IGNORED

Should FJers "out" fake Jews (you know who)?

fundyfunland

I'm a little split.

While Lina drives me insane and I find her messianic 'Judaism' extremely offensive, I think that contacting a beit din is unnecessary. She's either going to not convert at all or attempt to convert and out herself quickly.

If, somehow, she does end up converting with non-messianics and makes it to a legitimate beit din but is still all about Jesus, by all means, email them her blog. But I think it's a very big if.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

kemme - St. Alan's awesomeness is not to be denied, but moving avatars are against the rules due to their annoyingness. Any chance you could swap to a still shot please?

kemme - St. Alan's awesomeness is not to be denied, but moving avatars are against the rules due to their annoyingness. Any chance you could swap to a still shot please?

Sure thing, I didn't know about this rule before. Will do immediately!

I'm personally torn on this issue. On one hand as a convert, her particular brand of utter bullshit infuriates me. On the other hand its borderline Lashon hora sooooooooo I don't know.

I'm like 90% sure there's an exception to L"H that has to do with warning, does that sound familiar to you?

Sure thing, I didn't know about this rule before. Will do immediately!

Sorry off topic, but me gusta your avatar kemme :P

It's up to you, but I don't think you should do it, for all of the reason mentioned above. Especially not in the name of FJ, since we don't really have a united "name" and I don't think FJ is meant to be the karma police of the world!

ETA: YES! My title finally changed! I have Children Stacked Like Cordwood!

I was actually responding to Maziky's comment, copied below.

Maybe you are the same person, Faustian Slip, but otherwise I was just wondering about the reasoning behind a very new forum member wanting the FJ community to 'out' someone on the grounds that they are 'incredibly dangerous'.

I don't think Lina is dangerous to the FJ community, and as an atheist I don't personally believe there is any substance behind the Jewish faith (or any other faith), so while I dislike disrespect and lies generally, I don't personally feel any compulsion for FJ as a group to out Lina on this occasion.

Secretly, I'd also love to watch her out herself and tell the story on her blog.... :lol:

I can understand that the Rabbi and those involved in any fake conversion process might be angry at the waste of time and duplicity, but I still don't understand why what she is doing would be 'dangerous'. In the extremely unlikely circumstance that Lina bluffed her way through, why would the Rabbi be at fault, if he genuinely did his job to the best of his ability and just got taken in by a skilled liar? I can also see it would be very confusing for her kids to trot along to school espousing weird, non-Jewish beliefs, but again, I don't see why this would be 'dangerous' to anyone?

I remember FaustianSlip from the old forum. She seems highly realiable, and not one to have a puppet. Secondly, it's not entirely unlikely that someone whose been lurking on FJ for a while finally decides to join, b/c there's a specific post that really gets to them. I know that's how I ended up here.

Faustianslip said perfectly every reason it is dangerous, and I hadn't even thought of many of those reasons b/f writing this post. If you google "jewish conversion" and "revoked" who'll come up with a ton of stories to validate Faustianslip's argument.

Other commenters have said that Lina will never be able to get through the process b/c well...she's pretty much too lazy. I hadn't thought of this, and they make a good point. This girl has been blogging about her encounters with Judaism for several years, and in that time, it's obvious her knowledge base of Jewish theology & tradition don't even come close in amount, to what would be writen in say "Judaism for Dummies"

PS. I would NEVER drag FJ into this. I'd use my own name & this would be on my own accord. No need to worry.

Well, I'll be happy with that then, despite my disdain for Messaianic "Jews", at least she wouldn't be lying to the real Jews.

why does she want to convert to orthodox if she believes in Jesus? I'm confused... why would she convert if she has to lie to do so? is there a blog post or something on that??

why does she want to convert to orthodox if she believes in Jesus? I'm confused... why would she convert if she has to lie to do so? is there a blog post or something on that??

Lisespieces you ask a very valid question. One that many of us on FJ have asked ourselves, unfortunately, it is one with no logical reason. Then again, we are talking about Lina, so,illogical decisions are a given. Only Hashem, G-d...or as Lina likes to say, Yahweh (shudders) knows.

Archived