IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

Jessa just posted a little video from Christmas. Were the Pecans at the TTH for the holiday? That voice sounds like David to me.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, halcionne said:

Jessa just posted a little video from Christmas. Were the Pecans at the TTH for the holiday? That voice sounds like David to me.

Man, both those kids (izzy and Spurgie) look like JB, it's freaky! (and probably mostly because he has no eyebrows, and neither do they...yet).

9 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Man, both those kids (izzy and Spurgie) look like JB, it's freaky! (and probably mostly because he has no eyebrows, and neither do they...yet).

I think they got his nose, too. I didn't think Jill and Jessa had the same nose, but maybe they do.

1 minute ago, halcionne said:

I think they got his nose, too. I didn't think Jill and Jessa had the same nose, but maybe they do.

I don't judge noses at this age, they are all the slightly upturned baby nose (for nursing purposes), That one is still on the fence as far as i'm concerned. 

3 hours ago, halcionne said:

That's Bin talking in a bit of a baby voice. But holy moly, his speech pattern and tone in this DOES sound like P.T., especially when he says "He is thrilled" in that weird, joyful, yet matter-of-fact tone that David always uses.  The last sentence sounded a bit too...manly... to be David (but I had to re-play 3 times just to make sure it wasn't, *and* check D&P's blog. The Pecan thieves were in Texas for Christmas. They just moved there. Get ready for photos in matching cowboy outfits! He will LOVE that. YeeHaw! Ride 'them cowboys, Davie! (But make sure to saddle up).

On a side note, even though it's a short little clip, I like Jessa's demeanor towards the baby in this video. I really hope she's a good mom. I just never pictured her to be the type who would be very warm mother. She's always seemed a bit cold and to the point. 

Ok, so, instead of doing the paper work I'm supposed to do, I went to google news and searched "Duggar" and found this little gem: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2015/12/jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-headed-for-divorce/

Now, I don't suppose that there is any truth in this. However, it shows how far we've come, if even the Duggar parents get such headlines by now.

8 hours ago, halcionne said:

tbh Spurgeon looks so done with everything. poor guy.

3 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

Ok, so, instead of doing the paper work I'm supposed to do, I went to google news and searched "Duggar" and found this little gem: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2015/12/jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-headed-for-divorce/

Now, I don't suppose that there is any truth in this. However, it shows how far we've come, if even the Duggar parents get such headlines by now.

oh I was supposed to post about this yesterday. I saw it on the front page of some magazine at the grocery store check out.

16 hours ago, halcionne said:

I feel like this picture shows exactly what Spurge will look like as an old man. Maybe I am just a weirdo, but sometimes I just feel like I can really see someone's visage of another time point. No idea what he'll look like as a toddler,  middle-ager, or anywhere in between. But that expression in the eyes, the droopy cheeks (just imagine them textured with pecked skin and light wrinkling, and a bit more deflated), and that combed-over hair. Does anyone else see it?

Jessa looks so thin here (in the face and arms). Did she already lose her baby weight, or did she really not gain any weight outside of her belly during her pregnancy? I swear I thought she was a bit fuller overall in most of her pregnancy photos. Not much, but an amount you would expect from pregnancy. (disclaimer: I see nothing snarkworthy about Jessa's weight at any point in her life, but hot damn she seems to have lost the baby weight fast)

7 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

oh I was supposed to post about this yesterday. I saw it on the front page of some magazine at the grocery store check out.

I have to say I'm actually quite curious what this story is about. I mean, it's most probably bullshit, but it's still interesting to see with what they come up, since there might be some true elements in it. This magazine isn't available in my country, so did someone from the US or Canada happen to read this article? (I mean, I probably wouldn't buy the mag, but you could just flick through the relevant pages at the store to get a general idea about the content of the Duggar article).

I think the Hollywood gossip mag. is prob. embellishing the Amy's parents divorce story.Michelle would never agree to a divorce b/c JB does all the managing of everything. She wouldn't have a clue how to get along. But just think: "You take all the boys & I'll take all the girls.":my_biggrin:

Actually, and in the end, the article does nothing to support the headline, adding in a question mark for good measure. Just in case yaknow, they're wrong.

