IGNORED

Jessica/Latisha Tidbits

theologygeek

Jessica had a baby girl and named her Ruth.  Also, the family moved from that gorgeous home they built.  I can't find out why.  All I found out was that it is 10 hours away from where they used to live.  How far is Tempe, AZ from Idaho?  Wouldn't that be a hoot if she moved closer to Zsu. 

13 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Jessica had a baby girl and named her Ruth.  Also, the family moved from that gorgeous home they built.  I can't find out why.  All I found out was that it is 10 hours away from where they used to live.  How far is Tempe, AZ from Idaho?  Wouldn't that be a hoot if she moved closer to Zsu. 

Close to 1000 miles.  Both are fairly very conservative states.  Tempe is home to Arizona State University, though. 

20 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Because The Chad said so, that's why.

I miss that kid, she was a fun one to read.

Is she posting anywhere these days? Miss her comments on Zsu's blog--it's a rare thing when even Zsu thinks someone is extreme.

Maybe Chad decided he wanted another wife and they moved to a polygamist community in Horseshoe Bend or Boundary County.  You know she would have to go because he is "Headship":evil-laugh:

Normally I'd assume that they moved somewhere cheaper, but the place they were living in rural ID is probably about as cheap as you can get.  Something must have happened...you don't just leave a house you built for no reason.  

I always thought Chad moved towards being more and more controlling every year.  Maybe now he's decided to isolate the family as well.

On 12/14/2015 at 6:46 PM, twin2 said:

I miss that kid, she was a fun one to read.

I knowwwwwwwwww.  It's so sad.  I miss the little air head. 

I don't get it.  Chad had a successful roofing business.  Why would they just up and leave?  If anyone wants to know where I'm getting my tidbits, message me.  I don't want to put it here.  I don't want to lose the only thing I have left to keep tabs on Latisha lol 

YEEEEEE!!!!! I love any Latisha tidbits.

@countressrascal Do you mean Horsheshoe Bend Idaho? My parents have friends that live there and I've never heard of any polygamists there. I have heard of a few FLDS folks in southeastern Idaho.

On 12/15/2015 at 3:52 PM, Georgiana said:

Normally I'd assume that they moved somewhere cheaper, but the place they were living in rural ID is probably about as cheap as you can get.  Something must have happened...you don't just leave a house you built for no reason.  

I always thought Chad moved towards being more and more controlling every year.  Maybe now he's decided to isolate the family as well.

Weren't they living out in the country and only had a few nearby neighbors? I agree, I also thought Chad was becoming more controlling.

On 12/15/2015 at 0:52 PM, Mary C Doates said:

Is she posting anywhere these days? Miss her comments on Zsu's blog--it's a rare thing when even Zsu thinks someone is extreme.

I have been wondering about that. Does her sister still have a public blog?

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Weren't they living out in the country and only had a few nearby neighbors? I agree, I also thought Chad was becoming more controlling.

I have been wondering about that. Does her sister still have a public blog?

They were pretty isolated.  They had a large amount of land, and I think the nearby houses did as well.  However, they were fairly near their families.  She was close to her sister, he was one of 11, and while they both came from Christian families, their families were not nearly as extreme as Chad/Jessica.  I wonder if he moved them away from their families, since it could be a way for Jessica to get out/a threat to Chad's complete control.

19 hours ago, Georgiana said:

They were pretty isolated.  They had a large amount of land, and I think the nearby houses did as well.  However, they were fairly near their families.  She was close to her sister, he was one of 11, and while they both came from Christian families, their families were not nearly as extreme as Chad/Jessica.  I wonder if he moved them away from their families, since it could be a way for Jessica to get out/a threat to Chad's complete control.

Chad and Jessica also had issues with a church they attended for awhile. I remember Chad's brother was a pastor at this particular church. I think Chad and/or Jessica had issues because the church employed women and had a women co-pastor.

wow.. just. wow... I'm actually feeling a little nervous for her. I'm remembering her post about going to skirts-only, which was Chad's doing and he got to their 4-yr-old daughter first and then *she* started on the "skirts" campaign.

