IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

On 12/14/2015 at 7:50 PM, accountingstar said:

I checked the Real Police website and they don't recommend bringing baked goods unless you personally know the police. If the police don't know you, they will throw them in the trash. I hope they know a policeman so their hard work isn't thrown in the trash. 

This is why I always get a GC to Subway or something like that for the cops to enjoy a lunch.

And also I only wear gloves in the kitchen when it's something like chiles or meat.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

You guys! It's not too late to buy yourself MOTH, MOTS, MOTC and the Moody collection for your kids! What wonderful, Godly Christmas presents those would be!

Getting those so-called "books" as gifts would inspire me to SEVERE rage--

You could get a huge pile of nearly new/unused on amazon for $35. Or  just 1 or 2 with free shipping from Maxhell.

They are mostly so dated they would have been remaindered a decade or two ago, by any normal bookshop.

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

You guys! It's not too late to buy yourself MOTH, MOTS, MOTC and the Moody collection for your kids! What wonderful, Godly Christmas presents those would be!

What about KOTH?

Image.ashx?multiverseid=212238&type=card

I know people here have bought Maxwell books, but has anyone dared buy one of the CDs? With "Feed My Sheep" you get to listen to TWO family Bible times!! How exciting! /sarcasm

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I know people here have bought Maxwell books, but has anyone dared buy one of the CDs? With "Feed My Sheep" you get to listen to TWO family Bible times!! How exciting! /sarcasm

From the audio clips provided by Steverino, I couldn't bring myself to pay anything for what they might call music.  Too bad someone can't put the songs on Youtube without the master of the universe (Steve, again) crying copyright infringement and pulling them.   I need to hear someone else's caterwauling to make me think I sound good.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Fun Times!  One could follow it up with a listen to Trust eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Obey!

30 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Anyone else think that Steve's recent fast has something to do with the changes in habits -- however slight -- in MaxwelLand?

Only if by that you mean that they all ran round behind his back arranging Christmas trips and activities, while Steve sat alone weeping and wailing to God in the basement.

Teri sounded positively gleeful when she announced Steve was fasting 10 days but she was only doing one. :my_biggrin:

Another sales pitch on the blog today, this time by NR Anna, who's so busy with three "littles" and a fourth on the way (but not so busy that she can't write advertising copy for the in-laws) that it's only by the grace of Teri's MOTH that she gets by.

The WTF moment is this revelation: Joshua is only allowed 15 minutes to do puzzles while she is putting the littler littles down for naps. 'Cause he should really be busy learning how to do things like code and use tools so he'll be able to buy his future home with cash. 

In Maxhell, it's selling season every day of the year! They can't simply be - it's market market market. It's all about monetizing the family all the time, don'tcha know.

Also, this, from NR-Anna's post:

Personally, I’m not naturally a super task-oriented person, and having a schedule has helped me keep some order and routine going when otherwise it would tend to fall apart.

"Not naturally a super task-oriented person??" Sorry, I'm not buying it. I think NR-Anna works her ass off every waking minute, always has, always will. She never would have been admitted through the pearly gates of Stevehovah's Leavenworth, otherwise.

1 minute ago, Marian the Librarian said:

In Maxhell, it's selling season every day of the year! They can't simply be - it's market market market. It's all about monetizing the family all the time, don'tcha know.

"Not naturally a super task-oriented person??" Sorry, I'm not buying it. I think NR-Anna works her ass off every waking minute, always has, always will. She never would have been admitted through the pearly gates of Stevehovah's Leavenworth, otherwise.

Eh, I see this. I also feel this way about myself but it's not how I actually act. I don't feel task oriented but I still like...made a quilt top in 4 days because I decided that I was going to, and never have turned in late work, etc. 

I think this might actually mean she wasn't a schedule person. It is perhaps that she has the ability to work hard and hyperfocus but wouldn't normally do that with any rhythm or schedule. That's how I function. 

3 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

"the pearly gates of Stevehovah's Leavenworth" -- Hahahahahahah!  Leavenworth is a nice town, but so far from pearly-gated.  Thanks for the chuckle!

55 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

But, see, it's not enough that you focus on a job and work hard to complete it. In Maxhell, you must schedule EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of it per Teri's masterworks, and leave not even a second up to chance!

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

The WTF moment is this revelation: Joshua is only allowed 15 minutes to do puzzles while she is putting the littler littles down for naps. 'Cause he should really be busy learning how to do things like code and use tools so he'll be able to buy his future home with cash. 

I just came on here to post about this. How old is Joshua? Why is he so busy that she previously couldn't find time for him to do puzzles? How sad that it's limited to the standard 15 minute increment. No need to let him develop those problem solving skills too much...

22 minutes ago, waterandrocks said:

I just came on here to post about this. How old is Joshua? Why is he so busy that she previously couldn't find time for him to do puzzles? How sad that it's limited to the standard 15 minute increment. No need to let him develop those problem solving skills too much...

15 minutes is all any activity can happen in their house.  

I think Josh is a little over 3. So when this new child comes they will have 4. 4 and under. 

I'm a super procrastination-oriented person :P  But when I get into something I can get obsessive.  So I tend to get things done in sprints, when left to myself.  (My parents are really into me planning and scheduling things and having timetables but I haven't gotten past having a todo list I occasionally remember to consult.)

4 hours ago, princessmahina said:

So, sex- scheduled or not scheduled? What if it doesn't take the full 15 minutes? Then what?

Then the wife gets 12 minutes of blessedly free time--

Just a little pet peeve.... I hate the way they call their kids "little ones". Why not call them our kids/children/family/young children..... Too secular???

P.S. Anna, when you have morning sickness or "pregnancy fog", it is a signal to take a break and get some rest....

Wow, they really are shilling those books so hard. Every post somehow manages to come back to "Buy our books ! They're awesome and make great gifts !"

Business can't be going so well if they're this desperate... Time to take a step back and question your choices maybe ? But we all know they're pathologically unable to do so, and so we'll get even more of this frantic advertising of their lame wares.

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

So what happens if Joshua is really into doing puzzles and wants to continue playing? Tough luck?

I just keep coming back to this. Giving preschoolers the freedom to absorb themselves in activities for long stretches of time is such an important part of their development. Allowing kids to just play for a couple hours at a time allows them to develop their creativity and problem-solving skills. I realize that the Maxwells don't want creative and problem-solving offspring but it still makes me so sad!

I reckon that post explains Teri's improved mood though.  She gets to walk with Adoring Anna most afternoons which will boost her mood and ego.  I would imagine Anna is the most Maxwellian of the helpmeets so far, and she clearly plays the game and praises the way that scheduling improves her as a mother.

Archived