IGNORED

FamTeam Update

JenniferJuniper

6 minutes ago, thebestusername said:

It depends on what kind of laying on of hands...

And weren't they all in a circle? Wait; now that I think about it...   :brainbleach:

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Translation: two guys expressed concern that their lives were going nowhere and the rest of the family had to perform some mind control tactics on them to make sure they stayed inline and at home. 

Interesting that it was a meeting with the 10 eldest - that's all the adults "kids" but Wizzy. I'm sure a lot of the guys are getting scared watching their elder brothers languish at home year after year, just getting older and nothing happening to them. 

Exactly my thoughts too.  I can imagine that at least some of them are wondering when oh when will Princess Charming show up.  Except that now the older ones are over 30 with one pushing towards 40 and and she still hasn't shown up so maybe they should actually do something about it.   Mommy and Daddy swoop in with the "safe at home" mind control tactics to ensure they stay in their place, feeding Mommy and Daddy's need to be in control and in charge and oh, btw, they are the main support for the family too. 

If there's serious depression going on with some of them, I would not be surprised. 

Please let it a be that a couple of the guys want to move out on their own. Marriage doesn't need to be involved, it would be more intriguing if the guys just wanted their space. The "things are moving quickly" line makes me think it's either a marriage or, even more exciting, a job opportunity far enough away that one of the guys might be considering moving. Wouldn't that be something? The Arndts are amongst the most transfixing weirdos that I follow. Maybe it's their interesting accents and way of speaking or their general nerdiness, but there's something about the Arndt man children that I kind of have a soft spot for.

8 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Please let it a be that a couple of the guys want to move out on their own. Marriage doesn't need to be involved, it would be more intriguing if the guys just wanted their space. The "things are moving quickly" line makes me think it's either a marriage or, even more exciting, a job opportunity far enough away that one of the guys might be considering moving. Wouldn't that be something? The Arndts are amongst the most transfixing weirdos that I follow. Maybe it's their interesting accents and way of speaking or their general nerdiness, but there's something about the Arndt man children that I kind of have a soft spot for.

Agree that marriage doesn't have to be involved at all and hoping that finally a few of them want their space too.   But considering that the manboys have been raised with the idea of eventually getting married by their parents (never mind all that same parents have done to prevent it) I can't help but think that the lack of a wife or even a girlfriend has been become an issue for some of them.

I think an Arndt kidult would have THE awkwardest of wedding nights. And the hardest transition to marriage.  I can't imagine going from sleeping in bunk beds for 30+ years and being fully enmeshed with my parents/siblings to living with only one person, a woman I haven't known my entire life, and sharing a regular bed with.  It would be so overwhelming and disorienting.   Not to mention probably comparatively lonely.   Those poor guys.  

16 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think an Arndt kidult would have THE awkwardest of wedding nights. And the hardest transition to marriage.  I can't imagine going from sleeping in bunk beds for 30+ years and being fully enmeshed with my parents/siblings to living with only one person, a woman I haven't known my entire life, and sharing a regular bed with.  It would be so overwhelming and disorienting.   Not to mention probably comparatively lonely.   Those poor guys.  

Not sure it would be lonely for long -- aren't the Arndt parents among those who foresee their children's homes built on the acreage surrounding the existing house?  At least, I seem to recall that as part of Their Plan. 

Remember when a FJite observed MamaA and Wizzy and a boy or two shopping at Walmart? The report was that MamaA was pretty bossy and humorless. I'm imagining the mood at the Circle O' Prayer being a lot less serene and contemplative than they're writing it up to be!

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Not sure it would be lonely for long -- aren't the Arndt parents among those who foresee their children's homes built on the acreage surrounding the existing house?  At least, I seem to recall that as part of Their Plan. 

Remember when a FJite observed MamaA and Wizzy and a boy or two shopping at Walmart? The report was that MamaA was pretty bossy and humorless. I'm imagining the mood at the Circle O' Prayer being a lot less serene and contemplative than they're writing it up to be!

I remember that post if only because it possibly belied the nice and friendly image the family often portrays.   And I found it plausible from the standpoint that a family that is this big into sheltering adults, keeping them "safe at home" has to view the outside world as threatening and treat those "outsiders" as such.  As in not friendly.

But I do think that Mama A really does wear the pants, er, shorts in that family.   I am not sure that things are all that great in that household.  With that many adults damped down, the tension level has to be in the stratosphere.

I can't remember- do the guys all share one big room? Or are they spilt up? This family never ceases to fascinate me. I can't believe some of these guys are almost 40 and this is their life. Being told what to do by mom and dad. It's quite sad. 

So another year passes and, though there are some rumblings, still no one has escaped. It's creepy that the blog is mostly just Pa Arndt now posting links about his political views and pictures of the manboys doing chores. It's like everybody is on lockdown or something. I mean, more than usual.

But wait, there's more.  From today's diary:

We are tentatively planning to take a filming trip to western New York state in February.  (Of course, we have to hold such plans lightly, as we only want to do the things that God has called us to do!)

We continue to sense that fresh breakthroughs are awaiting us within the coming weeks and months.  So many themes within our family’s story seem to be reaching a crescendo, a climax.  We are likely to see many changes in 2016, 2017, and 2018 — assuming, of course, that Jesus does not make a return before that time.

I hope to make a lot of progress on Vine Valley this week.

This crescendo, climax stuff coupled with the End Times talk is a little worrying.

Well, I haven't read the Bible in a while, but I'm pretty sure that any of the Arndts marrying is a sure sign of the end times. 

Since the Vine Valley remark is deliberately separate, at the end, I'm inclined to think that this mysterious "climax" (familygasm?) has nothing to do with Rick's vanity project. That genuinely surprises me. Maybe the family news has been on lockdown because somehow, courtin' is in full swing after all? His suggestion that there are several years of related events that will be unfolding is strongly suggestive of one or more impending marriages. 

If that is indeed true, it's both amusing and painfully sad that Rick considers the End of Days to be a welcome alternative to his children leaving the home for lives of their own. 

12 hours ago, mstee said:

I can't remember- do the guys all share one big room? Or are they spilt up? This family never ceases to fascinate me. I can't believe some of these guys are almost 40 and this is their life. Being told what to do by mom and dad. It's quite sad. 

They are fairly split up and Wizzy has her own room, so it's not a cord-wood situation.  

My guesses on what goes on behind closed (bedroom) doors regarding the boys not leaving:

1.  Heavy guilt-trips upon where Cathy is presented as the perfect woman and mother, thus it would be a betrayal and insult to leave her.  You can see this vibe in many of the youtube videos to an almost creepy extent.

2. Those that work are income stream to the homestead which can't be cheap to maintain.

3. Rick possibly has some sort of underlying mental disorder (while still highly functional) which is also used as a guilt weapon.  I'm not diagnosing, he could be completely sane, but there are many signs including the almost unhealthy obsession with Vine Valley.  After reading through the early days of his diaries, there's always been something "off" with him.

I can't see any of the Arndt boys getting married, EVER, so I doubt those changes have anything to do with marriage, unfortunately. Those boys need some hanky panky in their lives:pb_lol:

So-- all that laying on of hands and they still haven't reached a crescendo or climax?

I think they are doing it wrong.  :my_shy:

How old where Rick and Cathy* when they started dating and then got married? And why don't the boys think "hmm, mom and dad where on their own at ____ age, I should be too."

The brainwashing of these kids is crazy strong and very sad.

*this could go for numerous fundy families with adult kids living at home - Maxwells, Duggars, 7sisters, etc, etc

3 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

They are fairly split up and Wizzy has her own room, so it's not a cord-wood situation.  

My guesses on what goes on behind closed (bedroom) doors regarding the boys not leaving:

1.  Heavy guilt-trips upon where Cathy is presented as the perfect woman and mother, thus it would be a betrayal and insult to leave her.  You can see this vibe in many of the youtube videos to an almost creepy extent.

2. Those that work are income stream to the homestead which can't be cheap to maintain.

3. Rick possibly has some sort of underlying mental disorder (while still highly functional) which is also used as a guilt weapon.  I'm not diagnosing, he could be completely sane, but there are many signs including the almost unhealthy obsession with Vine Valley.  After reading through the early days of his diaries, there's always been something "off" with him.

Re: the bolded, I suspect that no. 1 is the main reason why none of the manboys have not married or even dated.   Granted no. 2 is a factor, the working manboys bringing in the income while their functional but whackadoodle dad (no. 3) continues on his eternal project.  That large house and property can't be cheap to maintain, however, if a manboy really, really wanted to exit that house in order to marry or live independently so he could do things like dating without his parents being involved in his personal business, in a different family dynamic, he would just do it.  I think there's been a lot of mindfuckery done that specifically keeps the manboys at home, scared of women and there's just no one else like Mom.  And perhaps a mix of fear that displeasing Mom and Dad is a Very, Very Bad Thing TM  to be avoided at all costs even if the cost is sacrificing their own happiness and goals in favor of the life their parents want for them.   Which is to be around supporting the parents financially with their own work/wages and feed into their parents' need to be needed, in charge and in control that has moved far into unhealthy territory.

Things have been "moving quickly" and "changing" in Dad's Diary for years. I would be extremely surprised if it actually meant anything.

It's so weird, a lot of the boys are at weddings every weekend photographing. It isn't like they are super socially isolated like the Maxwells. Last year they had a 100 person party at their house. They know lots of people and see their normal lives. Why aren't any of them branching off? 

It has to be guilt tripping/brain washing from the parents, a really, really strong form. 

Also I know this has been pointed out but moving out at the same time as you marry is a horrible idea. That is like the two most stressful things that can happen in someone's life being done at the same time.

I've said it before, but I believe that if the youngest son (David) reaches 20 without any of the older ones marrying, then none of them ever will (with maybe the exception of Wizzy). David turns 13 next month, so that gives them just 7 more years. 

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

How old where Rick and Cathy* when they started dating and then got married? And why don't the boys think "hmm, mom and dad where on their own at ____ age, I should be too."

The brainwashing of these kids is crazy strong and very sad.

*this could go for numerous fundy families with adult kids living at home - Maxwells, Duggars, 7sisters, etc, etc

I don't have their exact wedding date, but I do know that Cathy was 19 when she first conceived the eldest, Paul. Rick was 23. So, likely they were 19 and 23 when they got married, which 8 over their children are over the age of 23, and in less than a month they will have 11 over the age of 19 (Wizzy is 19 on Jan 5). 

So, yeah, you would think they'd wonder about that. But ignoring what their parents did is not that unusual with fundies. We saw that when the Duggar girls commented that they new it was unusually not have dated or have sex in their early 20s before marriage, but it's what their parents did. Except their parents were 17 and 19 at the time, and most definitely horny teenagers who couldn't wait to have sex. 

There's just a lot of doublethink going on, I believe. 

God seems to be moving at a swifter-than-usual pace as of late, and is asking each of us to toss aside any burdens that are interfering with His perfect plan for each life.

Granted, I don't know what "specific needs" were requested by the two guys, but I get the distinct feeling from Rick's vagueness about this matter, and the odd oversharing of the details regarding the living room setting, that the cracks in the Arndt facade are really starting to show.

My personal Arndt fantasy is to see the four oldest go away for their next summer vacation together and NEVER.COME.BACK.  I'd also like them to stop by a certain house in Leavenworth, KS to pick up five adult children who are similarly trapped and take them along for the ride!

Rick, Cathy - I don't know what was discussed at your come-to-Jesus meeting, but I hope the Lord has *finally* laid it on your hearts that your kids are no longer safe at home but entombed at home.  

On December 21, 2015 at 8:30 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Love ya, kid, but I will just wait anxiously for the recap. Cathy with her cape and breadbasket makes me stabby ;)

I used to write recaps for a now defunct site, if Vine Valley ever gets made I'll come out of retirement.

44 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I used to write recaps for a now defunct site, if Vine Valley ever gets made I'll come out of retirement.

You'll probably be able to get away with a lot of copying and pasting.

"Joseph Green, unabashed liberal, atheist professor at a small college in New England has left for a sabbatical. No one came to the going-away party he threw for himself until someone yelled "There's free cake in the library!"  

Clueless fellow that he is, he forgets to bring his mittens and while hiking in the deep woods of Maine, he loses his way in the snow, falls down repeatedly, sprains his ankle and gets frost bitten fingers.  He makes his way to an abandoned cabin.

He tries to leave in the morning but falls down in the deep snow.

He tries to leave in the afternoon but falls down in the deep snow.

The stream is trickling over gray rocks. 

He tries to leave in the evening, but falls down in the deep snow.

He sleeps.  

Birds chirp.  The stream is trickling over gray rocks.  He tries to leave but falls down in the snow......"

What's fascinating about the Arndts is that they are not sheltered like the Duggars or Maxwells. The "boys" travel alone and seem to go on road trips without their parents. They have jobs out in the real world. Yet, despite all that, they are happy to stay in mommy and daddy's cocoon. No dating, hanging out with non-relatives or living a life separate from their parents. Just hanging with the Penguins. 

34 minutes ago, socalrules said:

What's fascinating about the Arndts is that they are not sheltered like the Duggars or Maxwells. The "boys" travel alone and seem to go on road trips without their parents. They have jobs out in the real world.  

Kidnapped heiress Patty Hearst was eventually trusted enough by her captors to help them rob a bank. 

Stockholm Syndrome is a very real thing. 

Archived