IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

Kody Brown has 4 wives. He divorced his only legal wife in order to legally marry #4. Then #1 got a boyfriend, only he wasn't real. Or something. Like I said, it's complicated. I'll leave it for someone more knowledgable than myself on the matter to fill in the details.

Part 1: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/23706-meri-sisterwives-has-a-boyfriend-er-catfish-merged/?page=1

archive: http://www.freejinger.org/forum/293-sister-wives-kody-brown/

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evidently the catfish is yammering about releasing some video of Meri masterbating. 

Great.

Oh god... :my_sad:

I have to ask, however, unless the whole catfish thing was done specifically to keep people interested in the show, why in the HELL would a woman as old as Wife number whatever be stupid enough to allow videos of her masturbating for a stranger.  She's not some 16 year old future beauty queen who doesn't realize the risk in 2005, she's an experienced, adult woman who makes her living in media, in 2015.... 

Either this was all planned or she is not quite smart enough to be allowed out on her own. 

Evidently the catfish is yammering about releasing some video of Meri masterbating. 

Great.

Well, won't that be special. Because this tale is not yet sad or pathetic or sordid enough. 

This is a truly vile person.  

Great.

I sense that you're not excited to see this video?!! :-P

The thought of there being a video of Meri flicking her bean truly makes me want to vomit in my mouth. 

Great.

No no no!  Just no!

This is already a sad, pathetic story - which I thought couldn't get any worse.  But apparently it can...

(carrying over discussion from previous thread) I wish someone would come forward and claim that picture, too. I'd like to think that if the person was dead and she grabbed it off of a dead person's FB, that his family/friends would have come forward even faster. I wonder if the real guy is chatting with lawyers right now trying to figure out a deal to make the most money off of this? I would. It would pay for university :P

I have to ask, however, unless the whole catfish thing was done specifically to keep people interested in the show, why in the HELL would a woman as old as Wife number whatever be stupid enough to allow videos of her masturbating for a stranger.  She's not some 16 year old future beauty queen who doesn't realize the risk in 2005, she's an experienced, adult woman who makes her living in media, in 2015.... 

Either this was all planned or she is not quite smart enough to be allowed out on her own. 

I'm going with the latter. That and the fact that being the former legal Mrs. Kody Brown is sucking the life and the common sense out of her. It's probably all an act of desperation on her part.

I kinda get it because Ive always thought that Meri was just miserable in her life and in her bizzare marriage. It's said that things like vulnerability and loneliness are way bigger factors than "smarts" in this kind of situation and Meri was the perfect victim. This was no publicity stunt. Jackie played her and she must be pretty good at it for it to have gone this far. The chick has balls, I'll give her that. Its one thing to carry out this scam over the phone and Internet but to show up at Disney world and spend the day snapping selfies and playing her role as Sam's assistant? And to keep going even after everyone except her other alter egos figure it out. Wow. 

Great.

I need the :brainbleach:

Who on EARTH would want to hear that--or know that?? That's beyond beyond. And if that's "his" intimacy proof, well, all it does is show they were never together.

Great.

On no. No, thanks, Jack-ass. 

I need the :brainbleach:

Who on EARTH would want to hear that--or know that?? That's beyond beyond. And if that's "his" intimacy proof, well, all it does is show they were never together.

My question is what would the catfish be getting out of leaking a sex tape? Usually, this would only be good for blackmail or extortion, but the story has already gone public, so there's not much chance of that happening.

I kinda get it because Ive always thought that Meri was just miserable in her life and in her bizzare marriage. It's said that things like vulnerability and loneliness are way bigger factors than "smarts" in this kind of situation and Meri was the perfect victim. This was no publicity stunt. Jackie played her and she must be pretty good at it for it to have gone this far. The chick has balls, I'll give her that. Its one thing to carry out this scam over the phone and Internet but to show up at Disney world and spend the day snapping selfies and playing her role as Sam's assistant? And to keep going even after everyone except her other alter egos figure it out. Wow. 

It's easy to forget that Meri was raised in a polygamous family herself (I forgot for a bit myself, actually, since she rarely mentions it on the show and I haven't read their book yet).  She was raised to think this was the holy way to live, and that her value was as a wife and mother.  She's said frequently that she's had two pregnancies: Mariah and a miscarriage.  She was reportedly an unholy terror to Janelle, giving Janelle cause to leave for awhile.  How long do you think she struggled with feeling like God was punishing her? I wonder if she feels this now, with that catfish b.s. 

I'm not Meri's biggest fan, but I think she was in an unhappy situation for a very long time. Her lifestyle and religion sheltered her for years, but her narcissistic husband took her whole family public.  He knew the risks he was running in Utah.  The move to Las Vegas seems to have uprooted the family's sense of togetherness.  She was clearly feeling lonely and unappreciated, and this person knew what to say...I guess.  

It's rather sad to see someone as unstable as Jackie appears to be exploiting someone as vulnerable as Meri appears to be.  

I am with you @Cleopatra7. What's the motivation? Is it just to get more eeew factors?? I am totally there!

You know what I think is the worst of the worst? HOW MANY VOICEMAIL there are. I love my husband. I really do. But I promise, I have not left him 200-ish voicemail and thousands of texts in a year. And I really DO love him. And, I would be freaked if he SAVED THEM ALL.

