IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

I suppose that if you never teach your kids how to resist and handle temptation that keeping them in sight all the time while courting makes reasonable fundie sense but why does someone need to listen in on every conversation?  

Isn't the point of courtship getting to know somone intellectually and emotionally without the distraction of throbbing naughty bits?  Wouldn't extensive talking help that process along? Does anyone know what topics are off limits in fundiedom?

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me four boyfriends, two marriage proposals, and 22 years on the planet just to stop falling in love with gay boys.  My first sweetie is still a sweetie, and we're on friendly terms, but if I'd settled down to play house with him we'd both be one martini away from opening a vein.

It took me four boyfriends, two marriage proposals, and 22 years on the planet just to stop falling in love with gay boys.  My first sweetie is still a sweetie, and we're on friendly terms, but if I'd settled down to play house with him we'd both be one martini away from opening a vein.

1 is bad but 4?!?!!?!? You have to be the unluckiest girl on earth

1 is bad but 4?!?!!?!? You have to be the unluckiest girl on earth

Honestly, looking back on it, it had its good points.  They could cook, they could dance, they wrote wonderful love letters, they never forgot my birthday.  We had fabulous dinners and deep conversations; we went swing dancing and shopping and sang karaoke in Chinese restaurants and stayed up all night watching Amy Irving movies, and in one case (perhaps, Younger Self, this should have been a clue) spent a lot of time in Jo-Ann Fabrics, assembling costumes for amateur theatricals. They instinctively understood my issues with my fundie family, because they had family issues of their own.  I'm still friends with all of them.

At the time I did consider myself unlucky, but I will say this: it raised the bar for me, in terms of how I expected to be treated in a relationship (not in terms of being taken to the ballet or having company picking out a pashmina, necessarily, but in terms of respect and equality).  And the Exes were great judges of character; I could pretty much tell how a potential suitor really felt about me by observing him interact with one of them.

Recap: After his likely Jim Bob pushed courtship with a possible fame hungry teenage girl ended, Josiah has taken to asking for donations on his Duggar Studios Youtube page. Then he switched to selling over priced t-shirts instead after backlash, then he tried to sell a used drone on ebay.  So basically he's spending his time learning to grift/beg money from fans.

The drone was BROKEN!

More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQVRVrZq3c 

Josiah'S courtship, like Jessa's, too, seemed pushed on him. I have the feeling JB pushed Jessa because Ben was just such a fanboy for her and very eager to meet her and there was no new courtship on the horizon so she was kind of pushed to have more ratings on the show. Shortly after, Derick came to the surface, Jill and Derick really are a good match. Had they met earlier, my guess is that JB wouldn't have allowed Ben as his son in law.

Same with Josiah. He seems to be a quiet trouble maker, so a willing (fame hungry?) girl was pushed on him.

I feel sorry for Jessa, now she is stuck with an immature husband a baby who, I'm also guessing here, was named Spurgeon because Ben had a feeling of power over poor Jessa.

I've never had a girlfriend before I met my wife when I was 26. Just went on unsupervized dates with several women but with no physical contact ( not even kissing or holding hands), even though they tried. ok, there were fronthugs to say Hi and goodbye but that was it. just didn't want to rush things.

I don't know were the Duggars get that idea from that all liberals sleep with a million people, another one every week?

I'll probably die a virgin since I'm not planning to give birth. so top that Duggars!

On 12/4/2015, 7:47:20, HarleyQuinn said:

OMG it keeps getting worse. lol 

Josiah seems very lost. JB is probably harder on him than the other siblings.

Except if "Duggar8" is Josiah's ebay account, he sold two drones, both of which he received positive feedback for...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=duggar8&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=positive&interval=365

21 hours ago, Iamthe20thDuggarKid said:

Except if "Duggar8" is Josiah's ebay account, he sold two drones, both of which he received positive feedback for...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=duggar8&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=positive&interval=365

In the description it said.."it preforms good except for the gps system isn't making it hover in one place like it is supposed to. Besides that it flies real well. " ...preforms...well that's what happens when you complete school at the dining room table, huh? That def looks like the Duggar kitchen/dining floor area.

2 hours ago, paulypepper said:

In the description it said.."it preforms good except for the gps system isn't making it hover in one place like it is supposed to. Besides that it flies real well. " ...preforms...well that's what happens when you complete school at the dining room table, huh? That def looks like the Duggar kitchen/dining floor area.

I have a bigger problem with the 'good' part of that sentence. Maybe it is out soul winning?

