats are true or not, but I thought it was interesting.

11220831_1191888854155424_14403894995616

Plenty of us aren't American.  

And I don't think that the average citizens in potential host countries are afraid of getting killed by ISIS as much as they are leery of welcoming thousands of people to their country who do not believe that a woman can do whatever the hell she wants without her male relatives approving of it first.

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Plenty of us aren't American.  

And I don't think that the average citizens in potential host countries are afraid of getting killed by ISIS as much as they are leery of welcoming thousands of people to their country who do not believe that a woman can do whatever the hell she wants without her male relatives approving of it first.

I agree. This is really the main problem, that the people who now come to Western Europe come from countries where the mainstream values, laws and opinions are vastly different. Women are basically the property of men, homosexuality is illegal, freedom of speech and religion are inexistent and so on.

Now, I say mainstream because of course there are those in those countries who think that women are equal to men and that being gay is ok, just as some people who live in Western Europe think that women are second class citizens and gays should be put into prison. But those are usually the exceptions, not the majority.

I don't mind foreigners, but I do mind those who think that they can import their sexist and homophobic values and rules into our Western society. This is a huge problem which, thanks to misguided "political correctness", doesn't get discussed openly.

Archived