IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

What is a Timothy House?

In Shrader-speak something about teaching.  Shrader's life verse is II Timothy 2:2: "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is correct. He purchased the land next to the place he was renting. He then dug a well and started building a "Timothy House", bathrooms and showers. He was warned by a Zambian missionary about purchasing land at one point but John brushed off all the concerns. 

Yep.  That was Bobby Bonner who should know what he is talking about.

So when/how can we expect the Zambian government to come knocking on ole Johnny's door?  How was the sale allowed in the first place?   I admit I've never bought land, but it seemed like when we bought our house we had to hash out all the details and somehow the county was informed because we got tax information and all that jazz.

Since Zambia has laws about who can and can't own land, is there no kind of oversight before a sale? Not that I don't think John is above skirting those types of things, mind you.

I'm not advocating this, but what if the Zambian government is notified of the purchase (I assume they will eventually find out at some point anyway)?

I'm guessing that once John gets the well up and going that there is going to be a hell of a lot of hard feeling between him and the guy he is putting out of business. I would guess that once that happens, Zambian officials will start taking a long hard look at John. 

8 minutes ago, Curious said:

So when/how can we expect the Zambian government to come knocking on ole Johnny's door?  How was the sale allowed in the first place?   I admit I've never bought land, but it seemed like when we bought our house we had to hash out all the details and somehow the county was informed because we got tax information and all that jazz.

Since Zambia has laws about who can and can't own land, is there no kind of oversight before a sale? Not that I don't think John is above skirting those types of things, mind you.

I'm not advocating this, but what if the Zambian government is notified of the purchase (I assume they will eventually find out at some point anyway)?

What FG said.

I sincerely doubt that John checks the rules and regulations or thinks about them - because God.  Technically, he (as a foreign national) cannot purchase land. It could have been bought it legally if his "church" is either 1) a cooperative with primarily Zambian national participants or 2) a Trust - run by Zambians.  Somehow I don't think John would be capable of the paperwork for setting that up, even if his ego would have allowed it.

Pure speculation - 3 primary possibilities:

1) Neighbor man will blow the whistle because he is losing income due to John's free water project.

2) The land purchase was actually legally put in the Zambian converts' names and Bros Kennedy and Roderick fire John's sorry ass once they get tired of him. 

3)  The seller turns up and says that he merely leased them the land because obviously it would be illegal to sell to John and evicts him forthwith.

Shrader is a twit.

Good grief. I hope John isn't relying on Daddy Shrader to help him out of this potential hole, because this sounds like a very complicated issue. I just hope John's risky decisions won't cause harm to his wife or children.

Following on from what @Palimpsest summarised, here are the actual regulations regarding purchase of land by foreigners in Zambia.  There are other options as well, but it is highly unlikely that John could have managed it through those.

http://www.chaseveritt.co.zm/nonres.shp

Trust

A non-Zambian can own property if it is a non-profit making charitable, religious, educational or philanthropic organisation or institution which is registered and approved by the Minister of Lands. 

The Trustees apply to the Minister of Lands stating the objectives of the trust and submit the trust deed.  The application must also include the personal details of the trustees and a description of the land that is to be held by the trust. 

The application fee is approximately $25 and the registration process takes between 14 – 30 days.

Cooperative

A non-Zambian entity can own land if is a registered co-operative society and less than 25% of the members are non-Zambians 

Any ten or more people with common needs can register a co-operative.  They submit a business plan and a constitution outlining their vision, mission and by-laws to the Registrar of Societies. 

The applicants submit their personal details while foreigners have to attach their entry/work permits as well as their residential and postal addresses.  

The application fee is approximately $10 and the registration process takes between 30 – 90 days.

So I presume this is how John did it?  Has he set up a proper trust though, I can't imagine that they could organise a proper co-operative, that means sharing amongst members, and John seems too covetous to want to share much other than Jesus with the locals.

Here are the Conveyancing processes that take place when purchasing/selling land in Zambia.

http://www.chaseveritt.co.zm/bond_registration_process.shp

if done this way, there is no likelihood that there is a miscommunication between seller and John as to whether the property was sold, or just leased to John.  But again, how likely is John to go through all the hoops and get every contract properly signed etc.  He didn't seemed to have bothered when he bought the plane.

(I assume that like Australia, Zambians use Conveyancing agents, (who specialize in real estate law without being a lawyer) to handle most real estate transactions.  Only adding this, because I had never heard of conveyancers when I lived in Canada, please forgive me if this is common knowledge)

I guess there is a possibility he properly set up a trust, but he didn't even get his visas sorted out before hopping on a plane to Zambia, so I kind of doubt it. I can't find the post now on his FB page where the other Zambian missionary warned him about buying property, but that guy didn't seem to think that John was going about it the proper way either. 

John has a couple of new Facebook posts up about spiritual music, and rock music.  Basically rock music (the music, not the words) is "audio sex" and the fact that many Christians have copied the rock beat into Christian music is "spiritual Adultery against God himself".

