IGNORED

GirlDefined - fundie-girls-website?

Iamhispurity

What is it with these people and comparing everyone to Hitler?

From the post "Why Thousands of Women Are Shouting Their Abortions":

When a woman dismisses the idea of God from her life, she does exactly what Hitler did. She becomes her own god. She is now her highest authority. She is now her moral compass. She is now the one who decides right from wrong.

She rules her life from an autonomous throne whose greatest interest is personal happiness.

And this is exactly why these women are shouting their abortion to the world. They’re saying, “My choice!” “My happiness first.” “My life!” “My rules!” “My morals!” “And don’t you dare shame me for it!”

Wow. Just...wow. This girl is a piece of work.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM, SledCat said:

On their "Meet Us" page, they have a photo of themselves as younger kids titled Two Heads, One Brain. :my_confused: Struck me as a rather unfortunate caption.

Having spent the last couple of days down this rabbit hole, I believe they have given themselves way too much credit with that caption.

16 hours ago, Sobeknofret said:

So whyyyyyy doesn't she go to a doctor? It might be something as simple as taking meds to regulate hormones. But then again, that wouldn't be leaving your family size up to the Lord, would it? :my_rolleyes:

Or it might be something serious that needs treatment. Why is God seen as a fix-all? That is a very modern view.

13 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Goodness gracious. Saying that the choice to dismiss God equates you to Hitler is quite a stretch.

I kind of love when people who probably have quite anti-Semitic/anti-Ziganistic/homophobic/racist/anti-free speech views compare everyone and everything to Hitler. If you smell shit everywhere you go, check your shoes.

There is no way in hell, if the "prostitute" was even real (a real person or an actual prostitute), she thanked her for giving her a tract. It didn't happen. 

18 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

There is no way in hell, if the "prostitute" was even real (a real person or an actual prostitute), she thanked her for giving her a tract. It didn't happen. 

I agree.  No way is someone going to be so forthcoming about an illegal activity with a complete stranger that they met in a coffee shop.  For goodness sakes, prostitutes don't even tell their johns outright that they're prostitutes, it's just tacitly implied with language like "want a date?" and so on.  Given the fundie penchant for exaggeration, it was probably just a college student living with her boyfriend or something.

Great.. another rabbit hole. Oh well. It gives me something to do on this 10 hour shift.

Did anybody else read how they tried to venture into modeling? I guess that's just another industry ran by Satan himself.

Maybe the "prostitute" was someone with a sense of humor who decided to have some fun with the crazy fundy chick she met at the coffee shop. She probably went home and told everyone "Hey! I met this girl. Guess what she thought I did for a living? Must have been my leggings and tshirt - but yeah, she thought I was a hooker! How great is that? I played along, got this funny tract and made her day. She thought she saved me. Bwhaaaaa!"

Or something like that...:pb_razz:

On December 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Sobeknofret said:

http://www.girldefined.com/christian-girls-wear-modest-workout-clothes

As a competitive swimmer, and the parent of a competitive swimmer, I want to scream. At least she didn't advise the other girl to just wear modest swimwear and witness to the harlots on the  swim team that way.

Did you notice how that "I'm a gymnast, what should I do?" Question came from Mary Lou. :pb_lol: now I'm just picturing a young Mary Lou Retton agonizing over her immodest leotard. 

Also: what the hell is that girl doing running 16 miles in 100 degree+ heat? Does she have a death wish? Get up earlier, lady. You crazy. 

The bikini has single handedly destroyed the moral compass of the average woman today.

Yes, single-handedly.  Not the decline of the church, the rise of secularism, feminism, the sexual revolution, the pill, women in the workforce, or women going to college.  Just the evil bikini, single-handedly making us all sluts, murderers, arsonists, and burglars.  :pb_rollseyes:  For this website supposedly being about uplifting girls and young women, it sure does a good job making us sound terrible.

It’s now considered totally normal for women (and men) to swim nude in Europe.

Oh noes!  No wonder Europe is such a cesspool of morally broken individuals!  Never mind that they've taken in millions of refugees and have much lower violent crime rates, they swim in the nude, people!! 

http://www.girldefined.com/bikini-destroying-christian-girls-view-modesty

And lest you think that modesty is just for the ladies, here's a helpful post about keeping your shirt on, guys.  The Victorians did it, so it should be good enough for you.  Heck, with that sort of logic we should all be sending the poor to almshouses and having surgery without anesthesia because that's godly, too!  Funny how shirtlessness didn't single-handedly destroy men's moral compasses, though.

http://www.girldefined.com/shirtless-guys-christian-girl

7 hours ago, KylieJenner said:

Great.. another rabbit hole. Oh well. It gives me something to do on this 10 hour shift.

Did anybody else read how they tried to venture into modeling? I guess that's just another industry ran by Satan himself.

Yeah, modeling agencies were wanting them to dress in skimpy clothes like heathens. And it was their Mom who was encouraging them to get into modeling, and also who encouraged them to play sports. The read I'm getting on these girls is that they decided on their own somewhere along the way to become more fundie than they were raised. Bethany has written about how she didn't dress very modestly as a teen, but she also penned a very mean spirited blog post essentially slut shaming every woman she saw in Chicago for not dressing as modestly as she does. It seems like somewhere in their late teens these two went off the deep end.

And that "the bikini has single handedly destroyed the moral compass of the average woman" line had me rolling. Single handedly! These girls, Kristen especially, make such broad generalizations unabashedly.  

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The stupidity of this blog is both a riot and terribly depressing. 

It's scary reading the comments, and see how many others agree with them. It's also great when you happen upon a comment where they get some push back, too.

Rachel became curious with the world and wanted to try a few things out herself. One party led to the next, one bar led to another, and one guy led to a night of serious consequences. Her promiscuous behavior landed her with a tiny, innocent baby inside her womb. Nobody told her this was going to happen.

Well, golly-gee, maybe that was part of the problem.  If someone had explained sex to her and taught her how to use protection, maybe it wouldn't have happened.  The stupid, it burns.

9 hours ago, AbandonAllHope said:

Well, golly-gee, maybe that was part of the problem.  If someone had explained sex to her and taught her how to use protection, maybe it wouldn't have happened.  The stupid, it burns.

Rachel became curious with the world and wanted to try a few things out herself. One party led to the next, one bar led to another, and one guy led to a night of serious consequences. Her promiscuous behavior landed her with a tiny, innocent baby inside her womb. Nobody told her this was going to happen.

Is if just me, or do those girls known an awful lot about the dating and sex life of Rachel?  Methinks Rachel is made up.

Also nice try only calling the girl promiscuous for a night of sex.

44 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

Is if just me, or do those girls known an awful lot about the dating and sex life of Rachel?  Methinks Rachel is made up.

Also nice try only calling the girl promiscuous for a night of sex.

Yeah, they begin a lot of their blog posts like this. Write about "Rachel" or "Emily" or "Stephanie" and describe her sinful behavior, followed by paragraphs of insufferable preaching. The girl is totally made up. I remember reading a lot of things like this in Sunday school, that began with a story about "Rachel" and then turned into a sermon about why "Rachel" is bad. I think I just had a revelation about why these girls give me the heebie jeebies: They're stirring up memories of Southern Baptist Sunday School!

49 minutes ago, JaChelle Sugar said:

And of course, multiple parties, multiple bars and sex with one person one night = promiscuous.

Dear lord, if they saw what I was up to in college...

46 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Dear lord, if they saw what I was up to in college...

I don't think they could believe some of the places I've been in exist.  I will wear whatever badge they want to throw my way with honor since it means that I have been empowered enough to take control of my body and do what I want with it without pressure or shame. 

Archived