IGNORED

Rapture Ready (and other End Times paranoia)

Rachel333

Anyone else oddly fascinated by this stuff? I just ran into the Rapture Index, which is updated every week. We're currently at a very high 182, which puts us in "Fasten your seatbelts" territory. The attacks in Paris have maxed out the "Global Turmoil" category and the increase in UFO sightings have raised the number for the Supernatural category, but Satanism has been downgraded for lack of activity.

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

The site also has a forum for people to talk about the coming apocalypse. Forum categories include "The One World Government System" which has this actual description:

This is not a forum for conspiracy theories, this is a place for news, articles, and commentaries regarding the UN/EU, and the emerging One World Government revealing end times events. Matthew 24; Romans 8:22 Conspiracy threads will be deleted.

Edit: I love this comment about meat being added to the list of carcinogens.

This is probably related to radical animal rights/environmental activism and other powerful leftist lobbying groups who have been trying for decades to scare the public into going vegan. The people behind this phony "cancer alert" don't care about preventing cancer. They also don't care about people. There's a spirit compelling them to become enraged at the thought of caged chickens but then turn around and support infanticide without emotion. The disconnect has to be demonic ..... nothing else could explain it. 

There you go, the only explanation is demons. 

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 13

Well, yes, obviously I am fascinated by all of this. But, the thing is, we are prepared. I'm still thinking of making an offer on that bunker in another thread, and, in addition, I have purchased some cans of baked beans. They last a long time, unless I'm woefully misinformed. 

But, I'm concerned that the Satanic warning level has been downgraded. That's just setting people up for an unpleasant surprise from demons and the like. Anyway, I'm just about to eat our slow cooked roast beef (with potatoes, mushrooms, carrots and gravy).  I really just figure I don't need to worry too much about the carcinogens therein, as we are at 'fasten our seat belts' stage, so, it's happening, guys. No, really, this time it's going to happen. 

• Upvote 11

Hey, great Web site.  But wait!  It isn't demonic chickens.  In Calming the End Times Rage,

raptureready.com/featured/markell/51.htm

the author says:   Political correctness will eventually destroy the planet.  Yes, I'm telling you!  It isn't climate change or nuclear war or an asteroid or chicken demonism.  It is political correctness. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

Hey, great Web site.  But wait!  It isn't demonic chickens.  In Calming the End Times Rage,

the author says:   Political correctness will eventually destroy the planet.  Yes, I'm telling you!  It isn't climate change or nuclear war or an asteroid or chicken demonism.  It is political correctness. 

I'm very afraid that this thread will now be hijacked by some (three) of our members. That's going to suck because I already love this thread. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

This is delightful. I'm quite impressed with how long this has been around, apparently the all-time low in Prophetic Activity was December 12, 1993. I can't seem to find how long it's been going, but wow, that's some dedicated maintenance! I also love that Russia is referred to as Gog *and* Magog.

Severely tempted to send this to my family ironically.

• Upvote 6

Anyone else oddly fascinated by this stuff? I just ran into the Rapture Index, which is updated every week. We're currently at a very high 182, which puts us in "Fasten your seatbelts" territory. The attacks in Paris have maxed out the "Global Turmoil" category and the increase in UFO sightings have raised the number for the Supernatural category, but Satanism has been downgraded for lack of activity.

The site also has a forum for people to talk about the coming apocalypse. Forum categories include "The One World Government System" which has this actual description:

[Sorry...can't figure out how to unquote this]

Love this thread. Thanks for starting.

I've been following this guy's blog for quite some time:

http://endoftheamericandream.com/

It's mostly paranoid end-times frothing-at-the-mouth with lots of comments revolving around "ZOMG!!!111 FEMA camps and marshal law!!1111" with a lot of religious nutbaggery. This guy is fully convinced we're heading into an economic collapse (and has been for years--he keeps adjusting the timeline when things don't work out the way he claims), and has another blog solely related to that: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 5

I actually agree that we are headed toward an economic collapse -- although I'm not stupid enough to claim that I know exactly when it will hit nor precisely how it will manifest.  But I surely don't buy [most of] the conspiracy stuff nor [any of] the religious stuff.  Especially since the religious believers presumably don't believe they will be "left behind" to deal with the post-rapture mess, right?  So why are they even worried about it?

• Upvote 8

Have to go check out that site!  Have to say, I am a Christian.  Not a fundy, or even a Catholic Christian.  That being said,  I don't believe in the Rapture, which may be why the whole "end times" thing scares the crap out of me! :ABON:  

• Upvote 3

I just read something that Todd from "Gold rush" on Discovery channel, is trying to get families for a Pepper reality show. Because he thinks the country is about to collapse and he can save these people. Not creepy at all... :pb_rollseyes:

Have to go check out that site!  Have to say, I am a Christian.  Not a fundy, or even a Catholic Christian.  That being said,  I don't believe in the Rapture, which may be why the whole "end times" thing scares the crap out of me! :ABON:  

Catholics do not believe in the rapture. 

• Upvote 2

I just read something that Todd from "Gold rush" on Discovery channel, is trying to get families for a Pepper reality show. Because he thinks the country is about to collapse and he can save these people. Not creepy at all... :pb_rollseyes:

Discovery has been recruiting for a Prepper show for awhile. The people who will make good TV will never allow anyone to film that. 

