IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

On December 18, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Pseudoname said:

John has a couple of new Facebook posts up about spiritual music, and rock music.  Basically rock music (the music, not the words) is "audio sex" and the fact that many Christians have copied the rock beat into Christian music is "spiritual Adultery against God himself".

Lots of odd bits that he uses as facts to prove his point.  He is quite good a bullshitting his audience.

Hokay, I can't not read this.  Can anyone give me a link?  I've been searching high and low for this guy's blog/page and can't find anything.  I'm not usually this stoopid, but this is apparently a special case.  Contact stoopid, perhaps?  

Thanks in advance!!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virulent screeds against rock music backed up with totally BS "facts" are a Gothard thing -- likely John's pulling from ATI material in these posts. 

Those are some super timely rock quotes he's referencing!

Vince Neil! David Lee Roth! John Lennon!

The most recent quote is from "a Beastie Boys band member" in 1987.

:Kaboomm:Committing Spiritual Adultery Against God Through Rock Music is our newest post count title!

I'm a sex Goddess - I commit spiritual adultery with rock music several times a day!

How long do missions last? Will the Shraders come home at some point? Do they have a US home? 

2 hours ago, happy atheist said:

:Kaboomm:Committing Spiritual Adultery Against God Through Rock Music is our newest post count title!

Is that how Satan gets in to build a fortress around your heart, by you committing adultery against God ? Something like a spiritual STD?  I wonder if antibiotics would dissolve a Satanic fortress.

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

How long do missions last? Will the Shraders come home at some point? Do they have a US home? 

According to JohnBoy, forever. I hope the local government will have another idea and send them packing before to much longer.

No USA home. The last couple of years before moving, they were homeless. They traveled the country in a small pop-up camper.

2 minutes ago, Justme said:

According to JohnBoy, forever. I hope the local government will have another idea and send them packing before to much longer.

Wow! How scary for them to leave everything and everyone they know for no other reason than ... Jesus?  I thought they were going to be coming home at some point. Thanks for replying. 

I think that ShraderFriend told us they were planning on staying for 7 years, which would mean they plan on coming home in 2021. It makes sense - their children would be old enough to start courting, and we have to make sure they pick nice, white, fundies in the USA.

Missionaries will often come home on "furlough", every few years. This gives them a chance to have something of a break from the "mission field", but they also will go to many of their supporting churches to submit progress reports, etc. At least, that is how it was when I was growing up. I doubt things have changed all that much.

I was surprised that John came back to the US (sans family) seemingly so quickly. I wonder if he had to show up in person to rally some support.

28 minutes ago, SledCat said:

Missionaries will often come home on "furlough", every few years. This gives them a chance to have something of a break from the "mission field", but they also will go to many of their supporting churches to submit progress reports, etc. At least, that is how it was when I was growing up. I doubt things have changed all that much.

I was surprised that John came back to the US (sans family) seemingly so quickly. I wonder if he had to show up in person to rally some support.

I believe John came back so quickly because he was 'dumped' by his sending Church (over something doctrinal but I never really understood it) and the Church his Father is pastor of had to take over.  When he was back there was some kind of commissioning service. 

From reading the last thread, there seemed to be a lot of financial supporters dropping out and he was trying to drum up more support.

I'm not sure if his sister died before or after they left for Zambia (I'm thinking after as he asked people to donate to building work in her name) so maybe he was home for the funeral?  Can't quite remember.

56 minutes ago, SledCat said:

John has said he is planning to come back to America this spring for a couple of months to visit churches. He is coming by himself, though, Esther and the kids are staying in Zambia. I'm guessing it will be much harder to raise money this time around. 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John has said he is planning to come back to America this spring for a couple of months to visit churches. He is coming by himself, though, Esther and the kids are staying in Zambia. I'm guessing it will be much harder to raise money this time around. 

To me, that seems like a crazy-short time period to be coming back to the US again. If he had a solid support system of churches behind him/budget, he would not have to do that. And, why does he have his family over there with such a flimsy support system in the first place? Man, it makes me seethe.

25 minutes ago, enigmata said:

I believe John came back so quickly because he was 'dumped' by his sending Church (over something doctrinal but I never really understood it) and the Church his Father is pastor of had to take over.  When he was back there was some kind of commissioning service. 

From reading the last thread, there seemed to be a lot of financial supporters dropping out and he was trying to drum up more support.

I'm not sure if his sister died before or after they left for Zambia (I'm thinking after as he asked people to donate to building work in her name) so maybe he was home for the funeral?  Can't quite remember.

Sarah died after they came to Zambia. John did get to see her shortly before she died, when he had to go crying home to daddy. 

The basis of the doctrinal dispute: Protestants (and Baptists, because they are totes different!!!) believe people are "saved by grace". They are very against the idea that people must do good works to be saved. John preaches that repenting of sin is a requirement for salvation, and his sending churches thought that sounded suspiciously like a work, so they dropped him. Seriously, that's it. Otherwise they're fine with him being a parasite of the face of humanity. 

9 minutes ago, SledCat said:

To me, that seems like a crazy-short time period to be coming back to the US again. If he had a solid support system of churches behind him/budget, he would not have to do that. And, why does he have his family over there with such a flimsy support system in the first place? Man, it makes me seethe.

I can't help but think how Esther must feel. She was supposed to be having a support system there in Zambia with the whole "team" that included Rea's wife. Instead she has no one but John and he appears to be worse than useless. She seems to "keep sweet" but I wonder how she really feels about all this. 

8 minutes ago, SledCat said:

Specially when your "beloved" wife is pregnant 

and about the whole rock music being so evil. I'd so much rather listen two hours of rock music than listen 10 seconds of this whiny missionary brat.

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I can't help but think how Esther must feel. She was supposed to be having a support system there in Zambia with the whole "team" that included Rea's wife. Instead she has no one but John and he appears to be worse than useless. She seems to "keep sweet" but I wonder how she really feels about all this. 

Their quality of life seems to be better since they have moved to Zambia.  Esther isn't trying to wrangle eleventymillion kids in a pop up camper.  They have had actual houses since they moved, so that alone has to make Esther feel a bit more secure, I would think.  

Since John is grifter extraordinaire, she has actual appliances, including a freezer, I think.   John seemed to keep her pretty isolated when they were in the US, so I would not be surprised if she actually has more friends or at least people she can talk to, etc with the local women.

So I wouldn't be surprised if she was happy where she is and feels relatively secure even when John is on his grifting trips back in the US.   Just having John be away would be a big stress reliever, IMO.   She already has enough kids.  She doesn't need to be waiting hand and foot on her useless husband, as well.

7 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

I'm a sex Goddess - I commit spiritual adultery with rock music several times a day!

Do you wear your snazzy XGay Greg blazer while listening to the Devil's music? :wink-kitty:

The question I guess I have is: does Esther have the resources, if she wanted to, to travel/move? If she does have the resources, I'm cool with her staying put. If not... I think that is murky territory. John is free to travel wherever he wants, apparently. Esther seems to be stuck. That doesn't sit well with me.

This spring?  When is Esther due?

She was four months in November, so she's due in April?  So he's leaving a heavily pregnant wife?  Or going after the baby is born and leaving her with a newborn?  So much WTF...

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived