IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

HarleyQuinn

I can't believe this nearly 30 year old lady has been a live in teacher for the Duggars for over a year. I really hope they don't make her sleep int he girls room, because that would be beyond depressing. 

What the fuck does J'chelle do all day? Seriously? Being available for JB?

• Upvote 8
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EmCatlyn

• MakeItSo

• Cerealgirl

• Bad Wolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry if someone else already posted this but, LOOK!! Someone's been reading Free Jinger too much.  "Seaweed"  I took a double take. 

My good friends husband is an Australian SAS (special force) soldier... kinda like SEAL Team 6... one of the most uber masculine men you would ever meet... They have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. Hubby w

JFC! Why is sibling molestation ok with these people but adultery is where they draw the line? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU DUGGARS.

Posted Images

helenprev

Pickles has dug out some geneaiology sites on the duggars... look at this: 12294741_827036344061843_312521458242181

Good grief! It's John David in the olden days!

• Upvote 11

I'm going away for Thanksgiving. Limited access to the internet,and family which doesn't understand my Duggar fascination.  They will probably expect me to socialize. What am I going to do for the next week without my FJ fix? :aaarggh:

Your family will expect you to SOCIALIZE?!!! :56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes::pb_surprised::ETONNER:

You poor thing! :ferret: :my_heart:

• Upvote 6
doubleT

I read Becky's response to Tabitha on the Paines site and couldn't believe my eyes.  I even went back TWICE to check the date ... thinking it had to have been written before all of Josh's "bad behaviors"   :my_cry:   were revealed.  But no, it was written this month.  I do hope it was a tabloid reporter trying to suck up, otherwise, its a sad, sad situation. 

And yes ... John David and some of the other kids look just like Me-chelle's dad.   

Edited by doubleT
  • Upvote 2
CoveredInBees

I really hope Tabitha Paine is getting paid a decent amount of money (and not just bed & board plus a little pocket money). Does the US have a minimum wage?

MakeItSo

Good grief! It's John David in the olden days!

which is so weird to me because I was 165% convinced that JD looks just like JBoob....I'm so confused haha.

halcionne

I really hope Tabitha Paine is getting paid a decent amount of money (and not just bed & board plus a little pocket money). Does the US have a minimum wage?

It's $7.50/hour until January 1, when it will go up to $8/hr. But I SEVERELY doubt the Duggars pay her.

• Upvote 6
LadyCrow1313

It's $7.50/hour until January 1, when it will go up to $8/hr. But I SEVERELY doubt the Duggars pay her.

Wrong; they do pay her, but in tater tot casseroles & flip flops.

• Upvote 10
sunshine

I would assume she would get a monthly stipend, but the Duggars may deal with the parents on payment rather directly with her. That whole leadership thing. 

Anywho, that annual march for life is right around the corner. Now due to Josh thing, do you think they will be invited to attend or do you think they will show up anyway?

LadyCrow1313

:: raises eyebrow ::

Not to be nitpicky, but nope, never said that. (The post immediately above this one, that is; the quote didn't come through.)

Edited by LadyCrow1313
ocd/nitpickyness
halcionne

Wrong; they do pay her, but in tater tot casseroles & flip flops.

Ugh she probably gets the added joy of sharing a bed with an under 10 kid. Who wouldn't want blessings like that.

• Upvote 6
sunshine

Not to be nitpicky, but nope, never said that. (The post immediately above this one, that is; the quote didn't come through.)

Handmaiden of Dog

Apparently some members still need help with the quote boxes...

Why on earth would anyone believe that JB would pay a real salary to Tabitha to homeschool his children.  Come on!  You all know JB, right?  If he is paying her anything at all it is so minimal as to be meaningless-- pocket change; enough for a coffee and a lipstick.  No doubt he could open his home to lots of young fundie SAHDs who would be thrilled to live with the Duggars without pay.  Don't forget that the Duggars live like royalty compared to most Quiverfuls.  The TTH has 9 bathrooms.  Most of these familys with 10 or more kids are probably making do with 1 or 2 bathrooms and living on rice N' gravy.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1
Eatingintheprayercloset

She probably sleeps in Jill's or Jessa's old bed. I can't imagine JB&M letting her get a room to herself. I know homeschooling  your children doesn't necessarily mean you will be their teacher, but I have a feeling Tabitha doesn't have any certifications.... hopefully she knows more than bible verses and bankruptcy laws. 

Does anyone find it a little odd that Tabitha seems content with the possibility of never marrying? It wouldn't be weird for a secular person to never marry because they can still date and have serious relationships. If a fundie never marries, they can't kiss, hold hands, cuddle, have sex, etc. I know some people are asexual and don't really crave those things (even though I know some asexuals who still date and kiss but won't sleep with their bf/gfs...I guess its a spectrum?). I wonder if  Jana plans on taking the Tabitha/Sarah Maxwell road and will stay forever single. Maybe they can all move in together, along with Grandma Mary. It'll be a fundie version of the Golden Girls. 

• Upvote 7
sunshine

patsymae

Tabitha had a smiley smile after her sentence about being single for the rest of her life. That may be how she prefers to live. I'm thinking she is in girls' room, so she can be chaperoned at all times. She is under JB's "protection" now, isn't she?

A lot of these older fund SAHDs remind me of women like my Aunt Margaret, born shortly before the turn of the 20th century, so going back  more than 100 years. Irish Catholic, poor, lived in tenements in NYC, watched their mothers beaten down and probably die early taking care of so many kids, and that's your future--unless you joined the convent. Then you could have an education, a career (albeit teaching or nursing, usually), live in a clean, quiet place, get a modicum of respect. Not having an asshole husband probably seems a small price to pay.

• Upvote 17
Ramen Amen

Sorry if someone else already posted this but, LOOK!! Someone's been reading Free Jinger too much. 

"Seaweed" 

I took a double take. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 38
SportsgalAnnie

guess were rubbing off on them 

Edited by SportsgalAnnie
edited because internet keeps going out and wont let me finish post
AngelGirl8811

JB and Michelle talk constantly about their kids and pretend via the show, that they spend time with them, awkwardly I might add. Now that they have no show, no speaking engagements (or at least not many), less kids, and more adults; they find a "tutor!" What the absolute hell? Seriously? Are you telling me that they cannot get off their own behinds and teach their kids. Are they too busy trying to get into the fortress that satan built in Josh's heart? :dontgetit:

Tabitha Paine please run and run fast. Being the "tutor" to the Duggar family will get you nothing good. You may end up married to a Duggar. Not saying that all Duggars are bad but holy shit those two as your in-laws...run and don't look back! 

• Upvote 9
  • Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic