IGNORED

TLC Show suggestion - Kids by the Dozen -where are they now?

quiversR4hunting

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Lydia is pregnant, presumably out of wedlock? <ssnip>

Lydia is pregnant and I haven't seen mention of a godly headship!

<snip>

Yes out of wedlock from what I can tell on her Facebook. She does she is in a relationship and his fb is private but says he is in a relationship with Lydia 

Cynthia Jeub also came out as bisexual.  For other fundies, the Jeub's are probably now an example of 'see, you educate the kids and look what happens.'  

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Cynthia Jeub also came out as bisexual.  For other fundies, the Jeub's are probably now an example of 'see, you educate the kids and look what happens.'  

Such an intelligent and brave young lady. 

Omigosh, things are getting worse and worse for Chris. On top of that, I have no idea how he supports that family. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I have no idea how he supports that family. 

Such a mystery. Wendy doesn't work and Chris's big thing is being a debate coach. *shrug* I can't stand Chris. He thinks quite highly of himself. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 8:16 AM, JMO said:

I always remember the Winters! Her oldest was Destiny but at some point she switched to orthodox Jewish names like Tsippora. I think she said she had been obsessed with Fiddler on the Roof. 

The Winter family live (or lived because she moved) fairly close to a friend of mine.  The Winters are rather weird hippy-types who obviously deeply regret having missed the 1960s.  They apparently aren't that unusual in Maine though. :my_biggrin:

I don't think they are particularly religious - just odd, crunchy, and back to nature.  IIRC, the two eldest children, Andre and Destiny, were from her former marriage, and at least one of the younger children was adopted.  Mom was running a daycare, Dad is a musician and built barns (sort of), and the shop was owned and run by Destiny.  I hope she and Andre have left the fold by now.  I should check with my friend to see whether she knows because she liked Destiny.

There is less overcrowding in the Winter family's geodesic dome anyway these days.  Mom and Dad have moved into a teepee!  Attention hounds or just really strange?   http://bangordailynews.com/slideshow/sub-zero-temperatures-dont-stop-orono-couple-from-sleeping-in-teepee/

I don't know whether the TWOP archives are accessible these days, but several of the Winter family visited there (including Jim and Andre) and were quite vocal about how they felt TLC faked and misrepresented things.  Then Destiny and Andre's father turned up on TWOP full of rage at his former wife.  A whole lot of posts were deleted over that.  I remember him being quite frightening but not the details.

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Such a mystery. Wendy doesn't work and Chris's big thing is being a debate coach. *shrug* I can't stand Chris. He thinks quite highly of himself. 

I can't stand him either!  I didn't like him from start. 

Archived