IGNORED

NFL 2011

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

Any other rabid American Football fans? The pre-season was a total mess and the lockout has put everyone way behind but I'm still excited. I like the Saints and the Packers, so I'd be okay with either team getting the win this evening if it weren't for me wanting to win my pick 'em group.

Kick off is at 8:30, unfortunately I don't have anyone to watch with this evening but I do have chips, dip, and beer!

Big football fan here too, Lissar. I feel almost like we had a near death experience in regards to football (almost losing it for the year), and now that it is back it's that much sweeter.

Do you follow any particular team?

My husband and I are big Dolphin fans, though they haven't been much to watch the last few years. We even had their fight song played at our reception!

Guest Anonymous

Green Bay, Giants, Saints fan here.

Although I'm foregoing tv at my new digs, I guess I'll depend on the Internet, radio and Pub sigh...

I am not a football fan, but guess what today my cable company called me and gave me their NFL package for free. I wish I could send it to one of you.

Guest Anonymous
Big football fan here too, Lissar. I feel almost like we had a near death experience in regards to football (almost losing it for the year), and now that it is back it's that much sweeter.

Do you follow any particular team?

My husband and I are big Dolphin fans, though they haven't been much to watch the last few years. We even had their fight song played at our reception!

I'm a great big football slut - I will watch anybody. I like the Saints, the Packers, the Colts, the Falcons, and the Bucs, though. kpmom are you guys excited to have Reggie Bush?

I don't care for the Eagles, the Steelers, or the Jets. Eagles and Jets I dislike the head coaches, and I hate Big Ben so the Steelers are on my shit list despite my crush on Troy Polamalu.

**Edited because I forgot to declare my liking for the Browns. I hope Colt McCoy tears it up this season at QB.

I love football season. I'll get weird looks from people who will walk into my office area at work and find me listening to sports talk radio during football season. I'm a Vikings fan first and foremost, unfortunately they are going to stink this year. I also lived in Indy for a few years so I'm a Colts fan, but they are probably not going to have a great year either.

Guest Anonymous

This is a heck of a game to open the season with. Did somebody order a shootout?

Stand out player for me so far is Jermichael Finley. He's a beast! I'm glad he seems to be recovered from his injury last season.

I'm a green bay native so I spose I'm obligated to like the Packers since that is this town's religion. Even scored free tickets to the concert beforehand but had to go to school instead :(

Wow, Green Bay looks ready to go back to the super bowl again, don't they? Except they're letting the other team score 27 points on them. Can't do that every week.

I love football season. I'll get weird looks from people who will walk into my office area at work and find me listening to sports talk radio during football season. I'm a Vikings fan first and foremost, unfortunately they are going to stink this year. I also lived in Indy for a few years so I'm a Colts fan, but they are probably not going to have a great year either.

Yeah, that's a shame about Peyton. I hope he's not done for good. He comes across as a decent guy.

Guest Anonymous

I hate watching football when its 90+ degrees out. But my time with the 64" wall o' TV is limited. I might as well enjoy it while I can.

Good game tonight.

Guest Anonymous

How about that Randall Cobb?!?! What a start to his NFL career! Two touchdowns and he tied the NFL return record with 108 yards. (Video at the link.)

At one point, in fact, Cobb was pretty much tackled. He was spun down to the ground, but John Kuhn caught him, held him up, and pushed him along. Once that happened, Cobb was off to the races, showcasing the speed that made him such a dangerous receiver last year at Kentucky.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/8/24 ... rds-in-nfl

I am gonna laugh when the price themselves right out of jobs. only in this world will we pay sports stars so much and people that make a difference in life so little.

Born and bred Central Wisconsin girl here, Packer backer always. It was a great game, down to the last nail biting seconds. Everyone in my family likes football, except my son, perhaps I should run a DNA test on him? My Wisconsin relatives dress their kids in green and gold and it seems like all the adults have Packer jerseys for game day.

I was bummed when the NFL left LA, I actually got to see the Packers decimate the Anaheim Rams back in the day.

If the first game (and the preseason) was any indicator, it's going to be a good season.

Born and bred Central Wisconsin girl here, Packer backer always. It was a great game, down to the last nail biting seconds. Everyone in my family likes football, except my son, perhaps I should run a DNA test on him? My Wisconsin relatives dress their kids in green and gold and it seems like all the adults have Packer jerseys for game day.

I was bummed when the NFL left LA, I actually got to see the Packers decimate the Anaheim Rams back in the day.

If the first game (and the preseason) was any indicator, it's going to be a good season.

I'm always surprised that a huge area like L.A. no longer has an NFL team, but a small area like Jacksonville, Fl. does.

LA is trying to get a team (or two), and I expect they will get one (or two) in the near future.

I'm a New England Patriots fan. But I don't like how Giselle has been styling Tommy's hair and wardrobe...

LA is trying to get a team (or two), and I expect they will get one (or two) in the near future.

I'm a New England Patriots fan. But I don't like how Giselle has been styling Tommy's hair and wardrobe...

Does he still have the long hair? Personally I like him in shorter hair, but Giselle will have her way I guess.

And speaking of Tommy, what kind of karma does that man have?

He's great looking, has a bunch (3?) of super bowl rings, makes a pile of money, and is married to a super model.

He must have done something wonderful in another life to deserve all this. Or maybe he sold his soul??

Being a lifelong Chicagoan, I guess I'm supposed to like the Bears. When I'm not calling them the Bores, that is. I'm also obligated to hate the Packers. It's my civic duty. :D

I also kinda like the Ravens because my ex-boyfriend got me interested in them.

funny-sports-pictures-sports-conversation-facebook-every.jpg

At work I sit between a Steelers and a Ravens fan. This could be every day in the office.

I would have been perfectly fine if the lockout had continued. Just about ready for hockey season to start though...

I'm a diehard Redskins fan - my pop would rise up out of his grave and smite me if I rooted for anyone else. I also root for the Ravens, Packers, and Saints. Yesterday was a great football day for me - the 'Skins and Ravens won, and the Cowboys and Steelers lost. I will enjoy this moment for the rest of the week (mostly because I fear it will be rare).

And slickcat79 - I can't wait for hockey season to start! C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!

I'm a diehard Redskins fan - my pop would rise up out of his grave and smite me if I rooted for anyone else. I also root for the Ravens, Packers, and Saints. Yesterday was a great football day for me - the 'Skins and Ravens won, and the Cowboys and Steelers lost. I will enjoy this moment for the rest of the week (mostly because I fear it will be rare).

And slickcat79 - I can't wait for hockey season to start! C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!

I was also happy the Cowboys lost.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

This season has been crazy so far. The Lions came back from being down 27 - 3 to beat the Cowboys, and that Jets - Ravens game Sunday night, holy crap! Neither offence bothered to show up at all. Weird stuff going on in the league these days.

I'm not big into football, but my husband is. He's been a Detroit fan since well before I met him, which was over 7 years ago, so he's ecstatic about how they're doing this year. He was actually called a bandwagon Lions fan yesterday, which made him laugh.

Archived