• Upvote 2

Oh my...now when I see the OkToBeTakei avatar, I will think of a demonic chicken, as if it wasn't scary enough lol.

• Upvote 8

I just read something Todd from "Gold rush" on Discovery channel, is trying to get families for a Pepper reality show. Because he thinks the country is about to collapse and he can save these people. Not creepy at all... :pb_rollseyes:

What, like a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but instead of for your clothes, etc., it's for your preps?  

• Upvote 1

The good old, "I don't understand it so it's the devil" level of proof.

• Upvote 7

Anyone else oddly fascinated by this stuff? I just ran into the Rapture Index, which is updated every week. We're currently at a very high 182, which puts us in "Fasten your seatbelts" territory.  

I followed the White Rabbit, yes, I took the "red pill". That was one deep rabbit hole.  Thank you for an entertaining evening lol.

Edited by ALM7
Edited due to large crazy font size.
  • Upvote 1

Catholics do not believe in the rapture. 

Well won't they have egg on their face someday according to these people! 

• Upvote 2

Well won't they have egg on their face someday according to these people! 

It is so culturally  prevalent due to the Left Behind crap, that we have had confirmation kids bring it up. I usually just say someone made that up in the 19th Century (truth) and that the Church does not believe it and that ends it.

• Upvote 6

I guess it depends on which scenario you believe that determines whether you "prep" for disaster or whether you just wait to be raptured.  Good ole Jim Bakker focuses on charging outrageous prices for dried food items and survival stuff that you could buy at any grocery or hardware store.  But first, you need Bakker's Dozen The Practical Preppers Complete Guide to Disaster Preparedness which is just $150.  As far as I can tell, it's a.......book. Maybe you get 13 copies or something, but it's a......book.  

Check out the monthly love-offering clubs on the JimBakkerShow web site. 

I guess it depends on which scenario you believe that determines whether you "prep" for disaster or whether you just wait to be raptured.  Good ole Jim Bakker focuses on charging outrageous prices for dried food items and survival stuff that you could buy at any grocery or hardware store.  But first, you need Bakker's Dozen The Practical Preppers Complete Guide to Disaster Preparedness which is just $150.  As far as I can tell, it's a.......book. Maybe you get 13 copies or something, but it's a......book.  

Check out the monthly love-offering clubs on the JimBakkerShow web site. 

Hard to believe this guy is still relevant anywhere.

Oh my...now when I see the OkToBeTakei avatar, I will think of a demonic chicken, as if it wasn't scary enough lol.

That avatar drives me nuts (in a good way).  I worked on an archaeology crew in the 1990s.  We all lived in a trailer in northern AZ, far, far away from a grocery store, so we cooked and ate communally.  There was a canned whole chicken that sat on the shelf that no one was ever tempted to open, ever.  That can of chicken had been to Alaska and back, and no one opened it.  Even the dinner that was a some type of pre-cooked fish in a package that was universally deemed inedible,  we did not touch that can of whole chicken.  When I saw that avatar, I KNEW what we understood intuitively.  Anyway, I wonder if cans of whole chicken are a must for a prepper's pantry, along with black bean veggie burger mix.  I imagine a prepper family getting down to the very last of the supplies,  gaunt and wasted, looking at each other and silently asking the question that no one is yet ready to voice - Is it time to open the can of whole chicken?

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

If the rapture does happen, I would think God, would just spring it on people, and not give any advance warning.

What I was taught is that no one knows the day, not even Jesus himself, but there are signs that it's coming close. Here's one article about current signs: http://www.charismanews.com/world/49561-5-signs-of-the-end-times-unfolding-before-our-eyes

And here's a list with Biblical references: http://www.bibleprobe.com/end-time-signs.htm

(By the way, what does it say that I started to google "signs of the" and "end times" and "apocalypse" popped up right away?)

These signs include war, earthquakes, and rebellious youth... because that's unique to this era. Also apparently an increase in vegetarianism, which isn't one I'd heard before.

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

This one actually tells a lot about how some American Christians see politics and current events. They're taught that the antichrist will talk about peace, so they're automatically distrustful of leaders who call for peace.

My mother isn't fundie, but she's been buying gold bars and squirreling them away in her lair/hobby room for an economic collapse. I asked her once what she would do and and how she would feel if there never was one. The answer: "It doesn't matter, because I still get to surround myself with gold and roll around in it and pretend to be Scrooge McDuck. So even if it isn't practical, it's fun."

That makes me wonder if these preppers are enjoying their panic. 

• Upvote 11

What I was taught is that no one knows the day, not even Jesus himself, but there are signs that it's coming close. Here's one article about current signs: http://www.charismanews.com/world/49561-5-signs-of-the-end-times-unfolding-before-our-eyes

And here's a list with Biblical references: http://www.bibleprobe.com/end-time-signs.htm

(By the way, what does it say that I started to google "signs of the" and "end times" and "apocalypse" popped up right away?)

These signs include war, earthquakes, and rebellious youth... because that's unique to this era. Also apparently an increase in vegetarianism, which isn't one I'd heard before.

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

This one actually tells a lot about how some American Christians see politics and current events. They're taught that the antichrist will talk about peace, so they're automatically distrustful of leaders who call for peace.

Now that (the bolded) really frightens me..But it does to some degree explain the belligerence of many fundie Xtian groups.

By the way, this thread holds the record for making me laugh out loud most times in the fewest number of posts:my_biggrin:

• Upvote 4