IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mom said I had to get her Diet Coke if I wanted to use her tv to watch "that show" tonight. Fair trade. Maybe I should get whiskey for her, too. Nahhh, who am I kidding, that whiskey would be for me.

Making a batch of hot buttered rum for anyone who wants to join me for the festivities. :tw_beer: (OK, I know this is a beer, but it looks close enough to a frothy steaming mug of creamy hot buttered rum.)

I'm eagerly awaiting Buzzard's recap, since--Alas, we ditched cable television about 3 years ago, so I won't be watching.

I actually have cable now so I'll be able to watch it live. Does anyone want to play a drinking game? Who bets there going to have those dumb pop up Duggar facts?

I thought we weren't going to watch it, but let Buzzard continue her tradition of great recaps?  Remember,  we don't want this show to succeed, right?

2 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I thought we weren't going to watch it, but let Buzzard continue her tradition of great recaps?  Remember,  we don't want this show to succeed, right?

especially after today of blasting ben on facebook - because he has no soul :D and then deleting it - but not before someone offered to buy me a bible HA 

but yes I will watch 

59 minutes ago, amster said:

I'm eagerly awaiting recaps here as it's Monday morning here in Sydney and I'm at work.

little stuff like time differences just fucking blow my mind for some reason,

less than an hour till it comes on here in good ol' Tejas

Not watching.  Watching a special on The Carpenters on PBS at 7:30 and then a Downton Abbey special at 9. Wouldn't watch anyway even if there wasn't something else I wanted to watch. 

What time is it on again? I'm too lazy to look it up. Yeah, that's right. Too lazy to google.  I have hit a new low :P

1 minute ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

What time is it on again? I'm too lazy to look it up. Yeah, that's right. Too lazy to google.  I have hit a new low :P

it comes on at 7 for me (CST)

Thank you :) I guess that means I better get my backside into the kitchen and get the dishes washed so I can sit back and relax and watch my favourite trainwreck!

also why the fuck am I watching Kate + 8 while waiting for Jill and Jessa: Counting on TLC money, very soooper special episode

what has my life come too?!?! :brainbleach:

2 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

also why the fuck am I watching Kate + 8 while waiting for Jill and Jessa: Counting on TLC money, very soooper special episode

what has my life come too?!?! :brainbleach:

Me too. This is soo boring. They bought suitcases and are now assigning  rooms in a beach house. How do people watch this? 

why watch it all? Why validate them by watching the show.  Buzzard will do a recap, and there will be clips and such posted all over the web.  I don't want TLC or the sponsors to have an hour of my time. 

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

why watch it all? Why validate them by watching the show.  Buzzard will do a recap, and there will be clips and such posted all over the web.  I don't want TLC or the sponsors to have an hour of my time. 

this is my one guilty pleasure so I am going to fully indulge, the TLC sponsors are multimillion dollar companies I doubt they will feel the absence of a couple hundred people on this forum who aren't watching. SO HELL YEAH I AM HATE WATCHING :dramallama-nanner: deal with it

5 minutes ago, TheSilverTongue said:

Me too. This is soo boring. They bought suitcases and are now assigning  rooms in a beach house. How do people watch this? 

and Kate's live tweets are just riveting :pb_rollseyes:

19 Drinking Games and Counting On...

Take a drink:

- when anyone mentions: forgiveness, sin, season of life, precious, blessing, or devastating. Note: double shots for words like adultery, cheating, Satan.

- every time J'boobie and DQ are shown.

- any time someone cries. Note: double for male tears.

- every tinge they use a euphemism to describe Joshgate 1, Joshgate 2 (I doubt they'll cover Joshgate 2.1)

- every time there is a SOTDRT linguistic, syntax, grammatical or usage error.

- chug the whole damn bottle should Joshly show up, ever. (Not too worried about this one.)

Feel free to add!

I used to watch them as guilty pleasure too.  I would tell my family I was watching them ironically, or hate watching, but now it is just all too odd, too disturbed and too sad.  I will read the recaps, but I don't need to see it.  Jessa and Jill are boring, and once the freakshow aspect and exploitation of Josh's scandal is covered,  I don't see much of interest

I think it is too bad, one of the adult children hasn't decided to leave the cult.  That would be a show I would watch.

1 minute ago, VixenToast said:

19 Drinking Games and Counting On...

Take a drink:

- when anyone mentions: forgiveness, sin, season of life, precious, blessing, or devastating. Note: double shots for words like adultery, cheating, Satan.

- every time J'boobie and DQ are shown.

- any time someone cries. Note: double for male tears.

- every tinge they use a euphemism to describe Joshgate 1, Joshgate 2 (I doubt they'll cover Joshgate 2.1)

- every time there is a SOTDRT linguistic, syntax, grammatical or usage error.

- chug the whole damn bottle should Joshly show up, ever. (Not too worried about this one.)

Feel free to add!

More drinking game:

- Any time we see Jim Bob or Michelle (isn't the whole point that they're not supposed to give publicity to the parents who facilitated the cover up)

- creepy allusions to sex that don't mention sex

-  "mistakes" being used to refer to sex crimes

- "We never claimed to be perfect"

- Media gets blamed for their problem

Archived