IGNORED

Geoff Botkin's EOY Letter: Semper Bullshit

hoipolloi

Yes, it's that time of year again and if you're a lucky soul who signed up, you, too, will receive Geoff's annual cornucopia of bullshit. 

This time, Geoff starts out by extolling John Quincy Adams' life & career as examples of engaging one's "mind, heart, soul, and body" in the task of building a free nation. Uh, Geoff -- do you think that maybe John Quincy Adams succeeded because he was a Unitarian as opposed to the Christianist, pseudo-Calvinist bullshit you espouse?

In other news, there are three more grandchildren (total of 7), Victoria enjoys being with grandchildren, the Botkin sons continue to be brilliant entrepreneurs and businessmen, and Anna Sophia & Elizabeth still aren't married.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, gustava said:

AS & E can't find a man as good as Daddy.

Disgusting but true in their world. :brainbleach:

In the real world, the drunk guy eating Fruity Pebbles straight from the box at 7-11 who hit on me last night is a better man than Geoff Botkin. 

52 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Link? Please, oh pretty please???

Sent a PM w/ the letter.

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So what brilliant things are the Botkin sons up to? Have any become a duck biologist?

They have no doubt discovered new ways to use the term "sodomite/s".   Maybe in a Botkin approved children's book?

4 hours ago, gustava said:

AS & E can't find a man as good as Daddy.

Or Daddy can't find them men who are as good as he thinks he is. Plus, who'd take off his shoes for him?

Looking at the pictures, I'm struck by the plethora of offspring. Ben & Audrey have 3, David & Nadia have 3, and Isaac managed to relax  long enough to sire 1. Seven grandkids in what, 4 years? Let us hope that all of them will be "Homeschool Dropouts"

Also, the way Anna and Elizabeth are clinging to their younger brothers in the family group photo is unsettling.

image.jpeg

Ben and Audri were the first to marry in 2010 so not that impressive when you consider their whole "200 Year Plan" and SAHD movement that is supposed to produce early marriage and loads of children.  The Botkins (imho) are failures much like the Maxwells in the sense they have 3 adult children that are unmarried and with no prospects.  The youngest is under 18 right?

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So what brilliant things are the Botkin sons up to? Have any become a duck biologist?

No duck biology but they are, allegedly, fine, upstanding, and productive young citizens:

Lucas continues to develop as a marketer and employer.  The business he started with David and David Noor, T-Rex Arms (a tactical equipment firm), is growing and providing work for men in our community. 

Then there was the trip to Russia although, this time, they were winning hearts, souls & minds:

The ever-capable Noah traveled with Victoria and me to England, and then joined us on his first trip to Russia to speak to homeschooling families....Victoria had so much to tell [the Russians] about the freedom to think, and how studying can enlarge that freedom.  More than anything else, the Russians begged us to help them learn to think like free people.  And they are making progress.  Little by little they are getting their home cultures on track; fathers and mothers working side by side, learning to believe God to protect them as they take a gigantic step of faith. 

Guess Geoff decided that being a soul-winner was better than being an architectural queen.

10 hours ago, Mary C Doates said:

Or Daddy can't find them men who are as good as he thinks he is. Plus, who'd take off his shoes for him?

What?  This man can't take his own shoes off and makes his daughters do it?  

I remember my siblings and I would do that for our father, but we'd want to do it and it was only when we were quite small.  We'd take so long untying and loosening his laces, then struggling to get those large smelly work boots off, Dad surely thought it easier to do it himself.  No way did he ever come home and demand we kids do it.

Even when he broke his back, he'd ask nicely if his slipper fell off and needed to be put back on his foot.

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

What?  This man can't take his own shoes off and makes his daughters do it?  

I remember my siblings and I would do that for our father, but we'd want to do it and it was only when we were quite small.  We'd take so long untying and loosening his laces, then struggling to get those large smelly work boots off, Dad surely thought it easier to do it himself.  No way did he ever come home and demand we kids do it.

Even when he broke his back, he'd ask nicely if his slipper fell off and needed to be put back on his foot.

I believe it's supposed to be practice for caring for a husband. I believe they also cut his hair. 

6 minutes ago, Columbia said:

All the married couples up front, all the singles relegated to the back. 

Now that the older brothers have kinda-pretty wives and unquestionably cute babies, they are more valuable, PR-wise, than their aging, still-single sisters. Must feel sort of weird to them, after all the years of being ignored by the fundie masses at conferences while A-S and E were fawned over like celebrities. 

26 minutes ago, Columbia said:

All the married couples up front, all the singles relegated to the back. 

And no mention of Anna-Sofia's 30th birthday this year - that would be bad for business...

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

And no mention of Anna-Sofia's 30th birthday this year - that would be bad for business...

Maybe the Botkinettes & the Ah-the-Lifers should form a new business ministry making money off reaching other superannuated SAHDs -- the SSAHDs -- like themselves.

So, their entire schtick is "get married and have lots of babies" and yet they have daughters in their late twenties/early thirties who are unmarried?  Hell, I'm a hedonistic harlot and even I've managed to get married and have kids.  So, why exactly should I be buying what the Botkins are selling?  Obviously, its not working.

5 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Oooh, I didn't even think of that. Nothing about it on their website, either (not that they post there anymore, but still.) I thought it might be a good follow-up to her "25 and still single!" post.

ETA: And I can't even find A-S's 25th birthday post anymore.

I heard about this letter last night from my mother, but she didn't mention anything about the sisters, besides them helping make gun holsters.  Did they get more than two words in the letter?

I didn't actually learn much about what was in the letter cos we got sidetracked by figuring out the joke behind T-rex Arms, and then the conversation turned to the names of the new babies so I brought up Spurgeon :P

I notice in the family photo on the sisters' About page, they're doing the 'hide behind younger brothers' thing.

28 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Oooh, I didn't even think of that. Nothing about it on their website, either (not that they post there anymore, but still.) I thought it might be a good follow-up to her "25 and still single!" post.

ETA: And I can't even find A-S's 25th birthday post anymore.

It's as if she Daddy doesn't want people to realise she's her ovaries are running out of time to become the mother of millions.

Also I never noticed before that the Botkin Ranch in NZ was called Seven Arrows.  Of course it was :P

Is Geoff a lot younger than his wife?  Or has he just aged better?

Archived