IGNORED

Michelle Duggar Pregnancy Advice

homeschoolmomma1

A friend of mine was looking at YouTube for the new special and texted me about some funny "old" pregnancy advice Michelle gave when pregnant with #18 Jordyn-Grace. We had a good laugh and thought... People listen to Michelle? I guess after 1`9 kids she might know what she is talking about. Have fun on memory lane

Enjoy. Would love your thoughts

In these older videos, she hadn't completely developed the baby voice yet, she did her own food preparation, and she interacted with the kids. It's almost like she was a regular woman.

3 hours ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

A friend of mine was looking at YouTube for the new special and texted me about some funny "old" pregnancy advice Michelle gave when pregnant with #18 Jordyn-Grace. We had a good laugh and thought... People listen to Michelle? I guess after 1`9 kids she might know what she is talking about. Have fun on memory lane

Jennifer's knees are showing! Where are the modesty leggings!?! :dramallama-nanner:

2 hours ago, molecule said:

In these older videos, she hadn't completely developed the baby voice yet, she did her own food preparation, and she interacted with the kids. It's almost like she was a regular woman.

It is really striking how the baby voice seems to have gotten more babyish between these videos and now.  She also seems more "there."  

Today's Michelle not only looks older but as several have noted before, she seems wholly out of touch with her emotions.  I think that she is either on some mood-altering  medication or she should be. 

Michelle seems to be dealing with a difficult time in her life by disassociating from her feelings.  The difference from her earlier self is striking.

These videos make me feel sad.  Michelle then and Michelle now aren't the same people.  This makes fundamentalism look like a slow poison.

6 hours ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

The discipline outtakes are priceless...:dance:

oh my god i saw the weight gain video with the veggie burger or whatever a million years ago way before i got into fj and i've always wondered where it came from! now i know

edit: i didn't watch it again. it's probably pretty crappy and toxic. also, I always thought it was weird that she was okay with eating veggie burgers. I remember coming across a really persistent fundie on the internet years ago that insisted that soy products (especially soy in formula) absolutely WOULD make your kids gay. :my_biggrin:

Well, now we know why they're constantly on the verge of contracting scurvy - pregnant Michelle finds the smell of cooking broccoli abhorrent, and she's been serially pregnant for the better part of twenty-five years.

On 12/21/2015 at 6:47 PM, EmCatlyn said:

It is really striking how the baby voice seems to have gotten more babyish between these videos and now.  She also seems more "there."  

Today's Michelle not only looks older but as several have noted before, she seems wholly out of touch with her emotions.  I think that she is either on some mood-altering  medication or she should be. 

Michelle seems to be dealing with a difficult time in her life by disassociating from her feelings.  The difference from her earlier self is striking.

I think the whole disassociation started after she lost J'20 (I can't remember the name) even with more kids than you can cram in a clown car loosing a baby at what 20ish weeks is devastating. Add to that knowing it was your fault because you and your idiot husband thought they knew better.  Then she was never able to get pregnant after that, so after what 25 years of being pregnant or nursing, she realizes she has nothing left to offer the world, in her mind, as a result she's shut down to cope.  

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think the whole disassociation started after she lost J'20 (I can't remember the name) even with more kids than you can cram in a clown car loosing a baby at what 20ish weeks is devastating. Add to that knowing it was your fault because you and your idiot husband thought they knew better.  Then she was never able to get pregnant after that, so after what 25 years of being pregnant or nursing, she realizes she has nothing left to offer the world, in her mind, as a result she's shut down to cope.  

Jubilee Shalom? I think I have missed something. How did she know it was her fault? I wasn't a regular watcher by that point and missed a lot of that portion of their lives. I just remember her saying Jill had heard the heartbeat at some point and all the family sitting in the living room waiting on her to tell them how her doctor's appointment went.

6 hours ago, ArmchairTurnip said:

Well, now we know why they're constantly on the verge of contracting scurvy - pregnant Michelle finds the smell of cooking broccoli abhorrent, and she's been serially pregnant for the better part of twenty-five years.

:my_biggrin:

There are other vegetables and fruit out there.

44 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Jubilee Shalom? I think I have missed something. How did she know it was her fault? I wasn't a regular watcher by that point and missed a lot of that portion of their lives. I just remember her saying Jill had heard the heartbeat at some point and all the family sitting in the living room waiting on her to tell them how her doctor's appointment went.

Yes, that is her name. IMO it was her fault for getting pregnant again, when she had been told over and over to stop. They still kept trying AFTER that baby died.  They weren't "allowing God to choose the number of kids they had" they were/are constantly actively trying to conceive. I know 2 families that were allowing God to choose, 1 stopped when the wife/mom got deathly ill when she was 9/10 weeks pregnant and it came down to terminate the pregnancy or they both died. They had 5 kids already, and actually choose to terminate, no judgement, I know that it was an impossible choice for them, but it came down to her husband who said, he didn't want to be left with 5 kids (all under the age of 9) to raise, if there was no chance for the baby to survive. She had her tubes tied at that point. The other couple after their 3rd were like Um yeah, 3 is a lot, and they were just done.  

18 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yes, that is her name. IMO it was her fault for getting pregnant again, when she had been told over and over to stop. They still kept trying AFTER that baby died.  They weren't "allowing God to choose the number of kids they had" they were/are constantly actively trying to conceive. I know 2 families that were allowing God to choose, 1 stopped when the wife/mom got deathly ill when she was 9/10 weeks pregnant and it came down to terminate the pregnancy or they both died. They had 5 kids already, and actually choose to terminate, no judgement, I know that it was an impossible choice for them, but it came down to her husband who said, he didn't want to be left with 5 kids (all under the age of 9) to raise, if there was no chance for the baby to survive. She had her tubes tied at that point. The other couple after their 3rd were like Um yeah, 3 is a lot, and they were just done.  

Got it. I have thought that also. I know she was told several children ago to "stop" and just went to another doctor. I always found that to be very careless with both her health and any babies that followed. I really thought (stupid stupid me) the scare with both Michelle's health and the tremendous problems with Josie they would stop but I was mistaken. I, personally do not get it as they are not allowing God to choose their family size. Going to an infertility doctor at her age proves that. My daughter is a labor and delivery nurse and has always said that one day her uterus is just going to fall out. Hopefully the cameras won't be rolling when this occurs. God's will does not mean breaking world records.

Archived