IGNORED

What if Josh writes the tell all?

JMO

2 minutes ago, blessalessi said:

He has zero credibility.  He is a lying hypocrite. Even his ridiculous family have lost patience with him.

Yeah this is exactly my thoughts. If I were in his place I would just quietly reject fundie-life and then go on the best I can.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to imagine I would never read it: Josh is a child molester and a cheater. To be honest, when it comes to the Duggars, by now, I just wait for the recap. Their crap is too boring and the recaps are usually hilarious.

I don't think Josh would be able to explain the molestations at all. That's not something that anyone in his family has been able to explain in a non-horrifying way, and I doubt he even has the perspective or clarity of thought to explain his own behavior for either the molestations or the affair/s. I doubt his brain goes much farther than 'because I wanted to' and even if he wanted to understand himself in that way he doesn't have the tools to do so.

I would be interested in what he had to say about the rest of his family and his parents' child rearing techniques especially, but none of that would absolve him of the responsibility for his own actions. There are contributing factors I'm sure, but he's still the guilty party who chose to victimize others.

3 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Please. Josh was educated by Michelle, he is not able to write a decent book. It would be like Moody family and 50 Shades of Gray crossover.

My mind just went :boom: imagining that cross over! Thanks for the smile!

I think if he got deep REAL therapy, counseling, speaking with victims of sexual abuse, he might have some concept.  Was it really just some over the clothes fondling? Which is bad enough, but did he he go further than just his hands? I don't trust anything they say about it being just  a couple of over the clothes gropes. There is the report on him going up the 5 year old's dress/pj's and touching her vagina under her panties. But was their anything else did he have actual intercourse, did he make the girls touch him?  

I also wonder how much the 5 year old remembers?  I have a friend who was molested by her Uncle at 3 to 5 and she doesn't recall much.  She remembers feeling afraid of him, she says she can kind of remember what he looked like naked and that "it" hurt.  Her parents suspected something was up and took her to the doctor, he confirmed sexual abuse and had her tested for STD's and she had chlamydia, her dad's brother had mentioned a few weeks earlier that he had it.  So the cops were able to nail him. He confessed to everything, was locked up for a while, then went to a psych facility for a while.  He is out now but she has no contact with him.

She's 39 now, she went to see a counselor for a while, and her parents were very supportive and always told her SHE was a wonderful person and that her Uncle was sick and it was all him, and that they should have tried harder to keep her safe. She said most of what she knows her mom and dad told her. She doesn't really remember what they did and didn't do, just vague memories. I know the girls didn't gt any help like this and that they were told it was THEIR fault, even at 5.  I hope that the 5 year old doesn't remember much because we all know her parents are assholes and she deserves better. 

I do think that if Josh or his sisters (or hell, the whole fucking family) got some deep, meaningful counseling they could probably deal with a lot of their problems and Josh in particular might be able to dig out the root causes of his behavior. Since Josh tended to prey on people when they were sleeping before he progressed to victims who were awake but very young, I think it's possible he could have done other things without the victims necessarily knowing about it. They claim they didn't know about the sleep touching so his admissions might have been self-censored. It's impossible to know and speculation seems kind of futile.

But anyway, in regard to therapy, I just don't envision a future in which that happens. They are so against anything but Jesus cures, I think if any of the members actually got real help they would probably keep it completely private, in part because it seems likely that the constant media exposure has exacerbated existing problems in the members of this family. No need to let that same public eye interfere with mental health recovery. Unfortunately, I have the feeling this family is going to self destruct in full public view and it'll be really tragic for a lot of the more vulnerable members.

1 hour ago, sockinshoe said:

I like to imagine I would never read it: Josh is a child molester and a cheater. 

I think most people who know anything about him would feel the same way you do.

Why would anyone want to read a book writing by a piece of crap who has been lying his ass off for years?

Anything written by Josh or said by Josh holds zero credibility in my opinion. Not interested in buying and probably wouldn't read it.

I really want Jenni and Jordyn to break free and write an honest tell-all, though. That I would buy and read.

I'm sure he'll write a book but it's going to be about Jesus and redemption and his new life mission of counseling wayward husbands.

Honestly, I wouldn't read it. I really don't care what he has to say. I've never been particularly interested in him, and now I can't imagine supporting him in any way.

I know this is a pipe-dream but I would like to see a true crime writer team up with Josh and have him agree to have an unbiased book about the family. No editing by Josh. Sort of like the murderer who is so smug that he teams up with a writer and allows the writer to come to his/her own conclusion....I think he could retire on that kind of money after the movie rights are sold.  The more honest the book, the more money he would earn. (Josh if you are reading here, I will write this book with you!)

I do see Josh writing a book. It's a book with him and Anna on the cover (possibly the kids too) all smiles with some cheesy title like To Hell and Back: our story of redemption. It would be about their marriage, how it's stronger than ever, and how the Lord used violent sex with strangers to draw Josh and Anna's hearts closer to Him. 

2 hours ago, redsmomma29 said:

I know this is a pipe-dream but I would like to see a true crime writer team up with Josh and have him agree to have an unbiased book about the family. No editing by Josh. Sort of like the murderer who is so smug that he teams up with a writer and allows the writer to come to his/her own conclusion....I think he could retire on that kind of money after the movie rights are sold.  The more honest the book, the more money he would earn. (Josh if you are reading here, I will write this book with you!)

Or If James Ellroy wrote it... :-)

Josh can't throw JB and Michelle under the bus without throwing himself under too. His parents sacrificed their victimized daughters to make sure his reputation as a "godly young man" remained intact. If JB and Michelle had done the right thing and had him removed from the home permanently and possibly sent to juvenile court, he never would have gotten all the perks he got over the years: the car lot, the FRC gig, selfies with politicians, all the money to blow on Ashley Madison accounts and strip clubs, etc. Rather, he'd just be another creepy guy living in the middle of nowhere with no job prospects. If Josh does leave the family, he'll do it quietly and without informing the media. If Josh wanted to talk to the media, he would have done it during Joshgate 1.0, but he knew there was no way he could justify molesting a five year old - or anyone, for that matter - on national  TV. The only hope we have for a tell all will be one of the lost girls or the howlers.

The only way I could see Josh writing a tell-all is if he got a huge advance for it...big enough to make up for being cut off from his family. If he were to write one? I'd buy the hell out of it. 

I guess if things get really tense with the family he might think he's got nothing to lose and go for it... at least have a ghost writer go for it.
I'd be interested in reading what he has to say... but I would take a tell-all more seriously if it wasn't written by someone in a disgrace. Josh would have a vested interest in portraying himself in a nice light and explaining away the molestation and all the other crappy stunts he's pulled.

I agree with the other posters that Josh will never "write" a tell-all because it is impossible to spin child molestation. The only child molester I know who can still get fame and fortune is Roman Polanski and that is only because Hollywood will put up with anything if you can make Oscar winning movies. Josh doesn't have that. Plus, how would he do a book tour without having to face a real interviewer that will ask hard questions? What publish will take the risk?  Who is going to going to stand in line to get a book signed by Josh? How do you spin the molestation of five children, four of them your sisters? Rapist Polanski at least had the my wife and child were tragically murdered "excuse". 

As it is, the Duggars are really at the low end of relevance and I can't see the book selling that well. I think we sometimes mistake their level of popularity because we at FJ are so facinated by them. The most attention they have had is because of the child molestation and even that has waned. I doubt that any of the younger children will write a tell-all as by the time they are adults the Duggars will be a distant memory. 

Writing a tell-all completely burns every bridge you have with your family, which is a bad idea when you will likely need their help because you are uneducated and unemployable like Josh. I don't think the younger kids will do it because I truly believe they love their family and don't want to be banned from them. Plus, I will again say I find tell-alls tacky and is nothing more than selling your soul for money. Plus, why do it when a Duggar isn't going to make millions off of it? 

I might read it out of curiosity but I would take what he wrote with a very huge grain of salt.   He's shown himself to be a liar.  His family has shown themselves to be liars, which has me thinking the apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree, never mind that they are all pissed at him at, ironically, for being a liar.

It might burn his bridges but I am of the opinion that Josh will probably find himself with nothing to lose.   He's clearly persona non grata with his family, the specials made that evident.  I can't see him coming home, attempt (whether half assed or genuine) to make himself the godly son, husband and father they will expect him to be and sit there being shamed left and right for the rest of his life.  

14 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I think most people who know anything about him would feel the same way you do.

Why would anyone want to read a book writing by a piece of crap who has been lying his ass off for years?

People read books by shitty people all the time.  He could also use a pseudonym to spill the beans about IBLP and FRG.

36 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I agree with the other posters that Josh will never "write" a tell-all because it is impossible to spin child molestation. The only child molester I know who can still get fame and fortune is Roman Polanski and that is only because Hollywood will put up with anything if you can make Oscar winning movies. Josh doesn't have that. Plus, how would he do a book tour without having to face a real interviewer that will ask hard questions? What publish will take the risk?  Who is going to going to stand in line to get a book signed by Josh? How do you spin the molestation of five children, four of them your sisters? Rapist Polanski at least had the my wife and child were tragically murdered "excuse". 

As it is, the Duggars are really at the low end of relevance and I can't see the book selling that well. I think we sometimes mistake their level of popularity because we at FJ are so facinated by them. The most attention they have had is because of the child molestation and even that has waned. I doubt that any of the younger children will write a tell-all as by the time they are adults the Duggars will be a distant memory. 

Writing a tell-all completely burns every bridge you have with your family, which is a bad idea when you will likely need their help because you are uneducated and unemployable like Josh. I don't think the younger kids will do it because I truly believe they love their family and don't want to be banned from them. Plus, I will again say I find tell-alls tacky and is nothing more than selling your soul for money. Plus, why do it when a Duggar isn't going to make millions off of it? 

Oh god, Roman Polanski and Woody Allen. :ew::ew::ew::ew::ew:

"Since Josh tended to prey on people when they were sleeping before he progressed to victims who were awake but very young, I think it's possible he could have done other things without the victims necessarily knowing about it. They claim they didn't know about the sleep touching so his admissions might have been self-censored. It's impossible to know and speculation seems kind of futile."

I don't know about other ppl, but if anyone touches me while I was asleep I'm immediately UP. Those girls would have to have been sleeping like rocks & I totally do not believe that story. I think Jill woke up & went screaming to her parents who prob. showed him "the rod" & told him never to do it again but we all know now that he did. Of all those girls sleeping in the same room ONE of them had to see him.

6 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I do see Josh writing a book. It's a book with him and Anna on the cover (possibly the kids too) all smiles with some cheesy title like To Hell and Back: our story of redemption. It would be about their marriage, how it's stronger than ever, and how the Lord used violent sex with strangers to draw Josh and Anna's hearts closer to Him. 

His "fans" would eat that up. 

Archived