IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

When you have been holding a sleeping baby for a while and your arms are tired, shifting the baby's position without waking her can be tricky.  That is what it looked like to me -- that she was in the process of shifting  the baby without waking it.  The pic looks like it was shot without time to pose. 

It's not a pic, its a screenshot from a video Jessa took

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a pic, its a screenshot from a video Jessa took

Ah!  That is why it looks as if they were in the middle of moving around! ;) 

The Duggar boy in the background either is sick of crying or smells poop.

I'm betting he smells poop. Because heaven forbid anyone with a penis in that family should actually change a diaper.

I don't see anything wrong with how Jana is holding Meredith? Babies feel heavier the longer you hold them. It looks like she was shifting her and who knows how long Jana was holding her. 

Ah!  That is why it looks as if they were in the middle of moving around! ;) 

Now that I have seen the video, I see that she is not changing the baby's position.  But she seems to be holding the baby comfortably and little Meredith seems to feel well-supported, because she is sleeping easily.

But if she's been there for a year w/no pay, you would think she'd be fed up.

The worst part (well, a bad part, it's all worst) is that she said that because they don't do school 24/7, she gets to join in the family's "work" as well as outings. So when she's not teaching, she gets to do housework? I don't think she's clever enough or removed enough to have said that ironically

The worst part (well, a bad part, it's all worst) is that she said that because they don't do school 24/7, she gets to join in the family's "work" as well as outings. So when she's not teaching, she gets to do housework? I don't think she's clever enough or removed enough to have said that ironically

not only do i hate that these people think being in that house is a privilege that JB and Michelle think they are better than anyone and the noise in that house just drives me nuts - but to use people to that degree is just wrong 

They really need to stop with the parenting advice...unless it's "Here's what we did, don't do it!" 

Mostly I don't like being an armchair psychologist, but I feel confident in this one: JBoob and Jchelle are narcissists, and narcissists never do anything wrong. It's simply not possible. Narcissistic parents also scapegoat one or more children, and my bet is Josh has now taken the place of previous scapegoats (Jana? Hannie?). We did everything right and THIS ONE has ruined it for everybody. Josh is not a result of the dysfunction, as there is no dysfunction in how we parent or the family dynamic, he is the bad seed. NP parents also turn the other kids against the "bad" one--we've seen that with Jessabitch and her preachy tomes, and I'm sure the other kids firmly believe that they all had a great thing going until that rotten Josh ruined it for everybody. No way will there ever be any recognition that something besides Josh and his "bad choices despite our great parenting" is rotten in Duggarville.

I suspect that Anna is being groomed for a scapegoat role also, and is being made very aware of the consequences for her -- financial maybe, but more emotional, being cut off from the family, church, community--Michelle already started passive-aggressive dissing her in public, and I very much doubt she approached TLC and begged to comment about her grief on TV--and her children if she doesn't toe the line. She's so vulnerable in so many ways, and that's exactly what narcissists are looking for.

Narcissists don't learn, they don't change, and they will keep using other people for their own agendas as long as they can. Given the huge amount of people to use just within the immediate family, much less their "community" (Tabitha Paine-Exhibit 1) this could go on forever. Hopefully not on TV, though.

I have a soft(er) spot for Jana, but good lord girl! How hard is it to hold a baby even half-way properly?

2ltocw2.jpg

Is that a band on Joy-Anna's left hand?  Could it signify a courtship is in progress?   Also, in the Thanksgiving video there is a blonde guy shown, he is sitting on the couch in a gray T-shirt, he has a mustache I believe.  He doesn't look like any of the Duggars unless I'm mistaken.  Did anyone else notice him?  In the video you will see him right before the camera pans to Jana/Meredity, Joy-Anna/Spurgeon.    Watch Jessa's Thanksgiving video and then let me know. 

Has anyone seen/heard about this video https://www.facebook.com/iamprofam/?fref=nf? It popped up on my newsfeed on facebook. Apparently it's by a company called Pro-Family Films. It's about adoption, I'm not sure why JB and Me-chelle are in the production update video though, considering that they know nothing about adoption. 

I looked it up. It's a small film called "The 5 Day Adoption" and the Duggars are in the film I think (at least four of them - you can see Jim Bob, Jichelle, Jessa, and Jill in the video) and the background is the Duggars' house. It has a kick-starter campaign. The film is going straight to DVD though. Jim Bob and Jichelle may have wanted to adopt a baby but couldn't because of all the skeletons in their closet. Jessa and Ben talk a big game about wanting to adopt a child, but with neither one of them having a job that doesn't seem likely.        

Mostly I don't like being an armchair psychologist, but I feel confident in this one: JBoob and Jchelle are narcissists, and narcissists never do anything wrong. It's simply not possible. Narcissistic parents also scapegoat one or more children, and my bet is Josh has now taken the place of previous scapegoats (Jana? Hannie?). We did everything right and THIS ONE has ruined it for everybody. Josh is not a result of the dysfunction, as there is no dysfunction in how we parent or the family dynamic, he is the bad seed. NP parents also turn the other kids against the "bad" one--we've seen that with Jessabitch and her preachy tomes, and I'm sure the other kids firmly believe that they all had a great thing going until that rotten Josh ruined it for everybody. No way will there ever be any recognition that something besides Josh and his "bad choices despite our great parenting" is rotten in Duggarville.

I suspect that Anna is being groomed for a scapegoat role also, and is being made very aware of the consequences for her -- financial maybe, but more emotional, being cut off from the family, church, community--Michelle already started passive-aggressive dissing her in public, and I very much doubt she approached TLC and begged to comment about her grief on TV--and her children if she doesn't toe the line. She's so vulnerable in so many ways, and that's exactly what narcissists are looking for.

Narcissists don't learn, they don't change, and they will keep using other people for their own agendas as long as they can. Given the huge amount of people to use just within the immediate family, much less their "community" (Tabitha Paine-Exhibit 1) this could go on forever. Hopefully not on TV, though.

Jana and hannie were scapegoats? How? When?

Has anyone seen/heard about this video https://www.facebook.com/iamprofam/?fref=nf? It popped up on my newsfeed on facebook. Apparently it's by a company called Pro-Family Films. It's about adoption, I'm not sure why JB and Me-chelle are in the production update video though, considering that they know nothing about adoption. 

Hmm. This is interesting. I'm guessing that the presence of the Duggar parents in the film either means that they are promoting the joys of children, whether one has them naturally or should choose to adopt, or...they're there to help promote Jessa and Ben's publicly expressed wish to adopt. It could be a combination of the two.

I've always believed that Jessa was never truly interested in adopting (I don't know for certain about Ben), only that she wanted to limit her family size. But perhaps I'm wrong and Michelle and Jim Bob are doing this in an attempt to improve the Seewalds' chances for adoption, even if the odds are against both Jessa and Ben for that right now, as well as to try and improve the Duggar image overall. 

Purity rings. lol. (Also Jessa, put your phone down and take your crying baby from your teenage sister.)

(I'm not sure where to post this)

I have been thinking about a tell all book.  Haven't we all.  Lol.  I'm positive there will be one, but I think it will take awhile.  Years....maybe even decades! I hope its not written by a family member but by a professional, well researched author. Someone who could do lots of interviews with many different people from all areas of the Duggar's life.  THAT would be interesting.  That might be the only way to really see inside their wierd lives.  Seeing the family from an outsiders, insiders, TLC crew point of view would be endlessly entertaining.  Since the Duggar family would probably not see a dime, I might even buy it instead of going to the library.   Haha

The blonde stud is Austin Forsyth. He's been hanging around them for years. He's a "firefighter, EMT and small business owner" but translated into fundie that might not mean much. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much of an online presence. 

Jana and hannie were scapegoats? How? When?

I agree.  I felt that Josiah was a scapegoat.  All that Alert training. 

(I'm not sure where to post this)

I have been thinking about a tell all book.  Haven't we all.  Lol.  I'm positive there will be one, but I think it will take awhile.  Years....maybe even decades! I hope its not written by a family member but by a professional, well researched author. Someone who could do lots of interviews with many different people from all areas of the Duggar's life.  THAT would be interesting.  That might be the only way to really see inside their wierd lives.  Seeing the family from an outsiders, insiders, TLC crew point of view would be endlessly entertaining.  Since the Duggar family would probably not see a dime, I might even buy it instead of going to the library.   Haha

This book (a careful, objective study of the family and their secrets) would not technically be a "tell all" book but something much better.  I agree that it is not likely to come out in less than ten years. A "tell all" may come before that, but much would depend on who wrote it and their goal. If the goal is just making money and revenge, we would not get the truth.

Not sure what thread to post this in but our local basketball team has just increased their record to 19-0 at the start of the season (Golden State Warriors).  Anyway, headline in the sports section this morning was "19 wins and counting".  Took me a minute to pick up the reference, but I'm amused.  

IMG_7088.JPG

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived