IGNORED

Which Duggar Will Escape First?

MyMilkshake

I agree to an extent that JD has left, but all his toys and money still from Daddy. His constable job does not pay. So where is he getting a paycheck from? Is there something I missed? I doubt he will do anything to mess up the fact he has private planes at his disposal to fly about at whim. What kid at that age has that? He may not drink the kool aid but he knows how to walk the line.

He's had towing business which was shown on the show a while ago. I presume he still either works it or something else. He also has a house in his name. There may be a chance he's using the plane to earn money either through freight or passengers.

He's earned non daddy before and with the house he can leave if he wants.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed and the irony is that Josh's "rebellious" actions have basically trapped him.   He's not employable save by either his dad or some family leghumper who wants to give him a chance.   But either way, he's tethered to the family now.  JB is not going to let go of him, I suspect there's more on Josh than we know and furthermore I suspect JB suspects that there's more than he knows.  I don't think he can trust even now that there won't be other surprises lurking out there regarding his son, thereby damaging the family brand further.   And we know how important the family brand is to JB. 

Whether or not Josh is "unemployable" depends on what work he looks for.  He has been shown to have problems with sexual boundaries and to be a sleeze, but there are plenty of occupations where this wouldn't matter

Besides construction (which he has stated he doesn't like to work in) there is gardening/landscaping, various kinds of driving (delivery truck, taxi, airport/shuttle van etc.), car sales (I knew a guy who had been in prison for running drugs and he got a job as a car salesman), possibly other kinds of sales, janitorial/ custodial work, etc.  If he can do the work, it won't matter to most employers that he molested his sisters before he was an adult and cheated on his wife and maybe battered a sex worker as an adult.  He doesn't have a prison record and nothing about the scandal suggests that he is a thief or has difficulty following directions.

With his minimal education, there aren't that many other jobs he could get even if he weren't disgraced.  It is true that he won't get a job as a spokesman or representative for anything again, but he was under qualified for that kind of job anyway.  And he won't get TLC money.  But that is not the same as being " unemployable."

JimBob is not necessarily going to have a better job for him than blue collar work of some sort.  However, remaining with his family and "repenting" and being "saved" may well represent a chance for Josh to pursue a "ministry" of "bearing witness."  And this may seem to him a better option than a "real job."

So my guess is that he will stick with the family until/unless something better comes around or until he can't stop himself and he "sins" again.

I wonder if a big part of Jana not leaving yet has to do with the responsibility she feels for the younger ones. Jana seems to have way more concern for them than Michelle can muster for the camera.

Whether or not Josh is "unemployable" depends on what work he looks for.  He has been shown to have problems with sexual boundaries and to be a sleeze, but there are plenty of occupations where this wouldn't matter

Besides construction (which he has stated he doesn't like to work in) there is gardening/landscaping, various kinds of driving (delivery truck, taxi, airport/shuttle van etc.), car sales (I knew a guy who had been in prison for running drugs and he got a job as a car salesman), possibly other kinds of sales, janitorial/ custodial work, etc.  If he can do the work, it won't matter to most employers that he molested his sisters before he was an adult and cheated on his wife and maybe battered a sex worker as an adult.  He doesn't have a prison record and nothing about the scandal suggests that he is a thief or has difficulty following directions.

With his minimal education, there aren't that many other jobs he could get even if he weren't disgraced.  It is true that he won't get a job as a spokesman or representative for anything again, but he was under qualified for that kind of job anyway.  And he won't get TLC money.  But that is not the same as being " unemployable."

JimBob is not necessarily going to have a better job for him than blue collar work of some sort.  However, remaining with his family and "repenting" and being "saved" may well represent a chance for Josh to pursue a "ministry" of "bearing witness."  And this may seem to him a better option than a "real job."

So my guess is that he will stick with the family until/unless something better comes around or until he can't stop himself and he "sins" again.

JMO and I can't afford to employ anybody so my opinions are meaningless but if I was looking for a car salesman or a taxi driver it certainly would matter to me whether he molested his sisters or battered a sex worker. I'd be worried about the possibility that he could molest some poor woman who just wanted a cab or the sales suffering because the customers recognize him from the news and think he's a creep. 

JMO and I can't afford to employ anybody so my opinions are meaningless but if I was looking for a car salesman or a taxi driver it certainly would matter to me whether he molested his sisters or battered a sex worker. I'd be worried about the possibility that he could molest some poor woman who just wanted a cab or the sales suffering because the customers recognize him from the news and think he's a creep. 

The best line of work for Josh would be something behind the scenes where he does not have direct face to face contact with people.  Something like a call center where he answers 1800 calls.    

For things like a taxi/uber driver, I would not get into a car if Josh Duggar were the driver.  I don't want to risk sexual assault.

I wonder if a big part of Jana not leaving yet has to do with the responsibility she feels for the younger ones. Jana seems to have way more concern for them than Michelle can muster for the camera.

There is lots of speculation on this and the possibility that JB hasn't found the 'right' one for her yet b/c they need her home. That said, it's also a very real possibility that JB hasn't approved anyone she is interested in. I also think, that until they lighten her load it will be hard for her to have the mental space for a partner. I think Kelly Bates likely realized that with Michaella, though she has the benefit of three girls in the middle to take over for the three older girls who have married. JB and J'chelle are too selfish to realize, or in J'chelle's case so unable to manage her brood that she really has no other option. Sadly, Jinger and Joy-anna don't seem to have the power/respect Jana does with the littles. Anyway, this is all in the Jana thread. I think she is one of the least likely to leave, b/c she does have so many IBPL friends. She may get further from the Duggars than most because of that, but within the IFB world only.

I honestly think Jessa. 

I mean, she might be smug and arrogant but she isn't stupid. I'm almost positive she married Ben just to get away from the homestead. 

I'm sure she had this elaborate plan she's concocted, and after she's amassed a small fortune of her own, she's gonna grab Jinger and (if she's in a good mood, Ben) and take off somewhere sunny and warm where she can do whatever she wants. 

This is true. She seems very... calculating. 

The best line of work for Josh would be something behind the scenes where he does not have direct face to face contact with people.  Something like a call center where he answers 1800 calls.    

For things like a taxi/uber driver, I would not get into a car if Josh Duggar were the driver.  I don't want to risk sexual assault.

Working at a call center would indeed be a good job for Josh--as would other work that doesn't involve a lot of direct face-to-face contact with customers who might recognize him.  As for taxi drivers, he would worry me a lot less than some drivers I have had who seemed to be recently escaped inmates from a lunatic asylum. ;)   Truly, nothing in his history suggests that he would randomly molest someone who he is hoping will give him a tip. ;)

He's had towing business which was shown on the show a while ago. I presume he still either works it or something else. He also has a house in his name. There may be a chance he's using the plane to earn money either through freight or passengers.

He's earned non daddy before and with the house he can leave if he wants.

The last I knew he was doing dirt work as a means to make money.  It can be great paying work and with the way NWA is booming he could be doing great but it's not known.

He can't be making money with the plane, yet.  From what we've gathered on the aviation thread it appears he's working towards his commercial license.  That certainly doesn't mean his going to try to work for Southwest but it allows him to do crop dusting and fly people or things for money.

that's a good point I hadnt really considered. I think most of us have speculated Jana stays to care for her children. I never really thought that by her staying it could be damaging them more in a different way.

that's a good point I hadnt really considered. I think most of us have speculated Jana stays to care for her children. I never really thought that by her staying it could be damaging them more in a different way.

Although your message starts with a blank quote attributed to me, I can't figure out what my "good point" was since I haven't said anything about Jana in this thread.  I wonder if you are replying to jqlgoblue's post about Jana's indispensability to the household and how without her supervision there would be little to keep structure in the little's lives which also mentions her involvement with the IBPL/IFP world.

The only way I could see Jana hurting the kids by staying is if she is abusive or if, because the younger ones love and trust her, she is better able "guilt" them into conforming, as she has, and letting JB rule their lives.  But I have no insights about Jana.

I am not sure if any of them stand a chance at leaving. Unfortunately, they have all made the mistake of being dependent on JB for their money. Money talks. I am sure this is something they are not allowed to ever forget. Where they money is coming from. 

I don't know if it is a mistake as much as the fact that the girls in particular have been given no chance to study or learn something that could give them the means to earn their own money. Jana especially could probably easily work in childcare if she wanted/needed to, but I also doubt Boob would let her study to be formally qualified and work outside the home. Jinger could earn money as a photographer, but again, I'm sure Boob would pull access to that fancy camera very quickly if she was using the money to escape.

I agree. I think also that there are many ways to gradually ease away without necessarily having a dramatic "escape."  

Yeah, I think we have already seen that with JD.

I know he is still doing 'Duggar Aviation' or whatever, but plenty of people work for family members. He seems to be living on his own, he only did the absolute bare minimum for the show in recent seasons and looked fed up during it all and he shows little interest marrying and having a quiver. He seems to have quietly rejected elements of his upbringing. 

He may not have gone full on 'Breaking Duggar' but I suspect his lifestyle off camera is much more in line with an average 'single twentysomething conservative southern christian male' than an average 'quiverfull fundie' at this point. 

Working at a call center would indeed be a good job for Josh--as would other work that doesn't involve a lot of direct face-to-face contact with customers who might recognize him.  As for taxi drivers, he would worry me a lot less than some drivers I have had who seemed to be recently escaped inmates from a lunatic asylum. ;)   Truly, nothing in his history suggests that he would randomly molest someone who he is hoping will give him a tip. ;)

I think yes... he has a history of other molestations, disrespect for females and disregard of their sexual autonomy and some claim he is a sex addict. Sometimes that might override the desire for a tip. .

There's no doubt in my mind that since the Joshly debacle, JimBob and Michelle have clamped down HARD on the younger kids.

The TLC cameras are gone, so no witnesses, and they're determined to prove that their way is the right way. And they have years and years still left to break Jenni and lost girls. 

If anyone's going to do full on Breaking Duggar, it'll be the middle kids - whoever is aged about twelve/thirteen/fourteen now, grew up in the good times and with less parental attention. 

