IGNORED

Liberty University President: If More People Had Concealed Guns, 'We Could End Those Muslims'

doggie

Love they neighbor unless he is a muslim as usual. of course I did not mean it that way. a christian school with guns who christ like. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/liberty-university-president-guns_566348bfe4b08e945fefc8a0?utm_hp_ref=tw

The president of Liberty University urged students at the Christian school to carry concealed weapons on campus to counter any possible armed attack like the mass killings in San Bernardino, Calif.

"Let's teach them a lesson if they ever show up here," President Jerry Falwell Jr. told students at a convocation Friday.

The call-to-arms was met with rousing applause from students, but some said Falwell went too far when he appeared to be referring specifically to Muslims, the News & Advance reported.

"I've always thought if more good people had concealed carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walked in," Falwell said.

Questioned by a student on social media, Falwell said he was referring to Islamic extremists.

"I was referring to 'those Muslims' that just carried out attacks in Paris and California," he said in response on Twitter.

I'm sure he means only when they show up  and do evil things like inflame others into acts of violence against a certain group of people based on a generalized and incredibly biased view that is being fed to them by influential people in their life and on TV and stuff like that too. Yeeeep.

Do you think they ever realize how similar they sound like to the people they hate so much when they say stupid shit like this or if they just live in blissful ignorance forever?

Really. What a complete dick. 

(Thanks, @doggie, for bringing an ad for Liberty University with your post. I will now flag it as 'irrelevant', or perhaps 'inappropriate', I can't decide!)

I just heard about this. Apparently, before he "clarified" (ie backpeddled), there was a great deal of agreement and applause from the student body as well.

But it's the Christians who are being persecuted. Obviously. [/sarcasm]

I don't know which is worse - saying those things in the first place or then backpeddling as fast as possible when you realise your statement isn't popular. I dont' agree one bit with the comment and I think it is terrible but If those are your beliefs and your opinions, then own them. Don't start changing them to make yourself look like less of a twat.  That ship has sailed my friend, may as well stand behind what you said. 

I believe certain right wing politicians and religious leaders would be able to use a campus shooting by some ISIS sympathizer at a Christian university to their own political ends.  I doubt many/most ISIS followers had ever heard of Liberty University if they don't live nearby. Why suggest arming your students if you aren't doing it for publicity?

And, over on Fakebook, I'm being told 1) Jesus told people to sell their cloak and buy a sword, so we should buy guns.  I pointed out that when Jesus heard they had 2 among the 12, he said that was enough.  and 2) God told Israel to clear out all unbelievers from their country and since Jesus is God we should do the same thing.  

The spiral of fundie to Christian Taliban Soldiers has begun in earnest, I'm afraid.  

I'm not even responding to people posting, in terms I won't repeat here, that ~" If Dylann Roof shooting up a church in SC resulted in Banning the confederate battle flag, removing statues of confederate soldiers and erasing southern history, then the shooting in San Bernadino is cause for banning the hijab, the qu'ran, all Muslim symbols and all mosques on US soil.~"

I have not bothered to tell this person that the confederate battle flag was not and is not banned, it simply isn't flown over as many official government buildings and a couple of stores paused/stopped selling them. They are even still on amazon, under another name and certainly still available on clothing etc. I didn't mention if US or state governments were operating mosques, they might be asked to close them, but since he's comparing 2 totally different situations, well....

6 months ago I told people that once they decide it is OK to kill non-christians, even other Christians will be at risk, and I still think that is the case.  

7 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Really. What a complete dick. 

(Thanks, @doggie, for bringing an ad for Liberty University with your post. I will now flag it as 'irrelevant', or perhaps 'inappropriate', I can't decide!)

my bad.

Liberty is more at risk of a Christian attacking liberty than a Muslim.  I still can't believe people actually go to this school. I mean it raising future evangelical Christians like this one.

Just as big of an asshole as his father was.  He must of forgotten that bit about reaping what you sow.

Who would Jesus drill with a 357 magnum?

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Who would Jesus drill with a 357 magnum?

well that puts a totally new spin on WWJD

5 minutes ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

well that puts a totally new spin on WWJD

Either that or WWJO: Who Would Jesus Off?

Archived