IGNORED

Sending out my Christmas list

47of74

Compiling the ol' Christmas wish list.  I put everything I want on that list, whether or not I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it or not regardless of the cost.  I figure what the hell, just put it on there in case someone is feeling really generous.

My immediate family does the same so we all know what to get each other too.  Of course it takes a little bit of coordination so one person doesn't get three Pirates snuggies like he did one year.

Since I might be having surgery within the next year this was the first year I asked people to not get me certain things, such as beer or food items.  I said even clothes wouldn't be a good idea since if I have the surgery they'll soon be too big for me.

Compiling the ol' Christmas wish list.  I put everything I want on that list, whether or not I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it or not regardless of the cost.  I figure what the hell, just put it on there in case someone is feeling really generous.

Fiancé and I are doing similar with our wedding registry.  Most of what is on there is affordable and stuff we really could use. But then there are a few things on there that are ridiculously expensive and are more sort of "dream items"  adn if we don't get them, we don't care. Honestly - we don't care if we get any gifts, but yeah we did put a couple "big ticket" items on there. We both have quite a lot of family in the UK. The cost to come to Canada for the wedding is a bit extreme for some of them (especially those with 2-3 kids) so a couple family members will get together and pitch in on a big gift. His family asked us to do it. They did the same thing when his sistergot married 8 years ago. It still feels a bit strange having some of those items on there, but hey - it's a wish list - so why not wish big! 

And good luck on your surgery! It sounds like it will be an exciting year with lots of changes. I wish you the best!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• feministxtian

feministxtian

Last day of vacation tomorrow. All hell breaks loose again Tuesday. I figure I'll sleep somewhere around spring break, if I'm lucky. If not, it'll be the end of May. Not sure what this summer will hold for school and teaching...guess I'll find out! 

· 0 replies
    • PumaLover

PumaLover

Today I took my daughter and her best friend to San Francisco and the highlight of our trip was meeting a leash-trained cat named Dotty Parton on the city bus. It was an amazing day!
      · 0 replies
    • yeahthatsme74

yeahthatsme74

If you're in the massive winter storm in the eastern US, stay safe! We're cuddled up watching our expected 12-15 inches of snow fall. ❄️ ❄️❄️😳
      · 0 replies
    • AuntCloud

AuntCloud

Book recommendation: Mary Jane, by Jessica Anya Blau. An awesome coming-of-age story of a teen who grew up in an uptight, ultra conservative Christian family discovering freedom and joy when working as a nanny for a free-spirited family. Best of all? Mary Jane’s last name is Dillard. 
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Yogurt!

· 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

And now it's Okona time on TNG!!!

· 1 reply
    • Chocolate Lover

Chocolate Lover

Thanks to the menopause, I'm a sleep deprived hag.  Night sweats can do one!  Am waiting for a consultation with the GP for some HRT.
      · 10 replies
    • mango_fandango

mango_fandango

I just got a Christmas card in the post from my grandparents. They’re not the forgetful type, so Royal Mail must be really fucked right now.
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

I hate writing syllabi. Have to have the whole semester done by class time Tuesday (previous teacher did not write a syllabus). Also have to have their research paper assignment written up too. That'll be due around week 14 so I have time to read/grade them. Also have to refresh my own skills in a few areas. Oh well, at least they're paying me quite well for this. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

47of74

And now it's Okona time on TNG!!!

· 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.