IGNORED

Josh and Anna Renew Vows

Old Arrow

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the info that is getting passed around some of the less reputable tabloids now. I don't really know where it came from. Honestly, I don't really think it's true. How would that information have gotten out? I'm not even sure how to trace who published this rumor first. 

There was no sourcing on this, just more rumors. One week they are divorcing, next week they are renewing their vows. These sites just want clicks. I'm sure next month Josh and Anna will be adopting or maybe she's planing how to stage his death for insurance money. They'll think of something ;)

Oh well.....It probably is a fake. I found the link on a FaceBook sidebar. Shame on me- I could see... A Very Special Episode as Josh and Anna Renew Their Commitments to God and Each Other. 

So aside from this being a rumor and yet to happen, I have absolutely no doubt that if Anna doesn't divorce him they'll renew their vows. 

Lots of people do symbolic things like that after being caught up in a major trust breech in a relationship/marriage. Renewing vows, selling/buying a new house that separates them from that past, and in many cases sometimes they'll buy a new set of wedding/engagement rings (instead of or in conjunction with renewing of vows). It's a part of the "lets start over and put the past behind us" shtick. 

No doubt in my mind that once he is perceived as a changed man, devoted to his family, and rededicates himself to being a better husband.....they'll renew their vows. It might not be right away after rehab. It might be a little while afterwards once he has time to convince her and the rest of his family that he's been reborn. 

My opinion? Once a cheater, always a cheater. Once a player, always a player. If a partner doesn't value you and respect you enough, they'll never truly 100% do so again long term. Once an abuser, also, always an abuser. Because there's something fundamentally wrong with that persons character. They also lack respect for others. It's a character flaw. There's a deep underlying reason why they're the way they are. Sure, maybe they'll be on the straight and narrow for a length of time. But since there's a deep rooted issue and they're either unhappy with their situation, life, or themselves....they'll do it again. In the case of cheaters, anyone I've known in my life that has been a serial cheater is usually:

1.) wants a girl whom is wife material to take care of them like a mom but usually void of what they truly want in a spouse: sexually compatible, a friend, and an actual companion. (I have a friend whom married the perfect proper Christian girl. But she's a serious prude to the max. Cursing isn't even allowed around her. But she embodies what he thinks is "wife material." While my friend is crass, likes to drink, had 50 partners before her (she was a virgin), threesomes, and was a pothead. So they got married. 3 years in he cheats with my best friend. A girl that fits what he really wants and that full-fills everything his wife doesn't. How do I know that? Because my friend showed me the texts, voicemails, and poems he wrote her. And he expressed that his wife doesn't do anything to please him sexually and they're not compatible. This guy friend also flirts hardcore and tries to bed women. Quite openly around my husband but says he's really just joking. Riiiight.)  

2.) Loves the thrill. For deep rooted issues/reasons. (I have a friend that apparently likes being the breaker up of marriages. He right out seeks women that are unhappy in their marriage. This friend has little to no respect for himself because he honestly thinks he's not worth a honest relationship. That no women would really want him under normal terms. And this has to do with his past/when he screwed up his life.)

3.) Honestly, they're not marriage or monogamy material. But they fall for someone and in some cases marry that person. But as soon as what attracted them to that person wears down over time, that desire to not be committed returns. In some cases, they can't imagine "hurting" the other person so they lie. Or whatever excuse they're willing to tell themselves. I often wonder if some of these people literally stay in relationships when they don't want to be monogamous because it's what they think is expected of them. Either by family, society, or whatever else. So they want to stay married for all of those reasons but they can't stand it deep down. 

4.) They're just unhappy, self destructive, and lack respect/reasoning/value. Almost always within themselves. 

And I promise, you can't cover those issues up with religion. Or by staying in a failed relationship that you're truly unhappy in. Or by lying to yourself to save face with your families. Or even worse? Lying to yourself because you have kids in the relationship. None of these work. They'll just create more broken hearts in the long run. 

Didn't Jon and Kate renew their vows shortly before their divorce? 

Indeed they did. In Hawaai. 

Indeed they did. In Hawaai. 

and promised their children they would always be together. No matter what..

Ok thinking about this again.  Let them renew their vows under one condition.  The wedding party is the same as their original wedding, including the Keller siblings that have since left ATI.  Then have the Keller siblings (Suze, Daniel, Rebecca) 'speak now' when asked by the preacher and convince their sister to wake up and do what's best for her and the kids.  

Seems like nothing more than clickbait for the tabloids. Though, I wouldn't put it past TLC and the Duggars to do something like this. They're already testing the waters with Anna in the Jill and Jessa specials, apparently. :ew:

Oh Thank sweet baby Thor in a Thunderstorm! 

I was about to be sick at the thought of them doing such. Plus I still have my fingers crossed for Anna's worldly brother and sisters to turn her mind to divorce.

From what I've seen, renewing your vows is the kiss of death for relationships. Everyone who did it (that I know or know of) got divorced or someone died within 4 years. :/ 

Seems like nothing more than clickbait for the tabloids. Though, I wouldn't put it past TLC and the Duggars to do something like this. They're already testing the waters with Anna in the Jill and Jessa specials, apparently. :ew:

I thought TLC said that they'd never include Josh in any specials or revivals. 

From what I've seen, renewing your vows is the kiss of death for relationships. Everyone who did it (that I know or know of) got divorced or someone died within 4 years. :/ 

I think TLC (orJB) may be testing the waters with "leaking" this story.  If the response was sympathetic about Josh, they could move towards having a special on Anna which ends with her reunion with Josh.  And that might be a way of easing back to some sort of show on the Duggars.   

If Josh actually suggests this to Anna, it'd be awesome if she said No.
It would be great if she had a moment of clarity and could see how much of what Josh and his family says is bullshit.

It would be great if she had a moment of clarity and could see how much of what Josh and his family says is bullshit.

honestly, I doubt she'd do anything other than forgive him and renew her vows if she's not at the point of divorcing him yet. 

Thanks for sharing. I kind of went in thinking I'd stop watching after the Duggars were discussed, but watched the whole thing! Terrible stuff. I have heard for years about the pearls but never saw any footage. After I saw this I went on YouTube to try to find the clips to share with friends who like the Duggars. Here's one I found that had many of the scenes shown in the interview:

I'm not sure? I think TLC would throw him on TV tomorrow with a special of his own, "Josh Duggar: the very special rehab episode", if they could make a profit out of it. That's just my take on it, though.

Ad did Ramona Singer and her husband, Mario and Vicki and Donn Gunvalson.  Vicki does regret her divorce now, though.

Years ago I was invited to a vow renewal at the Duggars' house after the husband had committed a fairly major trust violation. The couple is still together so I guess it worked in their case.

I doubt this is any more than a rumor but I do think a vow renewal is probably coming for Josh and Anna since we know they're unlikely to divorce. I kind of doubt it's something they'll publicize, though.

There is a whole fantasy about this on the Joshley thread.

Archived