IGNORED

Mom Gets Backlash for 638263848362 Christmas Gifts

FundieFarmer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

It was not. It was general. I just find formulas to be unnecessary and often stifling. Common sense works just as well. And circumstances and needs change all the time. Everyone on anyone's Christmas list is different, too. 

OK - thanks for clarifying what works for you.

I would neverrrrrrrrr spend 2k on presents unless it was going towards some type of big family vacation present where other people were chipping in too. I usually spend a couple hundred, but then I'm buying for my boyfriend, his parents, his sister, my parents, and my 3 nieces/nephews.

Also,50 gifts for 3 people? All I can think of is.....I have trouble thinking of even so much as 3 things to get each person in my family! Let alone 50 every year? LOL!

This looks like a years worth of  the socks, underwear, tshirts sold in multi packs and wrapped individually for each member of the family kind of bragging. As well as pyjamas, pants, skirts, tshirts, sweaters and whatever else clothing a family needs throughout the year bought all at once and individually wrapped. If so, this will be the dullest Christmas morning the kids will have. Yeesh. I recall getting pyjamas at Christmas and other clothes but they were never font and centre of the tree. Actual cool presents like board games, ice skates, and stuffed animals were the very first things unwrapped. I cannot image having to unwrap a pair of socks and then another pair of socks then a pair of underwear followed by socks and then an undershirt and... well, you get the picture. Do they take a break for food? Phase One clear out of torn off wrapping? My godmother gave her kids on their birthdays their good clothes for the coming school year and I thought that was pretty dull. 

I hope they have a cat or two that will get to play in the discarded paper and ribbons. 

Archived