IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 15

happy atheist

Lmfao at the whole adopting thing. Pretty sure that even if the molestation thing didn't happen, social services does not want to give a baby to a family with that many children already.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Has this been discussed before? Remember that Ashleigh-fake-blog that claimed she knows the Duggars personally? It's gone! I guess the media attention must've finally got to her. Thanks for the laughs, Ashleigh.:pb_lol:

New name, new persona.

http://charityfletcher.blogspot.com/

RIP, Ashleigh, Kaileigh, Baileigh and I don't remember who else!

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I just read that. Yikes. :brainbleach:

Aw, I enjoyed the oatmeal, beans, and rice post. Praise the LORD for endless variety!

57 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Aw, I enjoyed the oatmeal, beans, and rice post. Praise the LORD for endless variety!

I can just imagine my husband's face if he got home tonight and I was all, "I made us oatmeal with carrots!" :my_confused:

2 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Lmfao at the whole adopting thing. Pretty sure that even if the molestation thing didn't happen, social services does not want to give a baby to a family with that many children already.

What I'd like to know is, can they get passed all the regulations by doing a private adoption?  Because I am sure there are plenty of Christian women willing to sell their fetus to the Duggars. ick. 

I would love to be a fly on the wall during the social services interview....

that at would be epic!!!

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

My favorite sentence from the blog is from the latest post talking about nannies:

People are handing their children over to young unmarried childless women to care for them! Its simply an outrage!

Sister-moms anyone?

So, birth control is a tool of Satan to take over the world? Good thing I "praise Satan" every morning when I wake up. Thank God for satanic rituals that allow me to have autonomy over my own body.

30 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

So, birth control is a tool of Satan to take over the world? Good thing I "praise Satan" every morning when I wake up. Thank God for satanic rituals that allow me to have autonomy over my own body.

I swear, fundies just make Satan sound really cool and fun loving.

Of all the things that need doing, they bring candy...smh.

Win children over with candy. Sure, use temptation as a recruiting tool. That doesn't make you hypocrites at all Duggars. Jesus would approve. Totally.

A work friend of mine just posted a photo of himself with JimBob at the northwest Arkansas regional airport with the hashtag "delta perks." So apparently, JimBob is flying somewhere on delta airlines tonight. Let the idle speculation begin.

8 minutes ago, samithemage said:

A work friend of mine just posted a photo of himself with JimBob at the northwest Arkansas regional airport with the hashtag "delta perks." So apparently, JimBob is flying somewhere on delta airlines tonight. Let the idle speculation begin.

Great avatar. That was my second choice.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Great avatar. That was my second choice.

I love yours and your user name! I have revealed my online fundie stalking habit to my work friend in the hopes of some solid info. I'll post if I hear anything interesting.

21 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I can just imagine my husband's face if he got home tonight and I was all, "I made us oatmeal with carrots!" :my_confused:

I'm quite certain this isn't what she's referring to... but Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal-53061951 Only 235 calories per serving :)

On 12/18/2015 at 1:45 PM, ShepherdontheRock said:

There are limitations in each state on how many kids under 16 or 18 a foster parent can have

On 12/17/2015 at 11:27 PM, barbecutie said:

Can Michelle and J-Boob even legally adopt, considering the molestation that went on repeatedly under their parental authority? That should be a huge red flag, even if Josh technically is an "adult" no longer under their roof.

How can they pass a home study? 

On 12/17/2015 at 9:40 AM, ksgranola1 said:

If they apply thru Social Services, they will be knocked on their ear. The System is full of kids w/baggage, devastating disabilities, autism & sexual abuse. Then there's the older kids up for adoption. They steal, kill your pets & set fire to the house. Once the papers are signed, you can't take them back. I'm sure they can't manage one of those. Then there's the Josh issue. I don't think even a private adoption would go thru, thanks to that little kerfuffle.

Not every kid does this.  Some do most don't. Jimchelle won't take an older child.  It will be an infant. Unfortunately infants might be drug addicted or abused/neglected. Plus the system has a whole group of rules and people in your life.

On 11/25/2015 at 9:39 PM, AngelGirl8811 said:

JB and Michelle talk constantly about their kids and pretend via the show, that they spend time with them, awkwardly I might add. Now that they have no show, no speaking engagements (or at least not many), less kids, and more adults; they find a "tutor!" What the absolute hell? Seriously? Are you telling me that they cannot get off their own behinds and teach their kids. Are they too busy trying to get into the fortress that satan built in Josh's heart? :dontgetit:

Tabitha Paine please run and run fast. Being the "tutor" to the Duggar family will get you nothing good. You may end up married to a Duggar. Not saying that all Duggars are bad but holy shit those two as your in-laws...run and don't look back! 

Don't forget that now and then they're forced into a selfie or two - a posed photo op like the one Jchelle had with Jordyn on the poor neglected child's birthday.

On 12/18/2015 at 1:45 PM, ShepherdontheRock said:

I've adopted three children from foster care, so I know a little bit about the process.

Adoption from foster care probably won't get them what they want, which is a baby. At least in my state, they generally don't want more than a 40 year gap between parents and children.  (Waived if due to birth of a new sibling who has already been adopted by family, or a kinship situation.) Their parenting practices would also be a hurdle here (no homeschooling is allowed, no corporal punishment is allowed, etc.) until adoption is finalized. Arkansas social services may be very different though.

Here, any one over the age of 18 living in the home would have to have a background check and be fingerprinted if they are living in the home. I'm not sure what Josh Duggar's background check would turn up since the police report has been destroyed. (And I'm not sure if he is technically living there either.)

Foster care adoption isn't the right route for them.

I think what the Duggars really want is to "save" babies from poor countries. However, international adoption is really, really difficult right now. A lot of countries have closed adoptions to the U.S. and the few that remain have really long waits or older, special needs kids. 

I think their only avenue would be domestic infant adoption-- though how that is  going to fit in with their "savoir" motivation is beyond me. They are a wealthy and have enough fans that I can totally see a private adoption happening -- all that is needed is two lawyers and a pile of cash. Social services wouldn't be involved at all. This would also give them the opportunity to craft their own savior story, which I have no doubt will happen. "She would have been aborted if we didn't step in."

My point is that their ability to adopt, either through an unethical re-homing situation, or through a private adoption wouldn't be as much of a challenge as you'd think. There isn't a strong correlation between ethics and the adoption industry... (not that all agencies are bad, but if you want to find a bad one and have plenty of resources to do it, it's not that much of a stretch.)

I really hope they never pursue this, just as I hope Jessa and Ben don't. M & JB are horrible parents... and would be absolutely dreadful parents to a child who is adopted and has to deal with the issues that brings along with it.

just read the intro post on that charity blog and I just about spilled pop all over my keyboard at this gem "And with so many families having so many children, we wont run into any issues with incest or marrying into families that are not like minded." 

On December 18, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Madbetty said:

It's a rather funny parody?! Please tell me it is...it couldnt be true...come on, confess...who is Charity?

It sounds entirely like a parody.  At the very least, the names are clearly made up.  And "quaint little church"?  

1 hour ago, MakeItSo said:

just read the intro post on that charity blog and I just about spilled pop all over my keyboard at this gem "And with so many families having so many children, we wont run into any issues with incest or marrying into families that are not like minded." 

LOL!  While the word "incest" seems to refer to "inbreeding," (a lot of people use incest when they mean inbreeding), this certainly has Josh-gate one reverberations.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived