IGNORED

Michael Pearl wants God to strike down his critics

Lillybee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by my dog's reaction to coming across my ex-sil's mother in the dark one Halloween, I think this must be the case.

Also, I do love how fundies think of God as some kind of errant boy who has nothing better to do than do their dirty work for them. It's all God, bring me my prince charming and God, get me some money now and God, tell me how to cope as a mother of eleventy and God, there's these people I don't like, go smite them for me will you.

When we all know that God, if she exists, much prefers to watch the latest Star Wars whilst drinking a cool beer, and occasionally fiddling with the laws of quantum physics just to give us something to work on.

3 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

Judging by my dog's reaction to coming across my ex-sil's mother in the dark one Halloween, I think this must be the case.

My sister used to have three dogs (one was the GS I'd mentioned in an earlier post in this thread). The other two were mutts, & they were big babies (one of the girls was a coonhound/shep? mix, & the other was a shep/? mix). One time, the dogs were in my sister's car (as they were about to go someplace), & my sister's ex-mil approached the car. She was an evil old hag & we didn't trust her as far as we could've thrown her; needless to say, the coonhound mix (who was extremely gentle & a goofball) acted like she was going to tear the ex-mil's face off.

Always trust an animal's instincts; if they don't like a person, then that's a person to avoid.

Agree that dogs can sense bad people.

When I was a teenager, my parents had a super-friendly and cute Golden Retriever. Just adorable, and never attacked or growled. We took her sailing with us. So, I was out at an island with my family, staying overnight there. Being a national park area, there were park rangers and some rules. Usually, we got along great with the rangers and never had a problem.

Until one summer day. We usually tied the dog to one of the mooring cleats with a spare rope, and the cleats were metal set in concrete- that dog wasn't going anywhere. She would just sit quietly on the dock for much of the day. But, that day, this ranger came down and starts shouting at my mom because "the rule is dogs need to be on a less than 3 foot leash, do you want me to come back with a measuring tape?" Dog growls at the ranger, who then mutters about vicious animals and goes to get his measuring tape.

When he came back, the dog allegedly "lunged" at him. I don't blame her. She never did anything aggressive before or since, and she lived to be 12.

We had a gentle as a lamb Great Dane when I was younger. She despised our church youth minister. It was the strangest thing we had ever seen as she was Marmaduke embodied, except when that man came around. She would get between him and any female and growl and bear her teeth at him. But she was MOST prone to separating him from his wife and stopping him from touching her.

Several years later the wife tried to leave him and he nearly killed her, got arrested for threatening her with a gun after beating her black and blue. He had been beating her behind close doors for years and she had hidden it.

I have trusted dogs sense of people ever since then.

My dog is almost 13 and slowing down but when he was younger he would rush over, dance around and make a friendly fuss with anyone he met.  Unfortunately he is a newf/leonberger/big mutt and anyone under 5'3" and 140 lbs would end up quite intimidated.  BUT, two of my neighbors have children with disabilities and for some reason, for those 2, he would sniff, stop in his tracks, and sit.  After a bit he might roll over for a tummy rub, but he would sit still for ear pulls and body hugs.  Not for anyone else, though.  My point being that DOGS KNOW.  

Having said that, I hope the Pearls get every bit that's coming to them.  I will personally volunteer to kick Michael and Debi's asses, singly or together.

Well, something must have gone down in the last couple of months. In October, Debi Pearl posted this quote: Life is too short to worry about what others say or think about you. Have fun and give them something to talk about.

Quite a departure from December's Omen/Damien Thorn style prose, eh? :my_confused:

Found some Gabriel Anast on YUKU: 

Not only do have no way to pay for the server, in this work that I’m doing, I have no way to pay for my family’s own meals. And I must... I must before God be an elder before God in this work. And one of the qualifications for a believer, for a man, is to provide for his own family. And if a man does not provide for his own family, Paul says plainly that he is worse than an unbeliever. In other words, you need to cut him off more completely than you would separate yourself from an unbeliever. And I’ve got to do that..

I’ve got to go to work and that means that these things, this fruit of me, that many have eaten of freely for years [will no longer be provided by me]... never have I charged, and I won’t.

Cognitive dissonance much?  Perhaps he was confused when he thought god was telling him to quit working, because the bible is incredibly clear on the support your family deal; it isn't hidden wisdom.  

30 minutes ago, Howl said:

Found some Gabriel Anast on YUKU: 

[snipped quote]

Cognitive dissonance much?  Perhaps he was confused when he thought god was telling him to quit working, because the bible is incredibly clear on the support your family deal; it isn't hidden wisdom.  

Re: bolded. Clear to those who aren't self-deluded assholes like Gabriel Anast or his "in-laws," Mike & Debi Pearl.

I asked my GSD/hound mix if he wanted to eat a Pearl for Christmas?  He was totally not interested, although, he was drinking out of the toilet at the time.  Carlos generally doesn't turn down food.  He is a rescue that ate his own poop for the first couple of months.  Micheal Pearl vs a steaming pile of shit...shit wins!

Archived