IGNORED

Netflix's 'Making of a Murderer'

meep

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree that SA is severely creepy, and so is the whole family.  If any of them were my neighbors, I would go out of my way to avoid them, build a big fence, move away.
I'm on the fence about his guilt or innocence;  I do believe Brandon is innocent though.

I disagree with what others have said, that the series is slanted towards SA's innocence.  I believe the whole point of it is to show what huge flaws there are in the LE and justice system.  Investigation 101 says to look for evidence, document it properly, follow up on every lead, and never assume anything until you've gathered everything you can.  Every one of those standards were a huge fail.

SA may have murdered Teresa, I don't know.  But plenty of others could have also. The brother-in-law (Brandon's stepfather) and the young guy (Brandon's brother, I think?) who supposedly passed each other on the road on the way to going hunting (why not go together if they both had the same plans for the weekend?) were each other's only alibis, and if the motive attributed to SA is "he saw an opportunity to commit rape and murder, so he took it" well, both of those guys had the same motive and opportunity, and neither of them were solid citizens, either.  Why were they never investigated?

Not to mention the Pervy Prosecutor's Premature Press conference, the Derp Lawyer, all kinds of planted evidence - basically incompetence all around. 

@PraiseDog I'm watching episode 5 and I can't agree more. He looks as a bad man, maybe he's guilty, but the investigation is terribly manipulated and nobody should go to prison based in unfair  evidences.

I'm shocked all the police interrogations are recorded and they still did  such a manipulation with Brendan testimony. That boy should had been interrogued by a psychiatrist, he's not mentally well. I have the feeling he's hiding something. If he's just inventing, he must have really heavy mental problems.

On 8/27/2016 at 6:42 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I'm shocked all the police interrogations are recorded and they still did  such a manipulation with Brendan testimony. That boy should had been interrogued by a psychiatrist, he's not mentally well. I have the feeling he's hiding something. If he's just inventing, he must have really heavy mental problems.

I don't think he has mental illness, just learning disabilities/slow learner/lack of support for his disabilities from his family.  I do think he was inventing shit from a violent book he read, that his family never bothered to monitor what he was reading.

1 hour ago, PraiseDog said:

I don't think he has mental illness, just learning disabilities/slow learner/lack of support for his disabilities from his family.  I do think he was inventing shit from a violent book he read, that his family never bothered to monitor what he was reading.

I think his mother i

9 hours ago, PraiseDog said:

I think Brendan's mother has denied her son's disabilities since he was a little boy and instead of checking him with doctors and looking for therapies, she preferred to say he was just "a bit slow". She talks to him as if he was normal and rational as an average person. Maybe it's her own lack of education, her pride or that she hadn't money, but the truth is that Brendan wasn't properly protected as a child.

I'm on the episode of Brendan trial but it's too sad for me. So many lies. So many manipulation. It's so obvious that it hurts. Brendan's brother and stepfather are caught lying and nothing happens? Dassey family is very dark. 

I really hope Brendan has a good support system once he gets out in the real world. I cringe when I think he might be going back to the same situation. >.<

• 3 weeks later...

Archived