OK: full disclaimer. I do have saved email. I have an adorable one from my oldest child when he was 7. I have one from my youngest child when he was 7. And I have one from another child that says he loves me. 3 saved email in 10 years, all from my children.

@amandaaries, I wonder if you're right. I wonder if she feels like this is punishment. I wonder if she is also feeling a bit of solidarity, too. I mean, she isn't the ONLY ONE this has happened to. I feel for the other catfished victims. For the longest time, I was sure that NO ONE had experienced what I had experienced. I do hope that helps her in her healing.

AND, I hope she gets a REAL therapist. Their therapists seem so... AWFUL (and I've seen my share of very qualified psychologists!)

I am with you @Cleopatra7. What's the motivation? Is it just to get more eeew factors?? I am totally there!

You know what I think is the worst of the worst? HOW MANY VOICEMAIL there are. I love my husband. I really do. But I promise, I have not left him 200-ish voicemail and thousands of texts in a year. And I really DO love him. And, I would be freaked if he SAVED THEM ALL.

OK: full disclaimer. I do have saved email. I have an adorable one from my oldest child when he was 7. I have one from my youngest child when he was 7. And I have one from another child that says he loves me. 3 saved email in 10 years, all from my children.

@amandaaries, I wonder if you're right. I wonder if she feels like this is punishment. I wonder if she is also feeling a bit of solidarity, too. I mean, she isn't the ONLY ONE this has happened to. I feel for the other catfished victims. For the longest time, I was sure that NO ONE had experienced what I had experienced. I do hope that helps her in her healing.

AND, I hope she gets a REAL therapist. Their therapists seem so... AWFUL (and I've seen my share of very qualified psychologists!)

I think part of the problem is that polygamy as the Browns practice it seems to be a funhouse version of the "giving pieces of your heart away," meaning Kody marries any woman who kind of interests him to maintain his "purity." Kody and Meri probably married way before they were mature enough to do so, because young marriages are encouraged in the general LDS culture and they probably also assumed that whatever high school romance feelings they had for each other was indicative that they should be together for eternity. I've never gotten the feeling that Kody was really that into Jenelle or Christine, but he probably figured that they got on well enough, so why not? I agree with others who say that Robyn was probably the first time Kody had really been "in love" with someone, and it shows in the way he prefers spending time with Robyn's kids and Solomon, not to mention the creepy retconn portrait. Meri probably thought she was really "in love" with this Batman guy, which would explain why she would throw all caution to the wind. Although Meri is a mature woman chronologically, she seems very emotionally immature, as are all of the Brown adults, actually. If she had had more of a chance to grow up and find out who she was as a person, rather than go from being a daughter in a polygamous household to the once and future Legal Mrs. Kody Brown, I doubt Meri would be having this second adolescence.

Yeah...I think the amount of voicemails  = nuts! My husband and I dated long distance for over a year and we left nowhere near that many...nor did we save them.

Oh goodness. For everyone's sake I hope that video isn't real and/or doesn't come out.

I can easily see how Meri, after a lifetime of polygamy, would be very vulnerable to a predator claiming to just love her.

I agree with you @Cleopatra7 but I think that Kody was in love with Meri to some extent- maybe in a puppy love/first love kind of way. From what I could glean from the memoir, I could tell that Kody had a much more romantic relationship w/ Meri than he ever did with Janelle or Christine. This fact is one of the roots of Meri and Janelle's longstanding issues; Janelle admitted as much in their book. But I think that when Robyn came along, Meri was pretty much cast aside completely, leaving her feeling alone and depressed. 

I reread their book and considering the current situation, it is easy to see why things turned out the way they did. All of the wives dropped little hints and subtle suggestions about how their relationship with Kody and each other changed when Robyn entered the picture. Now its clear the extent to which Kody disengaged with his other wives and kids when Robyn came along. They can hem and haw that little has changed but they've admitted that there has been a radical shift in the family ever since. 

On a side note, does anyone have a live streaming link for TLC/sisterwives? I want to watch the show tonight but I don't have cable. :( You can PM me if you'd like to be discreet. 

On a side note, does anyone have a live streaming link for TLC/sisterwives? I want to watch the show tonight but I don't have cable. :( You can PM me if you'd like to be discreet. 

If someone has this info, I would love it as well -- public, private, whatever suits your fancy.  Gracias!

Great.

"He" also claimed to have a video of them having sex. Like, in-person. It was password protected, and, as was pointed out to me in the other thread, no one ever got the password; those that did saw that the video was taken down. So I don't think this will end up being credible.

Just over an hour until it airs! I know Buzzard does recaps for Duggar things. I did it once on here when they aired unseen footage from the Duggar Megyn Kelly interview. I can do that tonight if anyone would like? Fair warning - I don't usually watch things live because I hate commercials, so it may go up later in the night, possibly sometime tomorrow. However, for those not in the US that are interested, I would be willing! :)

She's a love-starved woman who has basically been abandoned by her husband. Emotionally compromised people make bad decisions. I could see how this might happen, especially after the divorce and subsequent legal remarriage of that douche and that other woman. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived