IGNORED

What ads do you get on FJ?

sawasdee

I get some of the ads mentioned upthread: Liberty University, Date an Arab, Date a Muslim (a liberated sexy Muslim in a sexy bra), and some unnamed chat site. I used to get ads for churches and things in Denver, Colorado, but not lately. (My phone doesn't know where it is usually. Just that it's in the Mountain Time Zone.)

But I had serious brain disconnect the other night when I got an ad asking me to donate to Donald Trump's campaign! SERIOUSLY?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resurrecting this because my ads are currently Michael's, Blick and Copic markers. This is so much more pleasing than Asian dating sites and Weird Old Tricks for removing my saggy facial skin. Thought you'd all like to know that. :dance:

I recently made a reservation for La Quinta hotel and that's been the main ad on FJ recently. 

I also paid for something with Paypal tonight and has my other ad

Splendid and Rag & Bone. Two sites I shop a lot. And a modeling and acting site. Some other random stuff. 

Just had an odd turn... I was looking for unread threads when my eye was caught by the ads at the top. One was for "The Tribulation - What will happen?" and the other was a movie with "The Saint" in the title.

I almost had to double-check that I was logged in to FJ.

Mine is for leather coats.  I think Google is grasping at straws and giving me 'random ads' cause my search history on my phone is usually in reference to something random, like 'bono the hypocrite', or various religions, usually in relation to something I've read here.  I guess Bono wears leather?   Refreshing the page for sunglasses ads!

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Those ads are based on your Google /search history. Mine lately are for future stores.

Really? Must have something to do with teen's researching patriarchy for a college research paper, I suppose. I had no idea! I knew FB did such things, but don't really pay attention to ads, usually.

(I'm surprised they don't show ads for paleo eating or auto-immune protocol websites... I've been googling those kinds of recipes recently.)

I have an ad for a syfy tv show now, I don't watch on my phone, but yesterday I was looking at another syfy show on imdb. The internet's know everything. It's pretty scary if you think too hard about it.

On another website I'm part of, the ad software picks up key words from our posts and gives us ads related. It can lead to some pretty funny threads with people playing around to see what words will produce what ads.

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Those ads are based on your Google /search history. Mine lately are for future stores.

Mine are currently Oprah-related. WTH?

Funny I just noticed a typo in my first response, that was supposed to be furniture stores. It was Dania when I posted. 

I get advertisements for Liberty University occasionally.  You're barking up the wrong tree, Google ads!  Right now it's Victoria's Secret...Valentine's Day is coming, ya'll.  :my_biggrin:

Right now, mine are for a kids' concert series in Syracuse and a ski area in Cortland.

32 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I get advertisements for Liberty University occasionally.  You're barking up the wrong tree, Google ads!  Right now it's Victoria's Secret...Valentine's Day is coming, ya'll.  

Mine have been Liberty for at least a month. Also some modest clothing sites. I spend too much time on here apparently. 

3 hours ago, refugee said:

Just had an odd turn... I was looking for unread threads when my eye was caught by the ads at the top. One was for "The Tribulation - What will happen?" and the other was a movie with "The Saint" in the title.

I almost had to double-check that I was logged in to FJ.

Was the movie "The Masked Saint"?  I went to high school with the director.

I currently have ads for a Chatr mobile phones, Isreal and Air China. 

On another site, I was getting ads for one of our suppliers at work. 

You should all get adblock plus (regular ad block is good too)! It's a free extension for chrome, firefox, safari, and IE that runs silently and blocks all ads, including on youtube and hulu and stuff like that. I don't think there's a mobile version yet, unfortunately. I think it's just the best thing since sliced bread. :occasion-partyblower:

Here's a link to the chrome extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

Ads to visit the Malheur Wildlife Refuge (Road Scholar tours) -- probably based on reading about the standoff in Oregon.

• 2 weeks later...

$15 bras and 25% off edited lingerie.

(How does one edit lingerie?)

Also I can watch a free video to earn $37/hr working from home.  Or attend a free business reinvention workshop to boost my business.

• 3 weeks later...

Twitter mostly. The Seattle city pass (was just there so makes sense I guess). Febreeze, Venus razors and something about lazor engraving.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

Keep it Klassy, Lady Plunging Neck.

56e33905699bb_ScreenShot2016-03-11at4.28

Much like Josh, that's the most action and excitement I've had in months. :shock:

Archived