11 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

tbh Spurgeon looks so done with everything. poor guy.

Of course he looks like he is done. He is not even 2 months old, his olnly thoughts as of right now are poop pee milk sleep

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

SES got the double curse: JB's nose and Michelle's family hairline.

I was just watching History cold case which is an awesome BBC show and the anthropologist who does the facial restoration from ancient skulls said people don't get their adult nose shape until about 8 - before that the vast majority have small upturned noses and that's been my experience in the kids that I've seen...even my own I had no idea who had what nose until they were pre-teens.

And a 2 month old baby's hairline?  Really?  

44 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was just watching History cold case which is an awesome BBC show and the anthropologist who does the facial restoration from ancient skulls said people don't get their adult nose shape until about 8 - before that the vast majority have small upturned noses and that's been my experience in the kids that I've seen...even my own I had no idea who had what nose until they were pre-teens.

My son had a big nose from birth...the exact same nose as my mother.

And...as a former, 35 year nicu nurse, I will tell you that any time an unusual looking baby was admitted to our unit, the first question asked by the neonatologist was "has anyone seen the parents"? Babies oftem times do look like their family members-

9 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

I have to say I'm actually quite curious what this story is about. I mean, it's most probably bullshit, but it's still interesting to see with what they come up, since there might be some true elements in it. This magazine isn't available in my country, so did someone from the US or Canada happen to read this article? (I mean, I probably wouldn't buy the mag, but you could just flick through the relevant pages at the store to get a general idea about the content of the Duggar article).

I have to admit I did not pick up the magazine to actually read it. I'm sorry :(

4 minutes ago, MakeItSo said:

I have to admit I did not pick up the magazine to actually read it. I'm sorry :(

No problem. I was just asking in case anyone has. It's probably full of crap anyways...

most babies have the same little  upturned nose, and yes, it is designed that way to facilitate breathing when nursing, but as Sassy says,  some babies will have a honker from birth.  It isn't common but when it happens you notice it because it is so unusual and it usually the same nose you will see on either mom or dad.  Elliot's nose looks pretty typical to me, but I can't tell much from that angle.

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

i LOVE History Cold Case... so enlightening and so sad. the 3 babies in the well, incredible! at the poor little preserved child :SURLEQ:

On 30.12.2015 at 4:48 AM, Sundaymorning said:

Lol well it would be really something if, after parading their abused and abusing children on the telly  for money over several years, after parading the children's lives in books, after parading on the speaking circuit , after parading Jill and Jessa on interviews and specials about sexual abuse, they'd split because one of them takes it so hard that their daughter in law was paraded...

If that article were true, it would mean M'chelle had finally read a few books & grown a backbone. I'm sure JB would not initiate a divorce; no woman besides M'chelle would ever have sex w/him!

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

If that article were true, it would mean M'chelle had finally read a few books & grown a backbone. I'm sure JB would not initiate a divorce; no woman besides M'chelle would ever have sex w/him!

Ah, but does JB know this?  He may have visions of showing Josh how it is done--divorce first, then find gorgeous women.

Seriously-- I suspect JB is self-deluded enough that, if he gave thought to the subject, he would think he would attract women other than Michelle.  But I am reasonably sure neither would seek divorce because it would make them look foolish and hypocritical.  Their "brand" matters.  Keeping up appearances matters.  Besides, even if they quarrel, I think their level of co-dependency is such that neither can envision life without the other.

As for the idea that they quarreled over exposing Anna on TV. I don't believe either of them has a sense of privacy or a bit of empathy for Anna.

IMHO- The most likely person in the TTH  to have complained that putting Anna on TV was exploitive was Grandma Duggar, possibly egged on by Amy who (in addition to being jealous) has enough sense about what the public would say and would perhaps make their grandmother uneasy enough to fuss at JB.  And the most likely person to report on this family tension would be Amy herself.  I don't believe it was her dad.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived