IGNORED

5 Myths About Saving Your Kiss for the Wedding Day

Cerealgirl

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Speaking in general and not regarding any particular individual: I really don't care at all what other people do or don't do before they get married. That's their choice, and they should do whatever fits their beliefs and their feelings about what is right for them. 

I do have an issue when people use it to make themselves appear better or to convince themselves they're holier than others who made a different choice. (And I have seen this all all sides of the spectrum - currently one of my family members is vocally looking down on a couple for deciding that moving in together before the wedding was not right for them.) It's a very personal decision, and should be treated as such, not used as a way to prove your own superiority.

Yes! This! We are too quick to judge someones decision without knowing their background and reasons for this.

On 12/19/2015 at 2:51 PM, Mercer said:

Speaking in general and not regarding any particular individual: I really don't care at all what other people do or don't do before they get married. That's their choice, and they should do whatever fits their beliefs and their feelings about what is right for them. 

I do have an issue when people use it to make themselves appear better or to convince themselves they're holier than others who made a different choice. 

One of the things I liked about this blog post was that I didn't get the impression that she was looking down on anyone who made a different choice or thinking she was better because of their approach. I imagine that's a hard balance to get right.

As far as I'm concerned, it's fine to wait if people think it's right for them; just don't make such a big deal about it that it becomes the only thing that seems to matter about the relationship.

I know I'm a little late to this topic but, to me, this woman seemed even more smug than the normal "no kissing" suspects. 

It's not enough to just do it -- you have to do it for the "right" godly reasons, like (surprise!) she did.  Then she dismisses concerns because they didn't hold true in her particular situation (or she doesn't admit them in her situation.)

anyhow I think it's crazy all the focus on male/female relationships even in the secular world. How about focusing on brains and personality instead of how a person conducts relationships or if they have one at all? I hated gettign asked about boyfriends or dating, im like ghees man is that the only thing that matters?

To each their own. If I were to do that, I wouldn't want it to be in front of everyone I know. I'd want to keep it an intimate memory between me and the new spouse, especially if it was the first time we were alone too. 

Archived