IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

It's nice that Sarah and Anna are making sweets for the police and garage men. What about the post man? My family gives the post man a $10 gift card. Do police eat cookies or cakes given to them? There could be the potential risk that some one poisoned the baked good. 

I checked the Real Police website and they don't recommend bringing baked goods unless you personally know the police. If the police don't know you, they will throw them in the trash. I hope they know a policeman so their hard work isn't thrown in the trash.  

http://www.realpolice.net/forums/ask-cop-112/105492-bringing-cookies-my-local-police-station.html

Looking forward to Mary's blog on OCC. It looked like she was in heaven helping out.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've mentioned their mailman before, I think. They were grateful for the guy picking up all their shipments or something. 

Poor Sarah wrote:

We will be giving away some of the treats to service people who have blessed us this past year. Top on our list are our police officers and trash guys.

Hmmmm

My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: 

It's called a blow job....

naughty johnhugh 

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

Poor Sarah wrote:

Hmmmm

It's called a blow job....

naughty johnhugh 

That is a comment worthyy of a 13 year old asshole if you put it on their blog. 

44 minutes ago, AreteJo said:

Would the Maxwells know what one was? I assume Teri and Steve probably would but the kids wouldn't. 

so ridiculing them by using a term they wouldn't know is just so much more adult.  Apologies for the italics, I'm on my phone and it is not letting me change over.    

We always give the mailman a Timmie's card and the garbage guys get cash. We also make sure we give some money to the maintenance guy for the complex. 

Eh, I find it more difficult and not necessarily more clean wearing gloves when cooking. Only time I do is when making burgers and I'm mixing ground beef with egg/breadcrumbs.

I don't know anybody who uses gloves in their own home/for private cooking. I personally would hate it; makes me feel so... removed from the food. I like being able to touch what I'm working with.

As for baking for policemen etc., it seems to be super common among fundies. I've read it on several blogs. I do wonder how much food they end up throwing away at police stations, fire stations, etc. So sad.

I don't use gloves for normal cooking unless what I will handle is really smelly or if I have a stomach flu and my daughter does not and I have to prepare food for her (she is 3 so she can't do it herself).

13 hours ago, sparkles said:

I never wear gloves when I cook unless I'm working with hot chilis. I'm a very hands-on cook, especially with bread dough, and I'm fanatical about making sure my hands, equpment and all surfaces are scrupulously clean. Honestly, given the way I've seen some food service people work with gloves on (like not taking them off to handle money—blech), I think sometimes we're better off without 'em.

I would only use gloves when working with chilies too. Actually, I won't cut them without gloves. I learned the hard way that they can cause a lot of pain.

I don't see an issue with not wearing gloves in one's own home when preparing food. Just work on a clean surface and wash your hands well. I think gloves in the food service industry gives people a false sense of security and they would actually wash their hands more if they were not wearing gloves.

11 hours ago, Bethella said:
14 hours ago, bertnee said:
2 hours ago, bertnee said: "lumps of coal" (a.k.a. Oreo cocoa rice krispie treat balls)

recipe please?

I used this recipe except I did 2 cups of crushed oreos and 4 cups cocoa krispies since I didn't have black dye. Then I printed these tags to go on the bags. They were delicious and a big hit! :)

5 hours ago, bertnee said:

I used this recipe except I did 2 cups of crushed oreos and 4 cups cocoa krispies since I didn't have black dye. Then I printed these tags to go on the bags. They were delicious and a big hit! :)

Thanks!

14 hours ago, AreteJo said:

Thank you for calling that out. It isn't funny, and honestly seems really sexist to suggest a woman should perform oral sex as a favor to some men she barely knows. It's not okay to say just because Sarah is the daughter of some religious freak.

But then, I've never found those blog comments funny. Maybe because I've progressed past the 13 year old asshole stage?

With that said, 'service' is the wrong verb, at least in my vernacular.  To me, 'service' means an oil change, checking the tire pressure, maybe replacing the spark plugs and filters, etc.

6 hours ago, bertnee said:

recipe please?

Yum, I'm craving rice krispie treats right now. Do you deliver? :pb_smile:

I brought up the gloves since cleanliness is godliness in Maxhell.  Look at all the layers Josh has to wear while eating.

On 12/14/2015 at 4:12 PM, Trynn said:

Where do you live where they're not required for restaurants? I don't have an issue if people don't want to use them in their own home, but I work in food service, and if we didn't wear gloves the Health Department would throw a fit so big you'd hear the explosion clear across the country.

Gloves can be a hazard in some restaurant kitchens.  A lot of heat can melt them, make hands extremely sweaty under the rubber, which can make grips on pans less secure, and so on.  I used to work in food service in Rhode Island, and we didn't have gloves.  An ex was a sous chef in a couple different states, and no gloves.  A friend owns a restaurant in Hawaii, and no gloves.  Maybe there's a difference between kitchens with line cooks versus higher-end kitchens where you are.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I brought up the gloves since cleanliness is godliness in Maxhell.  Look at all the layers Josh has to wear while eating.

I doubt even in Maxhell how toddlers eat affects cooking policy.   It's Chris  and NR Anna's kids that are wrapped up, not all toddlers.      

They made cookies on Christmas Day one year, I'm guessing they know someone personally to hand them off to.  

I can't personally imagine the police eating home-baked goods, but it is also hard to imagine many families actually baking and cellophane wrapping individual cookies on 25 December.  They are probably just known by someone in the locality.

Didn't Joseph get to drive round in a police car for work experience once?

I can well imagine Steve cultivating relationships with the police, local magistrates etc. They would make a good source of stories about the wages of sin, the dangers of not sheltering, etc.

You guys! It's not too late to buy yourself MOTH, MOTS, MOTC and the Moody collection for your kids! What wonderful, Godly Christmas presents those would be!

On 14.12.2015 at 2:02 AM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I live in Italy and last time I checked gloves weren'trequired. [...]

Germany neither. I had to get a certificate that I do not have any infections or illnesses (doctor's check up and stool sample) and a seminar about hygiene (how long and often to wash your hands, no hair flying around, etc.) and how to treat certain kinds of food (raw meat, eggs, etc.) and the common signs of food poisoning (when you detect them on yourself you have to stop working with food until your stool sample gets an ok from the doctor). But no gloves required by law.

That blog post was dull reading (like all of their posts) and they remind me of journals we had to write in grade 3 and 4. Those truffles do look tasty and now I want some. Thank you, Maxwell Girls for leading me into temptation. It was specifically your job to avoid to help me avoid all the temptations. 

Archived