2 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Not to mention the safety problems with a drone that has a faulty GPS and doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

So hard to figure out where the greed ends and the sheer stupidity begins

I'm always amazed that none of these Duggar leghumpers ever thought to ask what all the adult Duggar sons besides Josh did all day (we know all too well what Josh was up to). JB and Michelle have done a terrible job preparing their children for adult life, especially the boys, who are expected to support a quiverfull of kids, despite having the skill set of your average day laborer (and the day laborer would probably show up on time, not "Duggar Time"). You can do eBay as a career, but not if the only things you're selling is defective crap. The younger howlers have probably all finished any pretense of schooling (not that they were doing that much to begin with) and working full time as well. What are all these boys doing with their time all day?

• 2 months later...

I only just noticed that Marjorie is now working at Chick-Fil-A, according to her Instagram of 2 weeks ago:

marjorie.e.jackson

What an honor to meet the CEO of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, today & hear him speak! Genevieve and I are proud to work for a company that seeks to honor God with their business! #eatmorchikin#Chickfila #mypleasure

As much as I dislike Chick-fil-A's politics, I'd rather have a fundy girl working there than sitting at home waiting for Prince Charming.

Go Marjorie.

It is definitely clearer now that Josiah and Majorie were never going to work.

Unless she's doing an Alyssa Bates - you want clothes (poor Bateseseses), you get a job and when your John Webster  Prince Charming comes along you can stop.

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I only just noticed that Marjorie is now working at Chick-Fil-A, according to her Instagram of 2 weeks ago:

marjorie.e.jackson

What an honor to meet the CEO of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, today & hear him speak! Genevieve and I are proud to work for a company that seeks to honor God with their business! #eatmorchikin#Chickfila #mypleasure

OK somebody please explain to me how selling processed fast-food chicken is honouring  God. I know it's been years since I attended mass but I don't remember the bible mentioning such things. Of course it was Catholic mass, but still....

On 11/23/2015 at 3:37 PM, anjulibai said:

Neither my husband nor I changed our last names when we married. On our marriage annoucements (we eloped), we even mentioned it. We then hyphenated our names for our son's last name, and let people know this via announcement. When I mail something from our family, I always write "The Mylastname-Hislastnames" or "The Mylastname-Hislastname Family". Heck, it's even up on Facebook for all of our relatives and friends to see.

Despite being married 6 and half years and our son being almost 4, people still send things to us addressed to "The Hislastname Family" or to "Son Hislastname". 

I just don't get it. It's not that hard to remember. One of the primary means of communication I have with most people (FB) lists name real name on it. I remember that they changed their names - how do they not remember that I did not change mine? 

The only person that consistently remembers is my sister-in-law, who thought it was the coolest thing ever my husband and I hyphenated our son's last name. 

I realize this is 4 months old, but I know a couple who hyphenated their names for each other so they are Him Hislastname-herlastname and Her hislastname-herlastname and so are their kids. 

2 hours ago, Playagirl said:

OK somebody please explain to me how selling processed fast-food chicken is honouring  God. I know it's been years since I attended mass but I don't remember the bible mentioning such things. Of course it was Catholic mass, but still....

Who the fuck knows?  Yes, chik-Filet is a Christian owned company, but most people I know eat there because they like the chicken, it's not some sort of religious experience.

4 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

It is definitely clearer now that Josiah and Majorie were never going to work.

Unless she's doing an Alyssa Bates - you want clothes (poor Bateseseses), you get a job and when your John Webster  Prince Charming comes along you can stop.

Alyssa Bates was helping John with his commercial cleaning jobs after they married, so she certainly didn't stop. I'd take working at a florist's (her pre-marriage job) over cleaning any day (and both of those over fast food!)

I don't respect Alyssa Bates' beliefs, but I do respect her and Marjorie's work ethic. Good for them.

Just now, MatthewDuggar said:

Who the fuck knows?  Yes, chik-Filet is a Christian owned company, but most people I know eat there because they like the chicken, it's not some sort of religious experience.

One thing that Chik-Filet does to honor God is they close on Sundays.  I kind of respect that. A lot of religious people will adjust their religion to the bottom line.  The Chik-Filet owner is willing to make a little less money and observe his Sabbath. While he is at it, he gives a weekend day off to all of his employees.  Other fast-food workers have to work all weekend.

While I would hardly consider that owning a fast food company is a religious mission, I think that at least the owner tries to be Christian (according to his limited views) even when it costs him money.  I have also heard that the company is pretty generous with scholarships and educational stuff.

The Chick-fil-A owners have a farm called The Rock Ranch (http://therockranch.com) in Georgia. Ironically they have cows on their farm which they kill to eat, so that "Eat More Chicken" catch phase is a mute point.   

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived