IGNORED

What's Up With the Mortons?

nelliebelle1197

Just checking in on the Mortons. Anyone have a clue why Addie deleted the entire year 2015 except for Andrew and Kennedy's engagement pics? Am I crazy? Weren't there lots of posts - well, lots in context  of Addie's recent radio silence? I remember some trips  to Florida,  Kennedy's family moving back from Korea, lots on Marth and Taaaaaayteee, scrumptiously delicious babies, antiquing, her parents' anniversary... but all I see is an engagement post for Andrew and Christmas 2014. Did I really meld two years together or has she deleted a ton?

Wow. I don't remember any of those posts! I thought she'd been silent pretty much all of 2015. Her Instagram was public for a while. Maybe that's where you caught all of thos happenings?

I think you're remembering Instagram, facebook, or something else. The Morton Blog has only been updated once this year. The events you've mentioned were never covered on the blog, though I'm still hoping that "daddy" gets around to posting that letter Addie mentioned.  

I guess I am living in 2014, because I don't use instagram! I am not kidding! I really must be remember last year. I am old.

Yes! I'm so glad you started this topic! I just emerged from the morton "rabbit hole" and I was disappointed to see the other Morton discussion had just been archived. 

WOW. They are amazing! Honestly after all those posts, though, i think the craziest post was where they were talking about rachel's first delivery and how everyone was praying that wesley would make the right call about whether or not to send her to the hospital. rather than asking, you know, the person in need of medical services how she felt. 

i have to admit i have become very invested in addie's story - will she find prince charming?! or happiness in the form of some independence? i just hope she doesn't go the way of sarah maxwell! how does one continue to follow the mortons now that the blog has gone silent? have they made the move to paraguay yet? 

10 hours ago, Seven Severn said:

You know they're in Paraguay, right? Nearly the whole fam damily is down there and won't be back in Georgia until Spring. Addie even took her sewing machine as a carry-on.

ETA: Here's the link for the Paraguay discussion: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24413-mortons-headed-to-paraguay/?page=1

Yes, heck, I did know that. I swear I am losing my mind! I had totally forgotten. I think I am just missing Addie.

13 minutes ago, DaffyDill said:

I don't know much about the Mortons, are they worth heading down a rabbit hole for?

Well, if you do, you'll be getting three fundie families (Morton + Sanders + Smith) for the price of one dive into the rabbit hole!

:pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, if you do, you'll be getting three fundie families (Morton + Sanders + Smith) for the price of one dive into the rabbit hole!

:pb_lol:

Yes! I found a thread called Morton Family Tree, so will have to keep that in the back of my mind...so many Mortons, and Smiths and Sanderseses.....

10 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

I don't know much about the Mortons, are they worth heading down a rabbit hole for?

Worth it. 

I miss the Mortons too. They no longer post about the NYE Ball, wonder what NYE in Paraguay will be like.....

I know they're fundies, and I know they live and breathe the patriarchy crap, but still, isn't Addie so awesome in her posts and descriptions of what is going on? She has this infectious quality to her.

I really, really hope she finds someone wonderful to marry, and doesn't end up like Poor Sarah.

7 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

for anyone who follows their private IGs - have there been any updates lately?

I posted in the Paraguay thread (didn't realize it had been archived):

Addie and company have posted a handful of pictures displaying Christmas ornaments and the like while commenting on the novelty of having Christmas in summer. She suggested earlier that they would have limited access to the internet, and posts they make are stamped (not the right term, sorry) from Filadelfia, which may shed a bit of light on their exact location.

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Filadelfia is where the Mennonite Fernheim Colony is located.

Huh. Sounds like the whole community is Mennonite. To what extent is the Morton religion compatible with that of the Mennonites, I wonder? 

1. The first three pages of the "Upcoming Baby Season" thread is all about the Mortons because everyone's pregnant( except Rachel and Martha).

2. Sam and Alyssa are getting married in late March.

Addie said she missed blogging, so I hope we get updates when the Mortons return in the spring.

8 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Huh. Sounds like the whole community is Mennonite. To what extent is the Morton religion compatible with that of the Mennonites, I wonder? 

I have asked myself the exact same question.

Michael and Jeanine have also arrived in Paraguay, BTW.

8 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Gotta wonder since these are people who most likely don't believe that either Catholics or Mormons are real Christians.

Edwin posted from a Christmas concert. Is that Plattdeutsch on the wall? They're totally hanging out with the Mennonites, right? When I read up on Mennonites in the Chaco, I figured the Mortons were just there for agricultural reasons. I would also expect a language barrier; now I'm just :confusion-shrug:

Edwin, Sam, and John's intsas are all public, btw, as far as I can tell. Addie is still private.

9 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Edwin posted from a Christmas concert. Is that Plattdeutsch on the wall?

No, it's german.

Plautdietsch is the German dialect that Mennonites speak :pb_smile:

I would imagine that they have gotten to know the mennos while learning about farming in the area. I think that some of the family is planning to move there permanently eventually and farm (see previous thread). But I wonder why a family that has such a blog/social media presence has been so quiet about this whole thing. Surely it's been in the works for years, seems odd that they have never openly mentioned it.

I remember a while back there was some speculation that Addie was dating Hunter Kendall based on some instagram photos. Then he said that he would be working in some other state until spring. Is it possible that they really are courting and plan to get back back together when they finish their respective travels?

22 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Plautdietsch is the German dialect that Mennonites speak :pb_smile:

Yes, but as Drunkenbutterfly said, the writing in that Christmas concert picture is just regular ol' German.

On 12/14/2015 at 4:05 PM, halcionne said:

Edwin posted from a Christmas concert. Is that Plattdeutsch on the wall? They're totally hanging out with the Mennonites, right? When I read up on Mennonites in the Chaco, I figured the Mortons were just there for agricultural reasons. I would also expect a language barrier; now I'm just :confusion-shrug:

Edwin, Sam, and John's intsas are all public, btw, as far as I can tell. Addie is still private.

The comments on this pic are pretty funny - it's all the other s'mortons! martha is just as starved for info as we are, apparently, ha. 

also, i find it interesting that kressant commented asking edwin to "ask dad to call mike". i wonder if she calls the morton padre dad?? that seems odd. hmm.

Capture.JPG

Archived