Strangely enough, I kind of liked her. I don't remember her being so crazy (the definition of "crazy" being calibrated to fundy standards), but there was Taryn who used to comment on Zsu's blog who couldn't form a coherent thought, much less a coherent sentence.

I just always saw Jessica as one who drank the Kool Aid and wanted to share it but couldn't take the push-back. C'est la vie; not everyone is meant to "damn the torpedoes." She also seemed kind of nice and is very pretty. And for some reason, I always hear her voice as being kind of nasally - I don't know why.

So, is Ruth #8? I like that name.

2 hours ago, salsa said:

wow.. just. wow... I'm actually feeling a little nervous for her. I'm remembering her post about going to skirts-only, which was Chad's doing and he got to their 4-yr-old daughter first and then *she* started on the "skirts" campaign.

Strangely enough, I kind of liked her. I don't remember her being so crazy (the definition of "crazy" being calibrated to fundy standards), but there was Taryn who used to comment on Zsu's blog who couldn't form a coherent thought, much less a coherent sentence.

I just always saw Jessica as one who drank the Kool Aid and wanted to share it but couldn't take the push-back. C'est la vie; not everyone is meant to "damn the torpedoes." She also seemed kind of nice and is very pretty. And for some reason, I always hear her voice as being kind of nasally - I don't know why.

I started reading her before she even found Zsu.  She used to be bubbly, easy to relate to, fairly open minded (as in, she would discuss politely and inquire into beliefs/opinions different than her own), and actually quite funny.  Then, as Chad coerced her to be more and more fundie, she became more and more angry and hateful.  I think that she was very angry, frustrated, and unhappy with her increasingly conservative life (and this came out in some of her posts) and redirected that negative emotion at others as an outlet.  Which is why I think she responds so negatively to criticism.  These aren't deeply held beliefs, these are coping attempts...and when you push back, you hurt her coping ability.  

I'm not defending her.  She's an adult and made her own damn choices.  But she started dating Chad when they were in like 8 or 9th grade, married him when they were 18, and had a baby right away.  I think she is scared to live without him, and so goes along with everything he wants because she is scared he might leave her.  

17 hours ago, salsa said:

I remember the skirt posts. Chad purposely took the little girl's pants and hid them and that was part of making Jessica and the girl wear skirts full time. I think Ruth is 7. I recall the oldest child is a girl named Gracie, then there are three boys(can't remember the names) a girl named Hannah, then a boy named Joel and I can't remember if there was another child before Ruth.

14 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I started reading her before she even found Zsu.  She used to be bubbly, easy to relate to, fairly open minded (as in, she would discuss politely and inquire into beliefs/opinions different than her own), and actually quite funny.  Then, as Chad coerced her to be more and more fundie, she became more and more angry and hateful.  I think that she was very angry, frustrated, and unhappy with her increasingly conservative life (and this came out in some of her posts) and redirected that negative emotion at others as an outlet.  Which is why I think she responds so negatively to criticism.  These aren't deeply held beliefs, these are coping attempts...and when you push back, you hurt her coping ability.  

I'm not defending her.  She's an adult and made her own damn choices.  But she started dating Chad when they were in like 8 or 9th grade, married him when they were 18, and had a baby right away.  I think she is scared to live without him, and so goes along with everything he wants because she is scared he might leave her.  

I got into Jessica's first blog when I found FJ yuku in 2011. I also started reading Zsu around the same time. I also felt bad for her at times.  I do remember that she and Chad started dating young.  He had been homeschooled and then went to public school where he met Jessica. Jessica probably does fear Chad leaving her due to finances.

I think Ruth is No.7. There's Gracie - 11, Steven - 9, Caleb - 7, Joshua - 6, Hannah - 4, and Joel is 2 or 3 (approximate ages). So there's quite a gap between Joel and Ruth, which would have upset Jessica I'm sure, as she's probably trying to catch up to Zsu. 

Archived