I can't believe I feel a little bad for Josh. On the one hand, he's done just about every dick move in the book, and leaving his under-educated, unemployed wife and four small children would be just the dick move cherry on top of the dick move sundae. But on the other, leaving her might be what's best for them both. And it sounds terrible/cynical, but probably best for the children as well.

Josh is a living Fundie Frankenstein; created and then abandoned by his parents who will never acknowledge or own their role in all this. And we all know what Frankenstein did once he was abandoned.  Yes, I agree it's better to leave Anna and the kids out of this mess, because it's going to get far,far worse before there's a remote possibility of it becoming better.

Well, having read the article that said the film crew found Jenni to be feisty & rebelled about everything she was asked to do; she's what, 10? I don't think she'll last another 8 years.

Well, having read the article that said the film crew found Jenni to be feisty & rebelled about everything she was asked to do; she's what, 10? I don't think she'll last another 8 years.

Ohhhhh what article is this?

It's in one of these threads. I couldn't begin to remember which one. Just a little blurb.

I said it when the VERY first scandal started to break; Josh's ONLY HOPE is to COMPLETELY denounce the cult and make a BOLD statement that blames the family for how f'd up he turned out-

I think the folks of the world might actually accept him into society and forgive his asshattary -if he came out tomorrow with a complete tell-all that exposed the duggars abuse of thier kids and the entire religion and how it f*cks up families - can you imagine if he made claims HE was a victim FIRST of sexual abuse? I'm betting almost anyone (non-fundie) would accept and forgive if he went into REAL treatment and COMPLETELY cut ties.

I think he'd have a best seller book deal and some(tons) of non-tlc TV time if he did this...

I also think it would be the best thing for Anna, weather she stays or not. I agree with others who call him "unemployable"- sure there's always going to be cult members who feel he's pay off the golden family and worth a second chance; but NOT to be the face of anything, so his options for work aren't likely to support a family of six- I mean, seriously: his family is the fundie royalty. If HE doesn't have a fortune of his own, who DOES that is going to employ him? 

If he was in the real world, with the Duggar tell-all, he'd have big bucks coming in and Anna and the kids would benefit. 

I just REALLY hope it happens- each and every one of those kids deserves a live of thier OWN choosing, and some of them- anna, jenny, Jana and jinger especially... They look so dead inside...

Josh is a living Fundie Frankenstein; created and then abandoned by his parents who will never acknowledge or own their role in all this. And we all know what Frankenstein did once he was abandoned.  Yes, I agree it's better to leave Anna and the kids out of this mess, because it's going to get far,far worse before there's a remote possibility of it becoming better.

The Frankenstein reference here is quite apt.   J'chelle and JB "beheld their creation" and it was not at all as they expected.

Of the oldest 6 (Josh- Jinger), I can only see Jill staying ultra conservative.

Josh- well he's already showed what he thinks and how much he respects his parents' lifestyle and Gothard's teachings.

JD/Jana- at almost 26, they have avoided the status quo fundie path, although quietly and respectfully, as far as we know.

Jill- I can see the Dillards staying in the mission field, but limiting their family to a sane number of kids (less than double digits). I can see them having strong ties to the Baptist church, but not Gothard.

Jessa- This one is interesting. Imagine the year 2030, Jessa 38 and Ben 35. They have 8 or 9 kids, and they are both aging as well as Josh has to date. They keep waiting for the big break and in the mean time, are living in a single wide on JB's property, probably overlooking the refuge center. They decide that JB and this lifestyle are FOS- they are angry and bitter. They write books, go to the media and sue everyone and anyone associated with the AND COUNTING series. 

Jinger- married off to a Bates boy- living a very fundie light lifestyle.

I think yes... he has a history of other molestations, disrespect for females and disregard of their sexual autonomy and some claim he is a sex addict. Sometimes that might override the desire for a tip. .

I have known a couple of self-confessed sex addicts, and even at their worst they didn't go around attacking/molesting strangers.  Josh's "history of other molestations," dates to his teen years.  I could see him being verbally obnoxious and paying women unwanted compliments, but lots of taxi drivers in my past did that.  (Maybe they don't any more--I haven't been young and attractive for a while, so I figure the reason taxi drivers no longer come on to me is that I remind them of their moms.)

You may be right that many women wouldn't  get in a taxi he was driving, but I bet others wouldn't notice or care who was driving so long as he stopped when hailed.  Anyway my point is he could find work; he is not "unemployable."  If not driving a taxi then driving a delivery truck, or gardening, or towing or at a call center-- there are jobs he could get.

---------- 

[The source of the information about Jenni rebelling is ] in one of these threads. I couldn't begin to remember which one. Just a little blurb.

It is the Joshley thread. In an Instagram account belonging to Famyfriday, a person who claims to work for Discover and has a good friend who was part of the crew filming the Duggars for the past 3 years or so, had several interesting revelations about the Duggars behind the scenes.  Some of us went and read the actual posts on the Famyfriday account, on one of them makes the comment about Jenni.

Archived