Lots of odd bits that he uses as facts to prove his point.  He is quite good a bullshitting his audience.

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

What FG said.

I sincerely doubt that John checks the rules and regulations or thinks about them - because God.  Technically, he (as a foreign national) cannot purchase land. It could have been bought it legally if his "church" is either 1) a cooperative with primarily Zambian national participants or 2) a Trust - run by Zambians.  Somehow I don't think John would be capable of the paperwork for setting that up, even if his ego would have allowed it.

Pure speculation - 3 primary possibilities:

1) Neighbor man will blow the whistle because he is losing income due to John's free water project.

2) The land purchase was actually legally put in the Zambian converts' names and Bros Kennedy and Roderick fire John's sorry ass once they get tired of him. 

3)  The seller turns up and says that he merely leased them the land because obviously it would be illegal to sell to John and evicts him forthwith.

Shrader is a twit.

I can absolutely see #3 happening. The guy's just waiting for John to sink all that money into building the structure.

I have no doubt that John will slither out of whatever the consequences are, though. Worst case (for him), he has to pull trust documents together at the last minute and then harass whoever he can to get them pushed through after the fact. I can only hope the guy who "sold" him the land is some hotshot Zambian attorney or already has friends in high places.

I suspect that if he didn't do it correctly he will manage to slither out of dealing with the consequences too. Daddy will cough up some money to pay off somebody to make sure John gets his "Timothy House" and so that churches don't realize John is fucking stupid. 

This is my response to his music posts.

This song made my grandpa quite angry when it came out in the seventies. I wonder how much it would irritate John. I don't want to post it on his facebook page myself since I don't have a fake account.

Lyrics to Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music

I want the people to know that he saved my soul
But I still like to listen to the radio.
They say rock 'n' roll is wrong, we'll give you one more chance.

I say I feel so good I gotta get up and dance.

I know what's right, I know what's wrong, I don't confuse it.
All I'm really trying to say
Is why should the devil have all the good music?
I feel good every day
'Cause Jesus is the rock and he rolled my blues away.

They say to cut my hair, they're driving me insane,
I grew it out long to make room for my brain.
But sometimes people don't understand,
What's a good boy doing in a rock 'n' roll band?

There's nothing wrong with playing blues licks,
But if you got a reason tell me to my face
Why should the devil have all the good music.
There's nothing wrong with what I play
'Cause Jesus is the rock and he rolled my blues away.

I ain't knocking the hymns,
Just give me a song that has a beat.
I ain't knocking the hymns,
Just give me a song that moves my feet.
I don't like none of those funeral marches
I ain't dead yet!

Jesus told the truth, Jesus showed the way
There's one more thing I'd like to say.
They nailed him to the cross, they laid him in the ground,
But they shoulda known you can't keep a good man down.

I feel good every day, I don't wanna lose it.
All I wanna, all I wanna know
Is why should the devil have all the good music.
I've been filled, I feel okay,
Jesus is the rock and he rolled my blues
Jesus is the rock and he rolled my blues
Jesus is the rock and he rolled my blues away

Musings about Music to Meditate on

He is basically just repeating Gothard's teachings on rock music. 

Science has demonstrated that the Rock "beat" is literally counter to the very rhythm of our God designed heart, which produces a physiological response. Rats lose cognitive function the longer they are exposed to it, etc. The studies are there for those seeking the truth of what the ancient Greeks knew thousands of years ago.

The Greeks called it illegal, and would literally jail one who composed such music. The reason? They said it was "tyrannizing (sp?) to the people"

Let me close by asking you a Q in return. Can you show me in the Bible where God legitimizes, endorses, or encourages a believer to copy the lost, unbelieving world?

Where does John draw the line with "copying" the lost, unbelieving world? What about those pants and jeans John wears? They aren't in the Bible. They are fairly modern clothes, so what makes them biblically okay? Does he have a verse to support copying the clothing of the lost, unbelieving world? What about cars, trucks, troopies?! Are those okay to copy? Electronics? How does John pick and choose what worldly thing to copy and what worldly thing to ignore? 

I. get. so. tired. of this stupid argument from fundies and from uptight mainline conservative Christians about "rock-n-roll" rhythms and instrumentation in Christian music.  

Drums are supposedly evil.  Really?  What makes them evil?  The material they're made from?  The mallets with which they are played?  The fact that they might be loud at times?  That drums are members of the percussion family, the family that also gives us chimes (church bells, anyone?), the marimba, the glockenspiel, cymbals (Remember David in Psalms mentioning praising God on the high-sounding cymbals?), the timpani, the harp (Again, with David in the Psalms...), and--GASP!--the piano!

Guitars are tools of the devil.  Hmmm...the lyre is the precursor to the guitar.  The "harp" David played was likely a lyre.  The guitar can belong to either the percussion or the string family.  Are violins, violas, cellos, and double basses tools of the devil?  Missionaries can carry guitars to areas where other instruments cannot be taken, logistically.

The organ, that holy, sacred, pinnacle of traditional Christian worship was once considered evil and had no place in the church.  Hmmm....

Fundies like John and his ilk:  It's OK to listen to classical music, composed by lying, adulterous, fornicating STD carriers but not to  the testimony of a life-changing experience with God someone put to words and sung about while playing a guitar with drum accompaniment.  

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

He is basically just repeating Gothard's teachings on rock music. 

Where does John draw the line with "copying" the lost, unbelieving world? What about those pants and jeans John wears? They aren't in the Bible. They are fairly modern clothes, so what makes them biblically okay? Does he have a verse to support copying the clothing of the lost, unbelieving world? What about cars, trucks, troopies?! Are those okay to copy? Electronics? How does John pick and choose what worldly thing to copy and what worldly thing to ignore? 

Brava, @formergothardite !  He DOES pick and choose.  It's John's gospel (not to be confused with the Gospel according to St. John).  These are not his own original thoughts.  This is rhetoric that was shoved down his throat that he is now trying to shove down the throats of others.  

Isn't it interesting how he posted just recently about his sinfulness..then, almost in the next breath, gets all legalistic about music?  I'd like to see experiments done with rats listening to John's fake Zambian accent or to his accordion playing and see what the results are...except I would hate for those innocent animals to die for the sake of science.

His "arguments" are so Goat-herd.  We know that Billyboy makes up his own science and research to support his lame arguments.

This is why I am on FJ as a Christian.  John makes all Christians look like stupid, brainless, ignorant, self-centered, blind goats to people who might lump all Christians into the same category.  

Does anyone have any studies about rats and rock music or the Greeks jailing people who played a rock beat? Both are things Gothard taught, but I don't think he listed any research either. It was kind of like his mysterious Jewish doctor who said there are no mental illnesses just varying degrees of selfish people. He would never give the name of this doctor. 

The only study I can find about rats and rock music was done by a student. 

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Does anyone have any studies about rats and rock music or the Greeks jailing people who played a rock beat?

I especially like the authenticity of the ancient Greeks jailing those who played rock music.

Alas, the consequences back then of playing rock music were dire:

56742b350876b_images(11).jpg.43e21d302dd

A quote from John's first facebook post: "The underlying rhythms and beats of Rock music was imported from African Satanic worship".

Do you think he is saying this kind of thing when he is preaching to his current flock? I find this disturbing on multiple levels.

I wonder if he will pull out the old backmasking canard next. That was popular when we were being taught that "rock music" was evil. :5624796561914_BlueNoes:

John has started in on Christmas trees(they are pagan) and Star Wars(it is actually a Satanic movie because witches say 'may the force be with you'") With as much time as he spends on FB, there is no excuse for him taking so long to send out a September newsletter! None. And when the hell is he out training men, printing, and being a missionary? 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How does John pick and choose what worldly thing to copy and what worldly thing to ignore? 

Easy. He copies the worldly things that are convenient for him. He ignores the worldly things that aren't as important to him so he can look oh-so-special and holy.

What verses in the Bible talk about accordions?

I'd love to see a schedule for Shrader's church. Friday nights are usually a busy one for fundie churches: AWANA style groups for the kiddies; youth group, etc. Yet, John seems to be hanging out on the internets. You don't need to be in Zambia for that, surely.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John has started in on Christmas trees(they are pagan) and Star Wars(it is actually a Satanic movie because witches say 'may the force be with you'") 

I can just hear him speaking out about it in a video, in his fake accent:

Stah Woahs eez a very bed movie becooz Satan eez pohtrehed by eeevil peepul een ungoadly costooms. When dey sey: "Mey de Foos bee with Yooo" dey are really seying: "Satan eez de rulah and yooo must wuhship heeem."  I sey, "Mey Goad beee with yoooo and mey yoooo alwehz read de Keeeng Jehms Bible and neveh, eveh leesen to Roak and Roal moosik, which eez also from de devil heeemself.

Now, excuse me while I tehk time to poast theez on Fehsboook.

On 12/17/2015 at 1:17 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Well, I for one had no idea that British English is exclusively spoken with a fake Zambian accent.  I'm going to call up all my British relatives and tell them they're speaking incorrectly...

The more I think on this, the more it irritates me. No John, you're fucking not speaking "British English". As has already been mentioned, you are not using any of the typical British vocab. And you don't have a British accent...because why the hell would you? You haven't been in Britain for the last year and a half, you've been in Zambia. You sound like you're mocking the accents of the people around you, and we know you're being completely fake because you don't have the accent when you're making videos that aren't about Zambia. STAHP IT.

1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

You sound like you're mocking the accents of the people around you, and we know you're being completely fake because you don't have the accent when you're making videos that aren't about Zambia. STAHP IT.

:Yes:

Only an idiot would do this rather than try to learn the local language.

A missionary who truly loved the people where he lives would learn to communicate with them in their own common language.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived