IGNORED

Moron shuts down Houston area highway for marriage proposal

47of74

A moron shut down part of I-45 in Houston in order to propose to his girlfriend.

Vidal Valladares Navas, 24, clearly drove his girlfriend wild by dropping to his knee and proposing on I-45 Sunday, as seen in a viral video of the stunt.

Motorists, however, were not so moved — Valladres’ big question stopped cars for about 35 seconds on one of the state’s busiest highways.

Valladres posted his proposal video on Instagram, writing in a now-deleted post: “When you shut down one of the biggest and busiest freeways in the entire country (I45) and you ask your girl if she wants to marry u, That moment is priceless.”

But someone who posted the video on YouTube, bringing it to national attention, had a different view, titling it: “Idiot Shuts Down a Major Highway for Marriage Proposal.”

The police decided to charge him with obstruction of a highway for that stunt. 

facepalm4.gif

Ugh. If someone ever proposed to me that way, I would be tremendously embarrassed and pissed off. It doesn't say, but I assume she accepted this dude's proposal? 

I saw this story last night and had all kinds of "what the hell?" thoughts running through my head. Why on earth would anyone think this was a good idea? It is highly dangerous, not to mention inconsiderate to the others trying to get to where they are going. He is lucky no one was injured, including himself and his girlfriend. 

On another note: I am seriously sick and freaking tired of people trying to gain attention by these types of stupid public proposals. 

7 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I saw this story last night and had all kinds of "what the hell?" thoughts running through my head. Why on earth would anyone think this was a good idea? It is highly dangerous, not to mention inconsiderate to the others trying to get to where they are going. He is lucky no one was injured, including himself and his girlfriend. 

On another note: I am seriously sick and freaking tired of people trying to gain attention by these types of stupid public proposals. 

Ugh! Seriously! I went to a live show earlier this year and they ended it by bringing some couple on stage so he could propose to her. Fortunately, it was a bunch of comedians, so it was funny, but also really annoying. The same thing happened when my mom went to a concert last year. I just think it's so dumb. 

Moron indeed! And then he bragged (and deleted) that he shut down one of the biggest and busiest highways in the country just for his proposal. Elaborate wedding proposals: I get it, I get it, you're way more in love than the rest of us.

Were they driving on the highway together and he stopped the car and they both got out? That's what it looks like to me. How did he convince her to get out of the car on the highway? Because I would've said, "No thank you. I'd rather not be killed by a speeding car right now."

I watched the video on YouTube. Holy crap, how dangerous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPG7P6jvb6Q

@IreneIssh It is a constant act of one uppmanship that drives me nuts. Maybe I am just a seahag, but I don't get the constant need for everything to be put on public display. 

Urg! And he had his friends stand in front of the vehicles blocking traffic. Seriously, he better count his lucky stars someone did not hit them. What an ass.... 

5 minutes ago, Mecca said:

@IreneIssh It is a constant act of one uppmanship that drives me nuts. Maybe I am just a seahag, but I don't get the constant need for everything to be put on public display. 

I definitely get that. But I'm a bit of a seahag, myself. No shame in being a seahag. 

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_movezbDSyC1qanpr5.gif.4397

1 hour ago, IreneIssh said:

Ugh. If someone ever proposed to me that way, I would be tremendously embarrassed and pissed off. It doesn't say, but I assume she accepted this dude's proposal? 

Yeah she did accept the proposal.

I don't get how that happened? How did they stop all those lines of traffic in the first place?

It looks like he knows he behaved like a knob though, on the news interview.

He's damn lucky he didn't pull this stunt while I was coming home from work. :devilish: Not only was it supid, dangerous, and downright inconsiderate of everyone on the road; but a Houston freeway is one of the least romantic places I can think of. What next, a marriage proposal at the DMV? Landfill? 

I'm glad this clown is facing charges.

@PopRox I know, right? Nothing says, "I love you! I want to spend the rest of my life with you!" like the smell of exhaust on a dirty interstate with pissed off people honking their horns. Oh, how romantic. :my_heart:

@Jennifer Hart Yep. So many people do ridiculous stuff so they can become internet famous. Please excuse me because my inner seahag is taking control again, but why are we suppose to give a flying fart about someone proposing? It is not like asking someone to marry is a rare occurrence in society. I don't know the guy, and frankly I am glad I don't because he sounds like a inconsiderate asshole, so why am I suppose to care that he proposed to his girlfriend?  

I guess I need to start a social media account and post pictures of me getting a Pap smear or a dental exam. "Hey, everyone! My bite wing X-rays look fabulous." "Hey, guys! My OBGYN said I had the best looking cervix he has seen all week!" 

38 minutes ago, Mecca said:

@Jennifer Hart Yep. So many people do ridiculous stuff so they can become internet famous. Please excuse me because my inner seahag is taking control again, but why are we suppose to give a flying fart about someone proposing? It is not like asking someone to marry is a rare occurrence in society. I don't know the guy, and frankly I am glad I don't because he sounds like a inconsiderate asshole, so why am I suppose to care that he proposed to his girlfriend?  

I guess I need to start a social media account and post pictures of me getting a Pap smear or a dental exam. "Hey, everyone! My bite wing X-rays look fabulous." "Hey, guys! My OBGYN said I had the best looking cervix he has seen all week!" 

EXACTLY!!! I'm so tired of this over sharing.  People don't value privacy anymore.  You have parents exposing their children and showing their homes to the world on youtube all for money, free gifts and sponsorships.  I hate this new trend of anything for a viral video.  People will do anything for instagram followers.  It's insane.

@Jennifer Hart I agree. YouTube has become a cesspool of fame seekers, and these people are willing to sell out their families for cash, fame and material goods. One of the worst is the Shaytards. I cannot stand Shay. He is obnoxious and sells out his children. You can tell the kids are truly impacted, and not in a good way, by their dad's decision to expose their lives in the way he has.

I'd turn down someone whose idea of romance is to do something dangerous that also causes inconvenience to other people.  But she accepted, I think.  Couple of idiots.

4 hours ago, Mecca said:

@Jennifer Hart I agree. YouTube has become a cesspool of fame seekers, and these people are willing to sell out their families for cash, fame and material goods. One of the worst is the Shaytards. I cannot stand Shay. He is obnoxious and sells out his children. You can tell the kids are truly impacted, and not in a good way, by their dad's decision to expose their lives in the way he has.

I feel the same way, it's not just YouTube, but these fame seekers share those videos on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites with the hope that they become famous. They're also the type who post selfies for just about every post that isn't a video. I've never been a fan of those elaborate marriage proposals, and this one is the worst because they put themselves and others in danger because they stopped traffic on a busy freeway.

21 hours ago, Jennifer Hart said:

EXACTLY!!! I'm so tired of this over sharing.  People don't value privacy anymore.  You have parents exposing their children and showing their homes to the world on youtube all for money, free gifts and sponsorships.  I hate this new trend of anything for a viral video.  People will do anything for instagram followers.  It's insane.

Yeah, whatever happened to just jumping up and down on a couch and shouting that you love a woman like the old days...

How in the world does someone think proposing on the interstate is a good idea? How romantic is that?

I mean, if you REALLY want to do it - go to a rest area. that way, you still have the same beautiful views, the sound of traffic whizzing past and the delicate fragrance of car exhaust to heighten the mood.  Then you can toast your good fortune with a drink from the vending machines, and if you are really into it - a quicky in the family and/or disabled toilets or behind the building. 

mmmm... nothing says I love you like a funyun engagement ring  and diesel. 

I live in Houston and I'm surprised they didn't get run over the way we drive here. 

Ridiculous... and agreed with all the sentiments of "who the hell cares that you are proposing?" - such narcissistic shit.

Archived