IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

43 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Ugh. I really want to say to these things the same thing my grandpa said to me when I was a little kid and left me flabbergasted: "Who ever told you that life is fair?"

"Fair? The fair left town with the carnival." - my Dad anytime my sister or I whined that something wasn't fair

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a) I thought most fundies were dirt poor and how they have access to cable AND internet? Hmmm... feed your kids instead people.

b ) I LIKE both Jana and Jinger but I do NOT want any more Duggar shows. No more money in JB's pocket. Make him bloody work for the idiot quiver he produced. Uneducated kids? GET THEM AN EDUCATION. Lazy kids? Teach them NOT to be lazy (even if their mother is the supreme example of laziness).

I am really confused as to WHY TLC think paying abusive and criminal parents is ok to be honest.

It always seemed to me like Jana never really wanted the spotlight on her. This is probably why she's one of the only Duggars I can actually stand to watch. If it was a show about Jana and Jinger moving out of the house and living life on their own I would actually make an effort to watch. Otherwise I'm done.  

IF Jana doesn't want the spotlight on her, and Boob wants it on her, too bad. She'll get it on her whether she wants it or not because Boob calls the shots and if he wants it on her, it will be on her.  At least, that's how I see it.

I was just thinking a week or two ago and this is how I see things:

- IIRC, Boob and Mechelle have said the shows about their family are a ministry. 
- If the show, which shows how their family supposedly lives, is a ministry, then all of the family members' actions would be seen as demonstrating how to live as godly members of their godly family.
- By that same token, all family members participate in that ministry.
- If one of the kids didn't want to be on TV, that kid would not be showing people how to live and, therefore, would not be participating in said ministry.  IMO, that would not sit at all well with Boob and Mechelle -- how dare they go against God and not participate. 
- Pleasing God is not an option. You don't want to go against God, right? Of course you don't. So say Boob and Mechelle.
- Therefore, if you are a Duggar kid, you are stuck. If Boob and Mechelle want you on TV, and if you want to please God, you go on camera.  You may get away with not being on TV to a point...but if they decide you go on, YOU GO ON.

One of the Ten Commandments is (paraphrasing) "Thou shalt not have other gods before Me."  IMO, Boob and Mechelle have made TV/fame a god.  Not very Christian of them, is it?  They need to remember that.

50 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

a) I thought most fundies were dirt poor and how they have access to cable AND internet? Hmmm... feed your kids instead people.

b ) I LIKE both Jana and Jinger but I do NOT want any more Duggar shows. No more money in JB's pocket. Make him bloody work for the idiot quiver he produced. Uneducated kids? GET THEM AN EDUCATION. Lazy kids? Teach them NOT to be lazy (even if their mother is the supreme example of laziness).

I am really confused as to WHY TLC think paying abusive and criminal parents is ok to be honest.

It is because they had good ratings with the Duggars and want to milk that cow some more.  They never cared about abuse, only looking good.

They are proposing a show about Jana and Jinger because they are trying to satisfy the humpers who want more of the Duggars.  The real question is why are there stupid people out there who want more of this family on TV.

(And I would bet there is at least one courtship in the works.)

11 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I wonder if this is a hint that there is a courtship that's been kept under wraps?

I doubt it's a courtship for Jana. I think it'd be Jinger if so.

A note from the superficial-but-that's-what-People-is-99%-of-the-time department:

I was looking @ an old issue of People (May 4, 2015; it was some sort of beauty issue), & there was a two page article/picture collection called "Making Over The Duggars". It features Michelle, Joy, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and a very pregnant Jill.

Anyone else remember seeing this? (Sorry, can't link to anything @ the moment.)

30 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

A note from the superficial-but-that's-what-People-is-99%-of-the-time department:

I was looking @ an old issue of People (May 4, 2015; it was some sort of beauty issue), & there was a two page article/picture collection called "Making Over The Duggars". It features Michelle, Joy, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and a very pregnant Jill.

Anyone else remember seeing this? (Sorry, can't link to anything @ the moment.)

That came out right before all the you-know-what hit the fan.  Michelle's makeover was such an improvement.  She looked so updated and 'worldly'. If only she would take the professional's advice rather than trying to please her headship who's still stuck in the '80's.

39 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That came out right before all the you-know-what hit the fan.  Michelle's makeover was such an improvement.  She looked so updated and 'worldly'. If only she would take the professional's advice rather than trying to please her headship who's still stuck in the '80's.

I liked the grey colors overall, but it'd been nice to see them in something bold & colorful. Oh wait; I forgot who I was talking about for a second. NIKE!

I would love to see a "Jana and Jinger move out" show. TLC would be doing them a favor if the would set the up with jobs/school somewhere away from the Dugger compound. 

This is sooooo off topic, but I guess this might be the best place to put it.

I started watching Scandal on Netflix. (I'm only on season 3, so no spoilers.) What if they did an episode for a fundie politician that had to use Olivia Pope's services? HILARIOUS. 

Imagine:

fundie politician gets himself and his huge family into some bad shit.

Gets sent to Olivia's office for cleanup help by someone he works with

He and his family have to work with Olivia and her crew

They see this super strong and out spoken woman who isn't married and doesn't take any shit

Fundie politician hates listening to women and there's a big scene of her schooling him and that if he wants help he has to listen to her or he can get the fuck out.

Let me make myself crystal clear first: I do NOT want any more Duggar shows of any type. BUT. If TLC insists that we must have one, I'd rather it be Jana and Jinger than more of Jessa and Jill's smug mugs. I'm sure I will learn to loathe Jana and Jinger quickly enough, but so far I do not find them as insufferable as the married two. I think the Washington Irving quote applies here: "As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place." 

Unless Jana and Jinger are moving out and going their own ways, I do not see how they could carry a show- Living their current lives, I cannot even imagine an interesting episode based on Jana and Jinger.

Unless Jana and Jinger are moving out and going their own ways, I do not see how they could carry a show- Living their current lives, I cannot even imagine an interesting episode based on Jana and Jinger.

Interesting has never been part of TLC's criteria. They made entire episodes devoted to going to the dentist. They manufactured a story line of "Anna drives in a city." They aired the second special.

Maybe the new story lines will be more "we are cooking meals for our married sisters' families" and THs about how "fun" it has been taking over their jurisdictions.

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I could totally see a "fake"  Jana & Jinger Move Out VSE.  JB certainly would stoop to this to keep his empire afloat.   We'd see them preparing and moving to a "big city", looking for jobs, touring college campuses, then find out after the fact they moved back home.   A quote from J'Chelle would read - "The girls, bless them, felt they needed to be back with us - they have such a heart for our family".... :my_sick:

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I could totally see a "fake"  Jana & Jinger Move Out VSE.  JB certainly would stoop to this to keep his empire afloat.   We'd see them preparing and moving to a "big city", looking for jobs, touring college campuses, then find out after the fact they moved back home.   A quote from J'Chelle would read - "The girls, bless them, felt they needed to be back with us - they have such a heart for our family".... :my_sick:

I almost don't want to put this idea into JB's head - it would be far too cruel to put Jana and Jinger through that :(

10 hours ago, momofsquid said:

I think the Washington Irving quote applies here: "As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place." 

:my_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Cactus said:

I almost don't want to put this idea into JB's head - it would be far too cruel to put Jana and Jinger through that :(

Although, if they did it, it could backfire on JB... maybe they'd decide to stay!!! haha.

8 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

More likely: the two girls go to "college" at Ecclesia, Clown, or Pensacola. There they meet sufficiently pliable fundie boys and have rushed, slipshod courtships that will have proposals timed just before graduation (or ON GRADUATION DAY OH HOW PRECIOUS). They will have "dueling weddings" planned by Sierra, which means that they will be full of chalkboards, impractical desserts, and decor that looks like Pinterest threw up all over the church parking lot. Their dresses will be nice, at least. Jinger will look even more dead-eyed and be married to a guy who's not Josh-level douche but kind of a douche (probably Ben-level douche), Jana will have somewhat good luck and get a Chad type who respects her and thinks the world of her. They will live on Duggar property; Jana will get the McMansion because that means plenty of space for Michelle, Jill, and Jessa to dump their children they still expect Jana to raise.

On 1/7/2016 at 11:11 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

This. What's the difference between the duggars grifting folks but a regular care less couple doing the same thing. Get a job and education

I'm just afraid that if they air a show all about Jana and Jinger, FJers will discover that Jana isn't nearly as nice as the Jana in our heads and Jinger isn't as free spirited as the Jinger of our dreams.

As far as Duggar income goes, i try to tell supporters rental properties does not equal wealth. You have to consider insurance, property taxes, and upkeep.Even if they weren;t starving before, TLC has really helped elevate their lifestyle. I wonder what the max rate is for cell tower lease.

16 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

I'm just afraid that if they air a show all about Jana and Jinger, FJers will discover that Jana isn't nearly as nice as the Jana in our heads and Jinger isn't as free spirited as the Jinger of our dreams.

I think most FJers have already figured this out, which is why most are now betting any kind of potential breakaways coming from the howlers or the lost girls. If Jinger really wanted to be free (or rather, if she was chaffing as much as many uses to think) she would have left by now. She doesn't because it's comfortable and convenient to stay in the TTH, whereas leaving would require a lot of struggle that she may not want to endure. The same is true for Jana. I don't know if Jana is "nice" so much as she's blandly inoffensive in front of the camera. If asked about women who have abortions or LGBT people, I have no doubt she would say something just as smug as Jill or Jessa. I seriously doubt that Jana or any other Duggar kidults are allowed to form their own political opinions. As long as Jana stays away from the cameras, we can project our own desires upon her.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived