• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Yep! Apparently the latest Kim/Kanye spawn is going to be called Saint. Only a smidge better than, say, South, but ridiculous nonetheless. Given Kanye's self-absorbed-ness, it's kind of fitting.

JoyfullyUnavailable

That poor child on so many levels.

19 cats and counting

Watch this kid turn out to be anything but a saint.  I can see it in 18 years when the tabloids dub him 'Wild West' after he's caught with hookers and coke.  

HarryPotterFan

Naming your child Saint takes a lot more hubris than it does to expect your infant to grow up to become the next great missionary/preacher...

Edited by HarryPotterFan

Imagine20

Sounds like the name of a city.

Considering he called himself Yeezus, I expected nothing less.

Cleopatra7
9 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Naming your child Saint takes a lot more hubris than it does to expect your infant to grow up to become the next great missionary/preacher...

I used to know a boy named Messiah, and he was quite well-spoken and well-grounded. Of course, in his case he had parents with the right priorities, whereas poor Saint West is deficient in that area.

Rachel333

So, what do you all think... better or worse than Spurgeon?

Mischievous
ADoyle90815

I'm surprised they didn't name that child South myself, since they have one with the name North.

nst
12 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

So, what do you all think... better or worse than Spurgeon?

I would take Saint over Spurgeon any day - Spurgeon is just wrong - Saint they can get away with because they are so rich and calculating - opposed to Spurgeon's parents who are just cultist and crazy. 

Waffle Time
mango_fandango
1 hour ago, nst said:

I would take Saint over Spurgeon any day - Spurgeon is just wrong - Saint they can get away with because they are so rich and calculating - opposed to Spurgeon's parents who are just cultist and crazy. 

I agree. Spurgeon looks and sounds horrible. Saint is just plain stupid.

Mercer

So in the unlikely event their child is ever canonized, would he be Saint Saint?

TXGirlInAMaterialWorld

Still better than Spurgeon....  But I think they should have named him "St." and just said they pronounce it Saint.  I mean if you are going to for strange- go full out. 

AmazonGrace

How do they discipline the child? Saint, you're being naughty?

Childless

It sounds like a Caribbean island.  "We're going to Saint West on holiday.  Our flight leaves in four hours."

Meh
Cactus

Still a better love story than Twilight name than Spurgeon.

(But not by much)

Jingerbread

I think this is an ego stroke for Kanye.  He thinks so highly of himself, so Saint West might be like Mr. West, only with the honorific of Saint.

WhiteRun

Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy named his son Saint a year ago. 
And a young Kim K was the in FOBs music video for Thnks r th Mmrs.
Can't wait for the new generation of kids named Saint (serious sarcasm)

Fundie Bunny
1 hour ago, WhiteRun said:

Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy named his son Saint a year ago. 
And a young Kim K was the in FOBs music video for Thnks r th Mmrs.
Can't wait for the new generation of kids named Saint (serious sarcasm)

Shit i forgot about that. 2007 was a weirder time.

Eternalbluepearl

Kanye and Kim are so odd together. Does anyone else get the feeling that they have zero chemistry with each other? Like I don't believe they even like each other. The whole thing seems so staged. Kanye creeps me out and Kim seems so vacant. 

Mischievous
LadyCrow1313
11 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Watch this kid turn out to be anything but a saint.  I can see it in 18 years when the tabloids dub him 'Wild West' after he's caught with hookers and coke.  

Same thing could apply to North, too. I first thought that her name was ridiculous, but it's not so bad now. Saint, on the other hand, is just plain silly.

19 cats and counting
5 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Same thing could apply to North, too. I first thought that her name was ridiculous, but it's not so bad now. Saint, on the other hand, is just plain silly.

But North is a direction, not a religious icon.  (Although not my taste, North is a perfectly lovely name without the last name West).  Sure North could turn out to be Wild West (my pick for the name) but she doesn't have a name to live up to.

Usually the term saint refers to either a religious icon or someone who is generally admired ('you have the patience of a saint').  That's a lot in a name to live up to.

2xx1xy1JD

I knew kids named Captain and Major.  Their father was a disturbed asswipe (and also my local Member of Parliament).

TXGirlInAMaterialWorld

I knew a boy named Chaos- he was named after his fathers favorite rodeo bull. 

Happy
PennySycamore
5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Kanye and Kim are so odd together. Does anyone else get the feeling that they have zero chemistry with each other? Like I don't believe they even like each other. The whole thing seems so staged. Kanye creeps me out and Kim seems so vacant. 

I've seen pictures of Kim wearing clothes that Kanye has apparently "designed" and not only are they extremely unflattering, but she looks very unhappy in the pictures, like she realizes just how ridiculous she appears. The outfits are skin-tight and nude colored and she looks pretty much like she forgot to get dressed.  What kind of man would do that to the woman he loves?  Annette de la Renta always looked lovely because Oscar dressed her in something exquisite.