IGNORED

Jim and Bobye Holt Had A Baby....

FJismyheadship

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts here-I thought JIm Holt and Boob were at odds over Mike Huckabee, which ended the friendship. And how is Venessa still practicing? Are the Holts still in Arkansas ?
Singing a few secular songs and wearing pants really mean nothing in the Fundie-world. I ,too, can feel Michelle burn with envy clutching a reborn baby doll.

34 minutes ago, roddma said:

A few thoughts here-I thought JIm Holt and Boob were at odds over Mike Huckabee, which ended the friendship. And how is Venessa still practicing? Are the Holts still in Arkansas ?

Thanks for picking that up, I'm really curious about that too. I guess we kind of knew that Venessa was still practicing after her licence for Arkansas was revoked, but I assumed at least she only did it in Oklahoma and Missouri (not that that's better, just that at least she wouldn't be breaking the law). But her private Facebook says she's in Bentonville, AR and AFAIK the Holt's are still in Arkansas as well. I don't see how Venessa could legally be Bobye's midwife.

This proves why midwives need regulation in the US. Maybe a little OT, but these types including Jill and Venessa wouldnt be allowed to deliver puppies in Canada. I have nothing against midwives, but the least allowed should be CNM. It's scary when anyone can take a couple of classes online and call themselves midwife.

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Scott-Lynn? Scotland? This name confuses and frightens me. 

When I first read it, I honestly had no earthly clue if this baby was a boy or a girl.  My money was on girl given the Linn ending, and, of course, I was wrong. :pb_confused:

Scottlen is a little odd but definitely much more pleasant sounding than Spurgeon. His mama's name is a little unconventional anyway. I keep wanting to pronounce Bobye's name as "Bob-yee" even though I assume it's actually meant to be said as "Bobby". 

I guess I can see how at 46, it was quite likely a high risk pregnancy and I can see why someone might not want to draw a lot of attention if they're not feeling confident that the baby and mom will make it. I would be very nervous about being pregnant if I were 45.  They saw how terribly things turned out for the Duggars with Michelle's last pregnancy, and maybe they didn't want to have to deal with that kind of attention if things turned out tragically. 

The name Scottlen reminds me of Charlie Sheen's ex, Scottine. I'm kind of in the camp that Scott is a perfectly fine name all by itself, too.

Anyhoo, the baby is cute I suppose. The first image posted with his little fist balled up reminded me a bit of that fist bump baby meme.

5018883.jpg

VOJwPDN.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Venessa weighing Scottlen in the lower right pic.

AR lay midwife regulations: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/LayMidwifery.pdf

I'm so uncomfortable with this. A great grand multipara, over age 45. Maybe it's fine. Maybe Venessa followed every protocol and documented every little thing. Maybe Bobye had a solid birth plan and/or an OB waiting in the wings if things went wrong. But I have a hard time believing that a midwife who is perfectly happy to practice without a license would follow the rest of the guidelines, especially if doing so might get her in trouble by removing plausible deniability. For instance, Bobye could say she didn't have a birth plan, or that labor came on quickly while Venessa happened to be visiting, or something. JFC, what if she'd hemorrhaged like Jessa?

I don't know how the board could even discipline Venessa, if it were confirmed that she's still catching babies. They could ban her from ever being licensed again, but clearly she doesn't care about that anyway. Are there penalties for pregnant women  hiring an unlicensed midwife? I doubt it, and that's probably not a good idea anyway. Could the soap opera doctor get in trouble if he is part of Venessa's shenanigans? I'm sure the answer is yes, which means she/they would have to be sneaky about consulting with him or transferring mothers to him. Operating under the table pretty much requires lack of disclosure and documentation. This is bad, bad, bad.

Scottlen? Seriously? Although then again, the kids, mother is called Bobye.

At least it isn't Spurgeon. That is just the worst name ever until someone decides to call their baby Shithead.

Wow, I didn't expect Bobye to have any more.

2 hours ago, Coldwinterskies said:

I guess I can see how at 46, it was quite likely a high risk pregnancy and I can see why someone might not want to draw a lot of attention if they're not feeling confident that the baby and mom will make it. I would be very nervous about being pregnant if I were 45.  They saw how terribly things turned out for the Duggars with Michelle's last pregnancy, and maybe they didn't want to have to deal with that kind of attention if things turned out tragically. 

Agree with all of this, except that it looks like Venessa was somehow involved, as halcionne noted.  Nervous and quiet about a very late in life pregnancy?  Sure, but you'd have a solid plan for a safe delivery, right?  Not just prayer and good ol' Venessa, who doesn't care much for things like licensing and protocol... That goes from dangerous to just stupid. 

15 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Scott-Lynn? Scotland? This name confuses and frightens me. 

Probably disappointed that Spurgeon was already taken.

2 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

At least it isn't Spurgeon. That is just the worst name ever until someone decides to call their baby Shithead.

And pronounce it Shuh-THEED.

3 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

I have heard of many kids named Shithead ( pronounced Shi-theed).

Scottlen? They should've just gone the whole hog and named the poor guy Scotland.

It seems the fundies are trying to one up each other with the silly baby names.

Shithead is just an urban legend (and typically a racist one at that). No one has ever been able to find a record of an actual person named Shithead.

Im 45 myself and can't imagine a child in high school pushing 60, though I imagine it is more common place now.I thought I had the oldest mother in the world and she was only 34 when she had me. I vowed to have kids before I turned 30, which never happened and still hasn't, and possibility is quite low Ha ha. But I was just a bit naive.Unlike these women I learned to see myself for more than babies.

4 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Scottlen? They should've just gone the whole hog and named the poor guy Scotland.

It seems the fundies are trying to one up each other with the silly baby names.

I mean, the mother is named Bobye, I'm not sure the child ever had a chance.

I don't really see much of an issue with Bobye intentionally birthing a child at 46, particularly in this day and age. She's not going to be the one chasing the baby/toddler, and she probably will pull a J'chelle when it comes to homeschooling, and will leave that to her older children at home. 

All of that said, I'm kind of amazed at their silence on the pregnancy. Fundies in the public eye typically report just after the egg is fertilized since they like the attention, and publicising an early pregnancy encourages discussion about "when life begins". Being quiet out of fear of losing the baby isn't at all a traditional fundie mindset. As a matter of fact, questioning the will of God by expressing doubt or fear is the sort of thing that fundies usually rail other people for doing.

Tinfoil Hat Time:

Part of me really wants to believe that they are covering up for the birth of an illegitimate child within the family, but I know it's far more likely that this is actually Bobye's baby. However, there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence... her close friends didn't even realize she was expecting; she never mentioned it when discussing the birth of her most recent grandchild; she almost avoided discussing entirely, despite being past the point of reasonable concern over viability. Plus, her family relied on the use of an unlicensed agent to quietly deliver the child at home. This, combined with her oddly specific statement about it being "Our son, from MY womb...". Though doth protest quite a lot, Bobye.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

Tinfoil Hat Time:

Part of me really wants to believe that they are covering up for the birth of an illegitimate child within the family, but I know it's far more likely that this is actually Bobye's baby. However, there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence... her close friends didn't even realize she was expecting; she never mentioned it when discussing the birth of her most recent grandchild; she almost avoided discussing entirely, despite being past the point of reasonable concern over viability. Plus, her family relied on the use of an unlicensed agent to quietly deliver the child at home. This, combined with her oddly specific statement about it being "Our son, from MY womb...". Though doth protest quite a lot, Bobye.

That comment struck me as being very strange....unnatural somehow.  I had a baby close to 44 and one friend I hadn't seen in a long time asked me on facebook if I had adopted.  I just said no, I gave birth to her.  I didn't say 'she was from my womb' weird. 

I've met two women who had surprise babies at 46. One had just sent her youngest off to college. One had tried to get pregnant for many years without success, so she and her husband sold their big house, downsized, put much of their money into their business---then, ta da!

Archived