IGNORED

War on Yoga pants

countressrascal

if I ever encounter a person like this I will fight them and I will win because I have more freedom to move because I'm wearing yoga pants. kiss my polyester covered ASS.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just texted Mr. Jerkit regarding this. He said "I can look at an attractive women in any type of clothing and find her attractive, but not want to go to the bone zone with her."

LOL

There's a verse in the bible somewhere that states that looking at someone lustfully is a sin. That's where the duggars "Nike!" comes from. Now, I think someone could look at someone in yoga pants without thinking lustful thoughts but I can also see why people would be against it. Men "are sex crazed beings who can't think of anything but sex." I don't think that's necessarily just thought of in religious circles either... 

.. However they should keep their mouths shut if they can't be respectful.

A couple of things... I think the verse is where the men are wanting to stone the woman caught in adultery and Jesus stops them and says if they have lusted in their hearts after a woman their sin is the same as hers..... but I think the modern interpretation of lusting among fundies of all types is stupid and wrong headed and designed to control women, not to protect men, as it is often billed.  Lusting in one's heart, to me, requres far more involvement and thought than seeing a well built woman and thinking "nice ass/tits/whatever".....

That said, some women might reconsider wearing tights/slim fit yoga pants/tight stretch pants without a longer shirt or tunic.  It is their business, but a 3 way mirror might help.  I am plus size, so go for the boot cut or full legged yoga pant for walking / exercising and usually wear a longer shirt/tunic.  I was traveling over the last couple of weeks, and one relatively young, very fit and attractive woman stood near where I was sitting and her tight legging/yoga pants provided me a view of the most defined camel toe I have seen to date--lucky me.    And, I am on the side of "Tan leggings are not pants"   But I am not at war.... (More amused than enraged)  Tunics are your friends.... 

http://www.imgism.com/attention-13-reasons-why-tan-leggings-as-pants-are-a-terrible-idea/12/

Here, here! I am so enjoying the current fashion trend of leggings and tunic shirts. I hope it sticks around for awhile. After all of the years in my teens and twenties that I spent in low rise jeans, unable to have a second helping of potatoes on Thanksgiving for fear of cutting of circulation to my feet, I deserve to be comfortable, damn it!

If there was ever a war on any kind of female fashion, I wish it had been on low rise jeans. Those things were the worst.

Here's an article about a Christian blogger detailing why she gave up wearing yoga pants and leggings to "honor God and her husband." It was a decision that "weighed heavy on her heart." Basically, her husband had copped to checking out women in tight pants, and that is what prompted her decision.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/20/veronica-partridge-leggings-yoga-pants-gives-up-lustful-christian_n_6508764.html

If that's a decision that weighs heavy on your heart, may I suggest that you have too much time on your hands and too little exposure to the rest of the world.

I mean, there are terrorist attacks, Brussels is on lock-down, Syrian civil war has displaced 9 million people....but sure, it's YOGA PANTS that are weighing heavily on your heart.

I don't believe that it's any one's business how I dress, if I dress for my "body type" or if what I wear is "flattering." 

I've lived for far too long with well-meaning friends trying to change my style. I like what I like, and I don't see what the fuck it matters if I show a camel toe or if my brown uggs aren't 'fashionable' this week. No, I'm not going to wear a longer shirt because it offends someone else's vision. 

@salex

That link speaks  to the lack of all round mirrors in the majority of households - most of us do not wish to present ourselves inappropriately, and in the most unflattering light. However, I did say most of us - YMMV.

Yoga pants are life!   I seriously have never heard anyone comment about them to myself or anyone else. They are extremely common here in Western Canada. 

I'm so glad you took that rude man's comment as a compliment, because in an awkward way, it totally was.   What type of yoga do you practice?  I'm considering trying Bikram yoga this winter. 

Practice Vinyasa have done so for about 7 yrs 3-4 times a week depending on work and on-call schedule. 

I told the Count regarding the inter counter his comment - if you could not wear your yoga pants what are you going to wear? Your scrubs? My clothing choices are very limited because I dislike to go clothing shopping also I work in the medical community and we are known for being sharp dressers. 

Honestly, I have no idea what my daughters would wear if not for leggings/yoga pants. It's pretty much the uniform for young women 16-25 around here. Go to a college campus....that is all you see.

I don't think they're flattering on every body type but who cares? All of the bits are covered.  The "defrauded" men and boys are the problem. NIKE!

The problem would be solved if the masculine weaker vessels would adopt the new fashion of wearing a scarf over their eyes so they don't see anything offending.

Ok maybe it's because I don't wear thongs, but I don't understand how these women are getting their leggings so deep into their cracks that they appear naked.  I've never had a pair of pants define each buttock cheek so emphatically but maybe I'm not wearing my yoga pants tight enough.

tan leggings.jpg

Ok maybe it's because I don't wear thongs, but I don't understand how these women are getting their leggings so deep into their cracks that they appear naked.  I've never had a pair of pants define each buttock cheek so emphatically but maybe I'm not wearing my yoga pants tight enough.

tan leggings.jpg

Seriously! It's like she actively tucked them up there.

I wear yoga pants with a thong and nothing like that's ever happened. Yikes!

