IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

I don't see anything wrong with how Jana is holding Meredith? Babies feel heavier the longer you hold them. It looks like she was shifting her and who knows how long Jana was holding her. 

How old is Meredith? That's probably how long she's been holding her.

Is that a band on Joy-Anna's left hand?  Could it signify a courtship is in progress?   Also, in the Thanksgiving video there is a blonde guy shown, he is sitting on the couch in a gray T-shirt, he has a mustache I believe.  He doesn't look like any of the Duggars unless I'm mistaken.  Did anyone else notice him?  In the video you will see him right before the camera pans to Jana/Meredity, Joy-Anna/Spurgeon.    Watch Jessa's Thanksgiving video and then let me know. 

Purity ring. Do they get rings for courtships? I haven't heard of that.

There seem to be tons of random people at the Duggar house at all times. It's so weird to me.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill got a necklace from Derick for the start of their courtship, not a ring.

The only thing I remember Ben giving Jessa were the 'MAJESTIC PEARLS!!!'  :puke-front:

I agree.  I felt that Josiah was a scapegoat.  All that Alert training. 

Alert training? What did they do to make him or the girls a scapegoat? They've says hannie was a handful but what has Jana or Josiah done? I'm lost.

This book (a careful, objective study of the family and their secrets) would not technically be a "tell all" book but something much better.  I agree that it is not likely to come out in less than ten years. A "tell all" may come before that, but much would depend on who wrote it and their goal. If the goal is just making money and revenge, we would not get the truth.

Dear TLC: If you want to make some real $$ with the Dugagrs again make a Show "Working with the cult - What we never told you about the Duggars" I promise high Rating and the biggest weirdo-factor even compard with all of you past and present Shows. Go for it!

Alert training? What did they do to make him or the girls a scapegoat? They've says hannie was a handful but what has Jana or Josiah done? I'm lost.

If I recall correctly, Jana in her younger days was rumored to have been wild and tomboyish like Johannah is/was. And Josiah, who was often observed to show a more sensitive side than the other boys, was rumored to have been sent to Alert Cadet training to supposedly "toughen" him up. Stereotypical gender roles: meek, submissive "helpmeet" girls, and manly, strong "headship" boys are the expectation in the society/cult that the Duggars roll with. Assuming that JTTH (where willful girls get sent) and Alert Academy (where willful boys get sent) aren't all fun and games, if other children see their siblings getting sent there often as a result of their character/behavior, narcissistic parents, such as we suspect JB and Michelle to be, would effectively be using their willful children as scapegoats to keep the others in line. "Joy, get out of that tree or you'll go to JTTH like Jana!" 

Not sure what thread to post this in but our local basketball team has just increased their record to 19-0 at the start of the season (Golden State Warriors).  Anyway, headline in the sports section this morning was "19 wins and counting".  Took me a minute to pick up the reference, but I'm amused.  

IMG_7088.JPG

Go W's!!!

@screamapillar I didn't know about any of that. Wow.

Yeah and poor Josiah was banished to ALERT for the better part of a year. I'll dig around for some threads for ya. http://www.freejinger.org/topic/18854-duggars-duggars-everywhere-general-discussion-part-4/?page=3#comment-685097 There's more sprinkled throughout Duggar threads for most of 2014, but this post has links and discussion of the...amenities at ALERT.

Jill got a necklace from Derick for the start of their courtship, not a ring.

The only thing I remember Ben giving Jessa were the 'MAJESTIC PEARLS!!!'  :puke-front:

They were elegant AND majestic

I imagine this Christmas, Bin will give Jessa her own copy of TTUAC. "I saw these elegant, majestic Pearls and thought of you!"

The blonde stud is Austin Forsyth. He's been hanging around them for years. He's a "firefighter, EMT and small business owner" but translated into fundie that might not mean much. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much of an online presence. 

How old is he? Maybe a possible suitor for Jana or Jinger? I don't think the remaining J'slaves will court someone who is more "mainstream", like Ben and Derick. The scandals are the Duggar's Scarlet Letter and most Christians will probably avoid associating with them, unless they are already dipping their toes into iblp....

He already sounds like a better catch than Ben, imo. 

How old is he? Maybe a possible suitor for Jana or Jinger? I don't think the remaining J'slaves will court someone who is more "mainstream", like Ben and Derick. The scandals are the Duggar's Scarlet Letter and most Christians will probably avoid associating with them, unless they are already dipping their toes into iblp....

He already sounds like a better catch than Ben, imo. 

He'll be 22 next week.

You guys are all great investigators. How you guys find out all this stuff is awesome :)

The FBI has nothing on FJ. I'm always impressed w/how amazing the researcher's skills are.  :agree:

So, I found this article during Joshgate 1.0 and haven't been able to find it since--until this morning when I happened across it again! I'm sure it's made an appearance on here before, but I searched and couldn't find it, and it seems interesting in light of all that's gone on with them this year. It's an old article from when JB was running for office in 2002: http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php/id20/ (It was originally published in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, I think) 

As she and Jim Bob sit on the plastic blue auditorium seats that serve as the family's dining room chairs, she rests her hand on her husband's leg and joyfully proclaims her beliefs in God, Jim Bob and the sanctity of family. Strains of "Amazing Grace" can be heard from the next room where her children practice piano and violin in one of the girls' rooms that doubles as a music room. 

But Jim Bob doesn't for one second forget that a reporter is in the room, and he guards what both he and his wife say. When talk turns to his primary race against Hutchinson, Michelle starts telling of the day Jim Bob decided to challenge him. 

Jim Bob quickly lets her know there's one part of the story they won't be telling. Michelle questions his decision, not seeing a problem with sharing it. But then, following a few brief whispers, she smiles and simply goes on with the part she can tell. 

I'm sure this had nothing to do with the current scandals, but I just found it odd, and really wonder what it was that Michelle was willing to tell that JB wasn't. Probably something to do with Gothardism? I'm not sure. 

Also, does this family know any hymns other than Amazing Grace? 

You guys are all great investigators. How you guys find out all this stuff is awesome :)

I looked into the Forsyths when they were first discussed here. There are only two kids: Austin and Meagan, who is a year or two older. Parents Terry and Roxanne run the family camp most of the married Duggars went to a couple of months ago. The Forsyths were a host family on S01E08 of The World's Strictest Parents on CMT a few years ago. I don't have cable anymore, but wikipedia says reruns are still aired on MTV.

So, I found this article during Joshgate 1.0 and haven't been able to find it since--until this morning when I happened across it again! I'm sure it's made an appearance on here before, but I searched and couldn't find it, and it seems interesting in light of all that's gone on with them this year. It's an old article from when JB was running for office in 2002: http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php/id20/ (It was originally published in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, I think) 

<snip>

Thanks for posting the link. I had seen it before, but was glad to see it again.  For those who follow the Duggar nicknames, here is seemingly the first published list:

. . .  Joshua, "Joshy," 13; twins Jana, "Banana," and John-David, 11; Jill "Muffin," 10; Jessa, "Blessa," 8; Jinger, "Jin-Jin," 7; Joseph, "Joe-Joe," 6; Josiah, "Siah," 5; Joy-Anna, "Jogees," 3; "The Dynamic Duo" twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 2; Jason, "Jay Bird," 1, who with "The Dynamic Duo" forms "The Three Musketeers"; and James, 8 weeks. 

Jim Bob regularly brings his children, whom Michelle home schools, to Little Rock and the state Capitol where his eldest, Joshua, is known as "Governor." 

Bahahaha I thought that nickname list was really interesting too! What's up with Joy-Anna being "Jogees"? That must have been phased out when she got older. 

oh wow, I always thought we were all being snarky here on FJ when we called Jessa "Blessa"...I never realized THEY called her that....it doesn't sound very loving...maybe I've just had my snark goggles on for too long but wow...HOW did I miss this???:pb_lol:

I looked into the Forsyths when they were first discussed here. There are only two kids: Austin and Meagan, who is a year or two older. Parents Terry and Roxanne run the family camp most of the married Duggars went to a couple of months ago.

Oh right, these are the Fort Rock Family Camp Forsyths. Fort Rock has been featured several times on 19KAC. Meagan Forsyth married Bobby Ballinger Jr. a few weeks ago, after a supershort courtship, and a bunch of Duggarlings attended. Two prominent families in Arkansas fundy Christian circles.  Was discussed on FJ.

Thanks for posting the link. I had seen it before, but was glad to see it again.  For those who follow the Duggar nicknames, here is seemingly the first published list:

hahahaha i love that john-david is the only one who doesn't have a nickname. i guess james too but he was only 8 weeks old so i'll just assume they hadn't had time to come up with it yet. 

This is the comment that follows the explaination by Tabitha:

...I consider it an honor to have been a small part of that, as a viewer of the show and a long-time fan of the family.

Oy, this person is no more a part of the Duggar family than I am a part of Obama's presidency because I've seen him on tv a few times.

Just watched the videos that Jessa posted from their Christmas concert. The kids are pretty talented and the little ones are certainly very cute. But am I the only one wondering why the little ones are standing on.... blankets... while they're performing?

Screen_Shot_2015-12-03_at_10.59.37_PM.th

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived