IGNORED

60 year old pastor takes on teen as his second wife

NotALoserLikeYou

Custody is held by the mother and her legal husband, who is the legal father of all of the children.  If the mother dies, they will be raised by the legal and second father.  I don't understand the last question?  Are you asking if the children would be split between their biological fathers?  No, the fathers will raise them together as a couple.  If you are asking if they have the right to know who their bio father is, they absolutely do in the future

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

This has a historical and cultural precedent too! I believe there are a few asian cultures that have often practiced polyandry, mostly with multiple brothers marrying the same woman.

While I have no written sources to cite here, I have heard of this happening in certain parts of Mexico.  One of my former coworkers was originally from Mexico and told me of certain areas where that happened.  She said the men (brothers, I believe) would take turns with the wife, and any children produced would belong to the family.  There was a particular community where this occurred.  Not sure if that is true or if it was a rumor about some area which was blown out of proportion and distorted in the telling...

I read something I believe here on FJ a story posted about how in India where people chose not to have female children and there is a high occurance of aborting females fetuses. Instead of making women more valued in areas where wives are scarce women were being kidnapped and forced into marriages and often shared by brothers. So polyandry not as fun as it sounds.

So I checked out Reba's facebook...oh man the pictures with her husband serious skeezed me out. Nothing loving about those photos, just weird and possessive.

57 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

So I checked out Reba's facebook...oh man the pictures with her husband serious skeezed me out. Nothing loving about those photos, just weird and possessive.

He looks like he is actually sucking the life out of her in one of them. Ick.

9 hours ago, Inthemadhouse said:

Custody is held by the mother and her legal husband, who is the legal father of all of the children.  If the mother dies, they will be raised by the legal and second father.  I don't understand the last question?  Are you asking if the children would be split between their biological fathers?  No, the fathers will raise them together as a couple.  If you are asking if they have the right to know who their bio father is, they absolutely do in the future

No, my question was about inheritance, as in, if you are not legally your biological father's child, or it is not even known who your biological father is, what arrangements are in place to make sure  the kids get to inherit their rightful  share of his financial assets once he dies.

None of my business and maybe you don't know but it seems to me that there are some chances of screwing up the children's rights if the paternity is left undetermined. The kids could get nothing if they're not his children in the eyes of the law and everything goes to his sister or something. I suppose it's not a huge problem if both fathers are equally broke or both fathers have a will with the kids as a beneficiary, but if something goes wrong in the relationships wills can be changed, a legally established paternity wouldn't go away.  

12 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I read something I believe here on FJ a story posted about how in India where people chose not to have female children and there is a high occurance of aborting females fetuses. Instead of making women more valued in areas where wives are scarce women were being kidnapped and forced into marriages and often shared by brothers. So polyandry not as fun as it sounds.

Any marriage has the potential for abuse (technically speaking). Just as there is the potential for real love and satisfaction. It's one reason I think our government should either stay the hell out of marriage (they only got involved in the first place to prevent bi-racial marriage) or let any adult that wants to do it, provided all parties involved consent (and are legally capable of doing so). At least that way everyone would have rights and documentation. 

On 12/23/2015 at 10:47 PM, Grimalkin said:

It's basically the opposite of the FLDS situation. Anytime you skew the ratio of relationships too far from 1:1, things kind of get out of wack.

As a heterosexual guy I would personally have no problem being a brother-husband. I have 5 brothers so I'm already halfway there.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Finally, a friend for Kidist! 

Kidist! She's been awfully subdued lately. Must go see what she's up to these days.

Just now, Mary C Doates said:

Kidist! She's been awfully subdued lately. Must go see what she's up to these days.

Sadly, nothing at all. 

5 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Sadly, nothing at all. 

Yes, so I see (or, more accurately, don't see). I hope this means she actually found something that she likes and is enjoying herself (or that someone got her some help). Always had trouble reading her stuff without becoming enraged. 

1 hour ago, Mary C Doates said:

Yes, so I see (or, more accurately, don't see). I hope this means she actually found something that she likes and is enjoying herself (or that someone got her some help). Always had trouble reading her stuff without becoming enraged. 

I hope she's in a nice comfy padded room with kind doctors to give her the right meds.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, iheartchacos said:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003089834562&tsid=0.39156313496641815&source=typeahead

This is a public FB page and it was posted in the Thoms' thread and discussed a bit.378c77c4e10478616da6a9e436c53e24.jpg

Don't remember who all was in the conversation. I think someone forgot to tell this woman that one joy is a fruit of the spirit. She'd get along great with Lori.

Did she actually snag herself a husband?

On 5/16/2016 at 2:08 PM, ladyamylynn said:

Finally, a friend for Kidist! 

Facebook keeps suggesting Kidist as a person I may know so I can friend her. I don't think so. She's the last person I would want to be friends with.

What is her beef with female pastors? I know plenty of people who theologically oppose them but this girl seems to have some major burning hatred. Sheesh.

Maybe she's a poe?

• 3 weeks later...

Update

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3629707/She-ll-three-times-love-Pastor-61-two-sister-wives-father-13th-time-new-bride-20-gives-birth.html

Baby Catherine was born two months ago and Thom Miller is creepier than ever.

He had known Reba as a child but after meeting her again in her late teens he started 'appreciating' her as a woman.

Despite the challenges of caring for the baby, the trio insist it has not altered their active sex lives and Thom's prowess remains intact.

He said: 'I have no issues at all sexually and there's still no difference between them. I'm not more excited to be with one over the other.

'I love each one of them differently and we share intimacy differently. I'm 61-years-old and I'm still a man.'

Thom - who spent eight years in jail for stabbing a man in a bar fight - spends three evenings with each wife during the week. 

Belinda's biological daughter, Jamie, 18, lives in the unconventional family home and is thrilled to welcome her new baby sister.

She said: 'Living with a polyamorous family is amazing. I have two moms and a dad and I think that Catherine is lucky to be brought up in such a loving home.

'I would definitely consider being a sister wife myself - it would be cool to have another woman to help with the cooking and cleaning.' 

He knew her as a child and married her as soon as she was 19yo. And let's banter about his sexual prowess and how excited he is by his wives. It's disgusting :puke-front:

And clearly only women sister-wives can help with the cooking and the cleaning, heaven forbids husbands lift a finger. 

• 3 weeks later...

Now this fool is saying pastors should never retire and if they do she questions their salvation.

The more I follow these people, the more confused I get. How are they SO SURE they are right on all these subjects. If being a Christian is about learning and trying to be Christ like...how do you have time to tell all these other folks what they're doing wrong??? And how can you be a Christian and never post any bring joyful?!!!??? Ugh

Archived