Here, here! I am so enjoying the current fashion trend of leggings and tunic shirts. I hope it sticks around for awhile. After all of the years in my teens and twenties that I spent in low rise jeans, unable to have a second helping of potatoes on Thanksgiving for fear of cutting of circulation to my feet, I deserve to be comfortable, damn it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/20/veronica-partridge-leggings-yoga-pants-gives-up-lustful-christian_n_6508764.html

I'm wearing leggings and a tunic shirt right now and I have to agree. Do I personally wear leggings with anything shorter, like a t-shirt that doesn't cover my crotch/ass area? No, but I don't personally feel like that's attractive for me and I'm not confident enough in my body to do that, but hey if other people are then whatever.

My family tradition involves eating Thanksgiving dinner in our pajamas, though.

Just to pipe in here I love my yoga pants/leggings and wear them with long shirts and big sweaters constantly.  Throw on a pair of cute boots and I'm good to go...as a matter of fact that is exactly what I have had on all day

These are what I wear to the gym and to ride my bike-- they are stretchier and more flattering than sweat pants but not as snug as yoga pants. Plus I  love the cargo pocket for my phone because I use an app to track my biking mileage.

Run around pants.jpg

I didn't believe the lady upthread, if you will, was wearing leggings either. But now evidence has been presented that has convinced me. Perhaps tan leggings should just go, regardless of whether the bottom area is covered or not. 

@Handmaiden of Dog, I love those pants. Very appropriate, especially for women my age. I wear a pair from Victoria's Secret to walk in and feel quite self-conscious if we stop for coffee on our way home.  But I would feel very comfortable in those, I think. 

<snipped pic>

Taste issues aside, that just doesn't look comfortable! I admit my first thought on seeing that was, "Wow, it must be unpleasant to walk around like that all day." Not sure that was quite the reaction she was going for.

If you go to the next image of tan leggings you can see just as much crack and the end of the leggings around her ankles.

tan leggings 2.jpg

Just beause it is made in your size does not mean you should wear it.  

I have a personal rule when dressing - hemlines and shirts (when worn with leggings) should always end below where my thighs stop rubbing together. 

Perhaps it is because I was brought up by my grandparents but exposed bra straps drive me crazy. I can hear my grandmother now, fix your straps dear, you don't want to look slovenly.

How about people who dress their families like this and don't live in a small house on a prairie get no say in any fashion choices..

If your salvation requires the women in your life to look like drapes from the 80's, my Yoga pants are the least of your problems..

3632_framedsz.jpg

A couple of things... I think the verse is where the men are wanting to stone the woman caught in adultery and Jesus stops them and says if they have lusted in their hearts after a woman their sin is the same as hers..... but I think the modern interpretation of lusting among fundies of all types is stupid and wrong headed and designed to control women, not to protect men, as it is often billed.  Lusting in one's heart, to me, requres far more involvement and thought than seeing a well built woman and thinking "nice ass/tits/whatever".....

That said, some women might reconsider wearing tights/slim fit yoga pants/tight stretch pants without a longer shirt or tunic.  It is their business, but a 3 way mirror might help.  I am plus size, so go for the boot cut or full legged yoga pant for walking / exercising and usually wear a longer shirt/tunic.  I was traveling over the last couple of weeks, and one relatively young, very fit and attractive woman stood near where I was sitting and her tight legging/yoga pants provided me a view of the most defined camel toe I have seen to date--lucky me.    And, I am on the side of "Tan leggings are not pants"   But I am not at war.... (More amused than enraged)  Tunics are your friends.... 

http://www.imgism.com/attention-13-reasons-why-tan-leggings-as-pants-are-a-terrible-idea/12/

Actually, the Scripture reference is in Matthew in the Sermon on the Mount - the "you've heard it said .... but I say ..." Jesus says, "You have heard that you shall not commit adultery, but I say to you that whoever looks on a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

The woman caught in an act of adultery, about to be stoned, was when he said, "Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone," and the crowd went away. Jesus tells her to go and sin no more.

How about people who dress their families like this and don't live in a small house on a prairie get no say in any fashion choices..

If your salvation requires the women in your life to look like drapes from the 80's, my Yoga pants are the least of your problems..

Ugh. I wasn't sure if they are a religious family but I see the bible on her lap. So, yes, I'd guess they are. 

3632_framedsz.jpg

3632_framedsz.jpg

This... was actually the fashion for awhile when I was a child, believe it or not. I had an outfit (including the hat!) almost exactly like the little girl in the back on the left, and I thought I was pretty cool. What were we collectively thinking? ;)

I can say "Oh, I don't like that and wouldn't wear it, but truly, I see a lot of women in yoga pants that look fabulous.... and I'm all for looking fabulous.  Or, in my case, for looking presentable.  ;0

when i was younger, I learned that men in general believed I gave a shit what they (strangers to me) thought about my clothing, my looks and my weight.  Strangers would comment, and I didn't like it when the comment was good or when it was bad.  I was always amazed that a lot of these guys thought I would be interested that they thought me cute or fat--but guys my dad's age and younger were happy to comment. Grimy, icky guys.  Nice looking business guys.  Everything in between.  Apparently how sexy they found me or didn't was supposed to mean something to me---- while how sexy I did or didn't find them was not taken into consideration by them, I'm sure.  I think fundies (and some other men) are still like this, but I"m old now, so no longer considered  a sexual being by those kinds of men. 

Archived