IGNORED

Christmas presents for pets

ILoveJellybeans

On December 25, 2015 at 6:20 PM, clueliss said:

The Queen does not get holiday gifts from me because buying her things typically does not suit her fussy plaything requirements.  She'd much rather have tabs from the milk jug and little bits of cellophane that crackle.  (she likes things that move easily, sometimes fly and can be picked up and carted about in her mouth).  

Does she like ping pong balls?  I'm buying them regularly, and a few months ago I figured out where they keep going:. Through the hole in the sump pump cover.

the pets in our immediate family "exchange" presents, even the birds.  PetSmart sells stuffed toys every year for charities, and I always get two.  Last year, I had them in the shopping bag hanging on a doorknob, and my dog found it and stole one.  He proceeded to remove the little scarf (he hates these scarves and always rips them off) and a limb, and unstuff the whole animal.  Luckily, he does not eat the stuffing.  A few days later, I went to wrap the other one for my sister's dog, and my dear Kingsford saw me, walked across the wrapping paper, calmly picked up the toy, carried it to his bed, and ripped off the scarf.  He was so happy that I just couldn't take it away.  I bought two more and left them in my car until  Christmas Eve.

image.jpeg

ping pong balls can't be carried in the mouth like dead prey.  I did dig into my stash of toys not handed out and gave her a soft toy mouse.  She was greedy and wanted the other one on the same card so she got two and has been playing with them since.  Probably because she figured I said she isn't into toys and wants to show me who is really boss.  

My mum's cat LOVES corks. And I love helping her fill his stocking (it's a tough job, but if drinking pro secco will give the cat a merry christmas, then who am I to argue!) siblings mail them with their Christmas boxes - they weigh nothing and they actually work as packing material.  He loves the sparkling wine ones because they are that "mushroom" shape so they roll around in an unpredictable fashion and he can pick them up and carry them, and drop them in shoes. 

Archived